which striker?

V111A

Which striker?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker?

• Darren Bent
    • Robbie Keane
    • Jermaine Defoe

this perhaps co-incides with other posts but out of darren bent,robbie keane and jermaine defoe... who would you prefer?????

For me i think Robbie Keane has all the skills but occasional lack of end product where as Defoe has end product but no build up...

Out of the three i'd like Darren Bent - looks a good Presence and also scoring in a s*** team....

which you prefer?

Darren Bent definitely but he is likely to cost close to double what Defoe would. I think if Defoe played every week he would be just as prolific as Bent though.

Depends how much money is available though really. Although I really like Keane, I think out of these 3 he would be my 3rd choice.

I'm surprised that teams have not figured Darren Bent out yet as Uruguay did in that qualifier earlier in the year by sitting deep and not letting him in behind. Personally, I feel we should have bought Keane a few years back and although he is a quality player, I would prefer Defoe because he puts the ball in the back of the net when it matter.

Added a poll as it seemed apt.

As money is no object any more (within reason) I think Bent costing double should not be a consideration. I'd go with him, but I'd be more than happy with Defoe as I think he could flourish under MON's tutelage.

BOF, I don't think that "money is no object". I think we will make money available for the right players but that there will be some sort of cap on it.

Bent would cost £12 million I think and Defoe is touted at £7 million. I doubt Bent would be worth the extra £5 million as I think if Defoe was given a good run in the side and played properly he would do extremely well.

I would sign Defoe and use the remainder to sign other players.

Bent to make defences have to play deep and therefore Angel to thrive in the gap between defence and midfield a la the Rooney & Saha combinatin at Man U.

Don't see it happening though as just yesterday I read on teletext that Charlton had ruled out any possibility of selling Bent and when you're in the mire and unproven as a manager thebest step isn't really to sell a 15-20 goal a season striker!

I did say within reason. What I meant was it is no longer the difference between signing a player and not signing one. In other words if MON says he wants him then I'm sure the board will go for him.

BENT,

because

Moore Bent Agbonlahor makes me horny, whilst Defoe Angel Moore isn't quite the same.

Same reason here. There are arguments for all three, but if you're looking for the natural all round finisher to compliment your tricky wingers, Bent's your man.

Unless O'Neill doesn't think Moore or Gabby are good enough to play off a target man (and we will be using a target man in a 4-4-2 IMO) then I can't see the point in Defoe.

Keane - Moore - Gabby could be pretty special, but again despite Lukes efforts to bulk up it's still a rather lightweight line.

Darren Bent it is, but I wouldn't mind any of them........

Â