November Optimism Gauge

maqroll

No doubt a little different to this time last month...

That said, 3 away points today was HUGE, and puts some daylight between us and the bottom three...

Getting the win today was crucial considering the fixtures coming up.

It's going to be a hard month I think, and we'll still be in 17th place come December.

Optimism rising.

How on earth Lambert is capable of changing tactics so much we go from , short , pass & move to long ball hoof, back to short pass & move in the space of a month is kinda mind boggling. But still we looked great against an admittedly poor Sunderland. After we smash ManU I will feel much better :D

No doubt a little different to this time last month...

That said, 3 away points today was HUGE, and puts some daylight between us and the bottom three...

Getting the win today was crucial considering the fixtures coming up.

It's going to be a hard month I think, and we'll still be in 17th place come December.

Seconded

But definately more signs of improvement so far.

This season is all about staying in the league, introducing a better style of football and bedding in inexperienced players. The team rebuild has only just begun. Along the line we have to pick up 40 points. Yesterday was an important 3.

Optimism rising for me. There are some very weak links that need sorting out. Attacking midfield, holding midfield and left back are areas that desperately need addressing in January. But the team are learning as a unit. We aren't going to get any weaker from here. Lambert just has to find a way of picking up points until we can strengthen the squad in January.

Before we all think we've cracked it we have struggled to beat Swindon and scraped by a very poor Sunderland team. Will take a lot more than that to convince me we are on the right track.

Your obsession with overnight transformation knows no bounds.

Nobody is asking you to be convinced by back to back wins, nobody really cares, all we're saying is prematurely passing judgment is futile and ridiculous.

It could be a long month, but we're definitely going in the right direction. The changes that need to be made are in progress, but they will take a long time to put into place. This club had been going backwards for the best part of two years and it won't be fixed overnight. The cup run is also a nice distraction from a tough league campaign.

I would be happy if we take atleast 1 point from these next four games.

It should be 3, if we fail to beat reading at home after failing to beat norwich we are ****. we must stare beating the other 4 shit teams in the league

Your obsession with overnight transformation knows no bounds.

Nobody is asking you to be convinced by back to back wins, nobody really cares, all we're saying is prematurely passing judgment is futile and ridiculous.

Sorry i haven't replied sooner to your post but i had to check whether this was a forum which everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I can see us beating Reading and nicking a point of Man City which should keep us well in touch with mid table. I also have a hunch that we just might get something against Man U but it will depend on Lambert setting us up in the correct manner. If he does an Mcleish then we'll lose by 3 or 4.

This will be difficult month but 3-5 points should be very achievable. I believe this season will be opposite of the last season - we're probably going to be about 14-18 by january but the team will start to pick up points in the spring and we're gonna finish around 8-13 depending on how good run we'll get.

Sure the team should've picked up win or two more but at least I've seen more positives than negatives - the way Lambert tries to get his team playing and they actually do create chances gives me hope. I do think we need two or three players more, more experienced defending midfielder, another creative attacking midfielder to rotate with Ireland and maybe left back, depending on how Bennett, Stevens and Lichaj plays.

Nothing has happened to stop the optimism I have had ever since PL joined. Still consider we can finish top Ten, still convinced we will have at least 1 good cup run (that is easier already !), still convinced we are nowhere near as bad as some think, still love the idea of youth, lower League, and unproven players rather than the same old names people throw up over and over.

Still like PL's tactical changes, his disinterest in 'names' and his (obvious) plan, and still feel it is exactly the right way to go.

Still really enjoying my Club again.

No problems for me.

• Like 1

Â