Fan Power

Amo69

Who exactly are all these people? Football is generally organised into leagues of broadly matched teams so that, while some teams are better than others, there is usually a reasonable contest before one side wins. What we're seeing at Villa at the moment is a team woefully out of its depth getting picked off at will and hopelessly overwhelmed. That is not a good thing to watch and is not something that not too many fans have to put up with.

In the context of this thread, I was merely pointing out that football cannot be equated to other forms of entertainment and that there is more to its enjoyment than the result and even the performance being satisfactory. My quote looks silly on its own, but then you already know that.

My view is that unless we have a better idea of who should be our manager, and while there's a chance that PL is slowly building something good, that's exactly the correct message to be sending him.

What, that he's doing a great job and has our approval? Edited by briny_ear

What message does it send Lambert?

That the majority of fans understand that he's taken on a difficult job and that they're willing to support him and the team through the 'tough' times'.

I suspect little gestures like that from the fans can make quite an impact on the manager and players.

• Like 2

I think its vitally important to keep getting behind the team like we did yesterday at the end.

I'm glad those who felt the need to leave left, because they would have been the ones booing at the end.

Instead the people that were left were the people who are going to be sticking with this team through thick and thin and thats how it needs to stay.

• Like 1

I think its vitally important to keep getting behind the team like we did yesterday at the end.

I'm glad those who felt the need to leave left, because they would have been the ones booing at the end.

Instead the people that were left were the people who are going to be sticking with this team through thick and thin and thats how it needs to stay.

We are all behind the team through thick and thin, even if we don't all want to stay til the bitter end and start chanting to get behind the manager.

It was a lost cause, the game was up and it was depressing seeing such a mis-match for the second time in three days.

My view is that unless we have a better idea of who should be our manager, and while there's a chance that PL is slowly building something good, that's exactly the correct message to be sending him.

Exactly my initial point, this post wasn't about who's a better than, it was simply recognising that about 20k stayed till the bitter end and showed Lambert that despite a dreadful team performance, we're still behind what he's trying to do. OBE called it correctly, McLeish never had that sort of support simply because the entire fanbase had no trust or belief in the man, he was somebody who'd achieved very little in the game and there was little sign of improvement throughout his reign.

Lambert on the other hand has inherited an abhorrent mess, and it will take time to sort out.

I just thought it was quite heartening to see such a public showing from our fans, when we're more accustomed to getting banners out. (Eck/Hou/OLeary) all had a banner but i can think of at leist one game under each of theyre reigns that were worst than our last two games under Lambert.

Edited by VillaGoMarching

It started around 85 minutes and lasted to the end of the 3 minutes extra time.

I'm guessing the people who left early had to beat the.. Ahem.. Boxing Day traffic..

I left on 84 minutes because the 'football' i was watching was absolutely **** shite, and the team had let the fans down badly, again.

does that make those who stayed better fans than me ?

I left on 84 minutes because the 'football' i was watching was absolutely **** shite, and the team had let the fans down badly, again.

does that make those who stayed better fans than me ?

No, sorry, did someone say it did?

If those fans that stayed and sang are so great why didn't they do the same when it was 0-0?

'are so great'... Who said the fans that stayed were 'so great'?

I wonder how many of these 'super fans' did the same for Mcleish?

Just because they chant for a manager they like after a shit performance makes them better than anyone who didn't?

'Super fans' ? Where are you picking this stuff from BJ10?

There seem to be a lot of defensive posts from people, mentioning the old 'better fan' thing... and yet that's the first time it's been mentioned.

Regarding McLeish, I gave him support right up until the last 2 or 3 games. Not because I enjoyed the football, but I tried my hardest to see what he was doing - for the simple reason that I was supporting AVFC.

In my opinion, that's the only thing I can do. I don't have a say on who we buy, or the team we put out, or the way the players play. But showing support does exactly that - it supports the team. Which is what we all want, I'd have thought.

• Like 1

Acceptance?

Of what we are. I think for a lot of fans, myself included, it finally clicked how far we have fallen. We've been in a relegation battle for over two years and all the bitching and whining in the world won't drag us out of that. All that is left for us to do is support.

I don't necessarily believe it will end any time soon. I do however think that Lambert is as good as we'll find to lead them right now and that we can make a difference. As I said at the final whistle, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I would much rather have 15,000 making that noise every week than 35,000 apathetic faces.

'Super fans' ? Where are you picking this stuff from BJ10?

There seem to be a lot of defensive posts from people, mentioning the old 'better fan' thing... and yet that's the first time it's been mentioned.

Regarding McLeish, I gave him support right up until the last 2 or 3 games. Not because I enjoyed the football, but I tried my hardest to see what he was doing - for the simple reason that I was supporting AVFC.

In my opinion, that's the only thing I can do. I don't have a say on who we buy, or the team we put out, or the way the players play. But showing support does exactly that - it supports the team. Which is what we all want, I'd have thought.

Absolutely. Nobody's knocking anybody. I'm sure a lot of the people that left early that have been watching Villa a lot longer than I have and have witnessed much better and much worse times than this.

But personally I'd rather more people stayed until the whistle and support the club rather than tuning in later to MOTD and seeing 20,000 empty seats and queues at the exits with 15 minutes to go.

Absolutely. Nobody's knocking anybody. I'm sure a lot of the people that left early that have been watching Villa a lot longer than I have and have witnessed much better and much worse times than this.

But personally I'd rather more people stayed until the whistle and support the club rather than tuning in later to MOTD and seeing 20,000 empty seats and queues at the exits with 15 minutes to go.

extremely sensible post. well done.

The blokes behind me were shouting 'Bag of shit' 'Kick it down the pitch' and all other sorts of shit for 70 minutes, including 'Get Nzogbia on' 'What is Weimann doing?' I was delighted when they left and thank god they aren't there every week.

Its funny because while it is all good and well chanting for 7 minutes solid at the end its usually the same people who are booing us off at HT in the past when we are 0-0 at HT v Wigan. Fickle bunch, infact lets see what happens if we do lose to Wigan on Sat, you reckon the same fans will be in support of what Lambert is doing long term? People are sheep, they will chant when others chant, boo when others boo.

Â