November Optimism Gauge

maqroll

It should be 3, if we fail to beat reading at home after failing to beat norwich we are ****. we must stare beating the other 4 shit teams in the league

I do not agree.

I said at the start of Nov that I expect us to get atleast 9 points between now and Jan 1st.

So far we have already got 3 from a team a lot of people felt were going to 'give us a hiding' so it is a good start.

If we fail to beat Reading we are far from 'being ****' - we will still have 25 games left and a transfer window to come.

Got to beat Reading. How anybody on here would settle for one point from these four games is baffling.

City away is 95% a write-off, granted. However I don't see why we can't push Arsenal for one maybe even three points. They look devoid of confidence at the moment and you can tell they are entering into that annual period where everything around the club seems negative due to a couple of poor results. Think we could steal something from them whilst they're feeling sorry for themselves.

Also, remember when we played United off the park barely two years ago with Bannan and Hogg in midfield? It's not a foregone conclusion that we will get nothing from that game. If Lambert sets the team out correctly, we could give them a right go. One thing about this season so far is that we have fought more than last year I'd say.

17.30 kick-off. Villa Park in full-flow during a night game can be enough to knock any team out of their stride. Create the noise and it could happen. A few years ago we also drew 0-0 with United during a similarly-timed game and the atmosphere was incredible. We should have won as Gabby should have won a penalty too. If we'd have scored in that game the ground would have blown its lid off.

Come on you Villa boys

I think we're going to have a tough month, although I do think we'll get a surprise from one of the next 3 games.

For the season as a whole I still remain optimistic. I don't think we'll have an impressive league standing at the end of the season, but I do think we'll continue to improve and that we'll be safe from relegation.

In couple last seasons with ManUre you never know which of them shows up, but with our luck it's gonna be the better one. From the next four games I'd expect us to snatch 4 points, one draw against the big sides and win against Reading but if Lambert gets his team fired up they might get surprise win against Manure or Arsenal.

I'd be content with 2 points from the next 3. Then if we can beat Reading that would put us on about 14 played with 14 points which would be a solid platform to build on considering all the new players were gelling etc in the first quarter of the season. That win against MON was crucial.

Love the look of Benteke & although Gabby looks to have lost a yard since he beefed up he is still quicker than most & appears to be finding a bit of form at last. We still need a good partner for Benteke though in my opinion.. A Gary Shaw type who will work off his knock downs & take some of the attention away from him.

I'd be content with 2 points from the next 3. Then if we can beat Reading that would put us on about 14 played with 14 points which would be a solid platform to build on considering all the new players were gelling etc in the first quarter of the season. That win against MON was crucial.

Love the look of Benteke & although Gabby looks to have lost a yard since he beefed up he is still quicker than most & appears to be finding a bit of form at last. We still need a good partner for Benteke though in my opinion.. A Gary Shaw type who will work off his knock downs & take some of the attention away from him.

Quite like the look of Arouna Kone at Wigan but don't think they'd sell to us unless we offer the usual 10m that their chairman likes. If we do sell Bent and i don't think we should, i'd like to see someone like Kone coming in to feed off Benteke's knock downs.

2 from the next 9 would be very good, realistically speaking - I'm expecting 3 losses, so anything more than that will be a bonus. It'll be good to get these matches out of the way I suppose!

Exciting games ahead indeed. But after it's done and some have not got the amount of points there expecting I hope we still realise they were always going to be difficult games and not to turn on the Team/Manager and start the whole were **** so here comes relegation tirade again.

Exciting games ahead indeed. But after it's done and some have not got the amount of points there expecting I hope we still realise they were always going to be difficult games and not to turn on the Team/Manager and start the whole were **** so here comes relegation tirade again.

Relegation is still a possibility and until it is not we should accept that.

Man Ci£y are misfiring too, I think United will have too much firepower for us but I really think we can terrorise Mertesaker and Kochelny or Vermallen whoever they play. Arsenal are a soft touch if you get into them. Then beat Reading (which I think will be a really tough game) then we are off and running

Â