Midweek football 17/20 Sep

andykeenan

Great goal there. They always look a bit flukey when they go in, but that was such a difficult ball to defend that you have to give Kolarov credit.

Oh, and an immediate reply from Madrid. Through the eye of a needle!

Why do people cheer for Real Madrid over Man City?

Can't work that one out.

I'm indifferent to either club, I support two teams. Aston Villa and whoever are playing against Birmingham. I dont like the assertion that English people should automatically cheer for English clubs in Europe though.

And Ronaldo gets goal 151 in game 151!

take one look at chelsea's spending this summer, english teams doing well in the CL isnt great for english football despite what people say, i really dont see how chelsea getting around £100m in prize money last year and spending nearly all of it this summer is great for aston villa

man city will get about £40m just for turning up in the group stage, more if they do well, why would i want that to happen? in an ideal world all 4 english teams will crash out in the group stage

Why are you surprised that people want Madrid to win?

City are the devil of football, ruining it with their money and have just one English outfield player, who just happened to shit on us and makes me want them to fail even more.

take one look at chelsea's spending this summer, english teams doing well in the CL isnt great for english football despite what people say, i really dont see how chelsea getting around £100m in prize money last year and spending nearly all of it this summer is great for aston villa

man city will get about £40m just for turning up in the group stage, more if they do well, why would i want that to happen? in an ideal world all 4 english teams will crash out in the group stage

I take your point, but two things. Chelsea & Manchester City's spending is funded by oil money, not Champions League revenues. Also if all English clubs crash out in the group stages often enough then we lose a spot in the Champions League and qualifying for the competition becomes even harder. It's difficult to get that 4th spot back for your league when you lose it too, just look at Serie A.

**** hell, Joe Hart looks like he is about to cry.

Why are you surprised that people want Madrid to win?

City are the devil of football, ruining it with their money and have just one English outfield player, who just happened to shit on us and makes me want them to fail even more.

Please explain how Real Madrid are any better?

Â