Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

<----- Feeling old

On 19/04/2023 at 14:11, villa4europe said:

kick em while they're down...

archie gray £3m

So his dad is the whippersnapper that played when we last won a trophy?

Edited by Tegis
wrong quote

30 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

His dad is ex-professional footballer Andy Gray. But not that one apparently.

I know, his dad played for Leeds in the League cup final 96, hence last time we won a trophy :)

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

I know, his dad played for Leeds in the League cup final 96, hence last time we won a trophy :)

Bloody hell. How did I manage to forget that?

I was 14 at the time so I can only assume the last 27 years has taken its toll.

• Haha 1

Leeds have signed good players but they're all in attacking midfield positions.

They have one half decent striker Rodrigo who has been injured and then they rely on Bamford.

Their recruitment in defence is what could also send them down. Not a decent defender on their squad. Meslier is also massively overrated, decent potential but way off Premier League standard 

Edited by VillaAlex

Christ Leeds were absolutely rubbish, negative defensive hoof balls for most of the game. Needed a draw really but there was little to no chance due to their appalling play.

Summed up by the keeper gifting 2 goals and roca hitting 3 corners 1 after the other straight to the first defender who just knocked it out for another corner.

Edited by brummybloke

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, been given as an own goal I think, and rightly so as his touch had sent the ball on a trajectory to go wide. 

Ah makes sense. Saw the angle he had last touch but looked dreadful😂

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 14:17, AshVilla said:

I'd take Meslier as number 2 to Emi.

5 - 10m?

Meslier is a strange one. He’s hopeless at everything, no command of the box, poor distribution, makes weird mistakes and a medicre shot stopper. Still there’s always talk about him being this great talent, apparently Bayern see him as a potential future nr 1. 

18 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Christ Leeds were absolutely rubbish, negative defensive hoof balls for most of the game. Needed a draw really but there was little to no chance due to their appalling play.

Summed up by the keeper gifting 2 goals and roca hitting 3 corners 1 after the other straight to the first defender who just knocked it out for another corner.

They are rubbish, this Leeds side is not the bielsa side of the first year back up. It’s a championship standard core with copper, ayling Harrison and bamford with some god awful signings like Koch, the Swedish full back etc. they are a pathetic team and I think if they don’t go this year they will go next season. They spent over £150 million in transfer fees thus season and are just as bad as last year and they have no players like Phillips they can sell to raise funds so it’s likely to be a lot of the same rubbish players next season I think.

Â