Fan Power

Amo69

When Lambert first decided to change our back 4 I initially thought it was because he felt they were not good enough and were going to be replaced by better players. As it turned out Vlaar aside they have been replaced by future potential rather than better players. I refuse to believe that Lowton, Bennett, Clarke Lichaj and Baker are at this current time better defenders than Warnock, Hutton and Collins.

So why phase them out even if you may not be able to sell them? Because what a great way to get the fans on your side from the off. The 3/4 players that have been made scapegoats by the villa faithful for all of villa's problems are made surplus to requirements.

Genius but also very dangerous. One or two injuries to our defence ad we're in big trouble. This to me has been a great example of fan power and why managers should not listen to fans when making their decisions. As much as I hated Mcleish he never listened to us but kept us up. I have a feeling Lambert has won the fans over but it my cost us our Premier league status. As always I hope I'm proven wrong.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who stayed till 90 mins will have witnessed a great show of faith from the fans to PL.

After 80 Mins, constant chanting of Paul Lamberts Claret and Blue Army. Lasted a full 10 minutes.

Excellent. Glad to hear it. Exactly what we need now.

**** magical it was too. Such a contrast between the Holte and the interwebs when it comes to deciding whether the fans are behind Lambert. Out in the real world, the ones who don't leave after 70 minutes certainly seem to be.

1000% agree

Well I left after 85 minutes so did it start then as I never heard it? The atmosphere was pretty poor apart from the first 10 minutes of each half.

It started around 85 minutes and lasted to the end of the 3 minutes extra time.

I'm guessing the people who left early had to beat the.. Ahem.. Boxing Day traffic..

Well I left after 85 minutes so did it start then as I never heard it? The atmosphere was pretty poor apart from the first 10 minutes of each half.

Was there a fire drill? Was there a fire drill?

• Like 1

It started around 85 minutes and lasted to the end of the 3 minutes extra time.

I'm guessing the people who left early had to beat the.. Ahem.. Boxing Day traffic..

I'm sure that is what it was. Or maybe it was the completely inept performance we were witnessing?

I left around the 88 minute mark, think it was the earliest I had since that horrendous 1-4 match against Coventry.

Maybe, but I'm glad everyone didn't run off early, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the great show of support that we did at the end.

If nothing else, I'm sure it will increase the efforts of Lambert/Randy to pay back our support.

Maybe, but I'm glad everyone didn't run off early, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the great show of support that we did at the end.

If nothing else, I'm sure it will increase the efforts of Lambert/Randy to pay back our support.

Yep, and maybe I'm naive, but if/when Lambert gets things turned around and bigger clubs start casting their beady eyes over him, it might just persuade him to stay for another season or two.

I watched the game on a dodgy stream, and you could clearly hear "Lambert's Claret Army" for at least five minutes. I was pretty impressed. Absolute respect to those fans.

I left after the 4th goal went in, i still didnt beat the traffic, not that that was my reason for leaving anyway.

I left early because yet again ive been utterly disgusted and embarrassed by AVFC. Dont see why i should hang around to sing the name of the manager who has just lead the team to 8-0 and 4-0 defeats.

I left after the 4th goal went in, i still didnt beat the traffic, not that that was my reason for leaving anyway.

I left early because yet again ive been utterly disgusted and embarrassed by AVFC. Dont see why i should hang around to sing the name of the manager who has just lead the team to 8-0 and 4-0 defeats.

Shall I change your username then? :mrgreen:

I wonder how many of these 'super fans' did the same for Mcleish?

Just because they chant for a manager they like after a shit performance makes them better than anyone who didn't?

So your brother's not allowed an ice cream unless you get one? ;) Nobody's said anyone's a better fan than anyone else, just that those fans who somehow managed to see the wood for the trees after a 4-goal thrashing deserve credit.

Â