Sweden v England

andykeenan

England team

Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard, Cahill, Caulker, Sterling, Osman, Welbeck, Cleverley, Young

Subs Jenkinson, Ruddy, Bertrand, Jagielka, Shawcross, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Zaha, Sturridge, Forster

England team

Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard, Cahill, Caulker, Sterling, Osman, Welbeck, Cleverley, Young

Subs Jenkinson, Ruddy, Bertrand, Jagielka, Shawcross, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Zaha, Sturridge, Forster

I'm all for giving youth a go - but that midfield and attack is utterly shite! Cleverley, Sterling and Young are not International standard.

As for Wellbeck, he's done his job of getting on the scoresheet but I still don't get him as a player, I personally think he's awful.

I expect lots of silly flick ons and attempted tiny through balls, which'll just get stamped out by the Swedish defence... I'm plumping for a very dull tedious 1-1 draw (with a gifted penalty coming our way)

I hope Osman has a good game, but at 31, what's the point of giving him his first cap???

I'm all for giving youth a go - but that midfield and attack is utterly shite! Cleverley, Sterling and Young are not International standard.

As for Wellbeck, he's done his job of getting on the scoresheet but I still don't get him as a player, I personally think he's awful.

I expect lots of silly flick ons and attempted tiny through balls, which'll just get stamped out by the Swedish defence... I'm plumping for a very dull tedious 1-1 draw (with a gifted penalty coming our way)

I hope Osman has a good game, but at 31, what's the point of giving him his first cap???

Agreed about cleverly and wellbeck, they are only getting recognition because they are from utd youth team... If they had come from us, or some other team outside the top 4 they wouldn't even be talked about

Osman has been playing well, and deserves to be in the national side on form. However, it's a bit of a pointless inclusion at the same time - I'd be extremely surprised if he goes to the World Cup at the age of 33. It's a friendly tonight, so arguably more importance should be placed on giving younger players experience, whereas if it were a qualifier then I'd accept that we should be playing our best current side. I'm sure some may feel this should be the case for all England matches, though, in which case his inclusion is merited.

Â