The Nokia Lumia 920

CVByrne

Smells of Desperation By Nokia and Microsoft.

That's because they are desperate. But to be fair, the phone has been well received, from what little time Nokia allowed people to use it.

I think there is hope, as I think the iPhone leaks are accurate and plenty will be disappointed with the looks being similar to the 4 and 4S. Plus I can't see any killer feature they can offer that isn't another gimmick like Siri.

So then when Nokia and Microsoft do round 2 and release WP8 properly in October, let the phone be reviewed, people may want to try something new and a lot of people have owned Nokias and people know Windows.

Obviously time will tell. A lot rests on the Pureview camera tech, if that works then reviewers will be happy enough. If it doesn't it'll be slated.

Common practice, it extends media coverage of products as they get another day of headlines on tech blogs in a week or two when the press are allowed to play with it.

Also on the Vergecast there just now they were saying there is some problems with WP8 and that's why they didn't want to let people use the phones too much.

By the way they all said the Lumia 920 looks amazing and that this is they way industrial design of phones should be going. I couldn't agree with them more. Then the dream of someone getting stock on it was mentioned. Only in a perfect world would Nokia run Android. If only..

I don't think the design is anything special, just looks like every other phone but made to look a bit tacky by the coloured casing. In fact it looks a bit like the Samsung Monica that a friend has at work minus the surround. I'm not keen on the look of the iPhone either if the looks are to be believed.

Conor, is that screen going to be big enough for you in the age of the android super screens?

4.5 inch screen is only slightly smaller than the 4.8 on my S3. I'm sure I'll manage. I'm far more worried about Gmail integration. I'll probably get the new nexus as well in the new year. I am looking forward to the camera on the 920. I'm not too worried about pixels anymore, I just want less photos to end up blurred and better low light shots would be great too as I take loads of photos on nights out.

It'll be interesting to try it out. Been on Android so long at this stage.

The Verge get to test out the 920 camera

What's great is the 920 is just a point and click, while the S3 is next best when "night mode" is switched on, but you need to change settings. The 920 really is clearly better than them all at low light shots, and the ability to just whip it out and use it whithout changing any settings is a strength of the device going on the evidence of those photos.

But reviews do do stringent testing of cameras so I expect this part to be tested fully whenever we get some rievews which will be a month away at the least I'd say.

Also I'm sick of the Verge milking the fact they exposed the fake video image. Over and over and over. We get it, now please stop milking it. I had to skip the part in the vergecast as it went on so long.

Yeah, it's done them wonders on traffic, but my god they're milking it to death and it's getting annoying now. I dread in a months time how much of their actual review will be talking about the fake video done by marketing people who had nothing at all to do with making the phone at all.

We get it, Nokia were utter daft fools for trying it, they got caught. Good for the Verge for catching them out on it. But do we really want to keep talking about it? Over and over?

Â