which striker?

V111A

Which striker?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker?

• Darren Bent
    • Robbie Keane
    • Jermaine Defoe

But you've still not explained why you even think he might not want to leave them.

I don't think he is a jump ship type of player, i think if they went down he would go with them and not kick up a fuss and request a transfer.

Right. Not sure how you formed that opinion (and pretty sure I'll never find out), but fair enough.

Amazing, the amount of players these days that would rather play in the championship than for a top 8 premiership club. Truly amazes me.

Jez, look at this scenario.

Charlton are bottom at Christmas. Highly likely

Clubs bottom at Crinmble invariably go down, WBA aside.

New manager needs funds to try and get them out the shite. They have none at the min having just spent 12m

Bent is unhappy with the position

Manager realises he is their saleable asset.

Do you think he'll want to go then or they'll want to sell him then?

But you've still not explained why you even think he might not want to leave them.

I don't think he is a jump ship type of player, i think if they went down he would go with them and not kick up a fuss and request a transfer.

Right. Not sure how you formed that opinion (and pretty sure I'll never find out), but fair enough.

Amazing, the amount of players these days that would rather play in the championship than for a top 8 premiership club. Truly amazes me.

I ask you the same question.

How do you know they want to?

I never said i knew, i said its what i thought!

Jez, look at this scenario.

Charlton are bottom at Christmas. Highly likely

Clubs bottom at Crinmble invariably go down, WBA aside.

New manager needs funds to try and get them out the shite. They have none at the min having just spent 12m

Bent is unhappy with the position

Manager realises he is their saleable asset.

Do you think he'll want to go then or they'll want to sell him then?

Yeah if that was the case, my opinion would no doubt change. But at the moment none of the above are happening. It looks like a few could happen but they have not happened yet.

Hense my current opinion.

Jez, I have to ask who do you think we'll be able to attract?

As I tried to ask the other day, according to yourself the field of players open to us is narrowing all the time.

None from top Championship clubs, none from top 4 in this country, top clubs in europe the players will want CL football now we cant attract players from the lower clubs in this league.

Exactly who would want to come to Villa then, in your opinion?

Jez, I have to ask who do you think we'll be able to attract?

As I tried to ask the other day, according to yourself the field of players open to us is narrowing all the time.

None from top Championship clubs, none from top 4 in this country, top clubs in europe the players will want CL football now we cant attract players from the lower clubs in this league.

Exactly who would want to come to Villa then, in your opinion?

I have answered this before in, i think the Nugent thread Richard; a couple of weeks back.

Nothing really has changed in what i put then. :)

and jez just to clarify, I think where Dave and I are coming from here is that we still think (even more now I guess considering all that is happening with Villa) that if we went in for a player of a certain standard, and Bent and definitely Nugent are those, then the player would make it known to his club that he wants to go

I ask you the same question.

How do you know they want to?

I never said i knew, i said its what i thought!

Ambition, Money and Lifestyle.

Like you, I don't know anything about Darren Bent and what his feelings are with regards to Charlton. I only have past experience to base my opinion on, but at least I've tried to back my opinion up.

and jez just to clarify, I think where Dave and I are coming from here is that we still think (even more now I guess considering all that is happening with Villa) that if we went in for a player of a certain standard, and Bent and definitely Nugent are those, then the player would make it known to his club that he wants to go

Thats fair enough dude, i completely agree with that opinion and understand it.

I am just saying for certain players i don't think they/their clubs will want them to move.

Clubs may not but in this day and age clubs have very little control over where a player wants to ply his trade

I know and i understand yours and DDID opinion and respect that, i was just saying what i thought. I also didn't see the need for a 'comment' and roll eye icon from DDID just because my opinion differed from his.

im not too sure who i would prefer out of keane and bent, as i'm a big fan of keane, but you can't argue with bent's scoring record. I would be thrilled with either, i'd be happy with defoe as well but i would prefer bent and keane a lot more.

Totatlly agree with this. Voted for Bent, but I think he and Keane are 2 very different kind of players who could sooperate very well with each other if we bought both. :D But if only one, which is of course the most probable thing to happen, I go for Bent.

Sometimes it takes so many words to say one simple thing. :P

Clubs may not but in this day and age clubs have very little control over where a player wants to ply his trade

apart from Greavesy at Bayern thoough, obviously :winkold:

FWIW i agree with your comments re Bent and Charlton.

I don't think he'll still be with them next season, whther they are in the prem or not.

He'll want (and need) a bigger stage.

Â