Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I suggest you check our recent record for games here he starts and games where he doesn't. 

I'm guessing the same cynicism wasn't there for Grealish after his "no wins when Grealish starts" stat?

Just now, bobzy said:

I'm guessing the same cynicism wasn't there for Grealish after his "no wins when Grealish starts" stat?

What's that got to do with a post about how the team are rubbish with or without Westwood?

The facts are there that show our results are better without him, making that point false. 

Guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Gareth Bale once went 24 or so consecutive games for Spurs without being on the winning team. Must have been pretty shit.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Gareth Bale once went 24 or so consecutive games for Spurs without being on the winning team. Must have been pretty shit.

Haha can't defend anymore so have a go at fellow posters and make random posts irrelevant to the current discussion. 

Well done guys. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Time up.

I'm formally handing my Westwood defence society badge in and making my way to the camps.

I would like him replaced, he's declined a lot and both parties need a fresh start. Can we trade our WDL badges for Break Westwood's Legs League badges?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

What's that got to do with a post about how the team are rubbish with or without Westwood?

The facts are there that show our results are better without him, making that point false. 

Guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

It showed that we've been rubbish with or without many players over the past <x> seasons.

Our midfield as a whole is poor (sounds like Gardner and Westwood were particularly bad today), not just Westwood. Yet you're only commenting here?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised either. 

I sussed out this chancer after 10 games and genuinely find it incredible that so many of you defend him. I wouldn't mind if it was proportionate but it's a complete embarrassment, how many pathetic reasons have been made as to why he is not in fact a conplete disgrace despite 5 years of proof. We've had it all in this thread- my favourite i think is that he's shit because fans boo him. 

he is a cancer to our team, we average around (i think it might be less than) a point a game with him playing. Hes a loser and it rubs off on everyone else.

the only thing more embarrassing than his performances for the 5 years he's been here is his deluded fans continual defence of him and i include the worse capitulation of a team in Premier League history in that. 

Wow you've read my history, congrats, shall i post my address? (i walk around topless on Saturdays :D and leave the curtains open :wub:) i tend to browse the forum to look at others opinions - but the level of nonsense spouted in this thread often compels me to post - i know I shouldn't bite but can't help myself. There's a few idiots in other threads but this is extremely special. Like an alternative reality or something. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

It showed that we've been rubbish with or without many players over the past <x> seasons.

Our midfield as a whole is poor (sounds like Gardner and Westwood were particularly bad today), not just Westwood. Yet you're only commenting here?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised either. 

I've mentioned Gardner in other threads and referred to him as shit today if that pleases you. 

Of course we've been rubbish with or without many players. What's that got to do with responding to what momo said?

He specifically said, the team is not up to it with or without Westwood. Results show that actually the team have done ok when he's not played.

No one's saying it's all down to Westwood but clearly that original statement isn't correct. And as it's not correct I'm pretty sure I'm ok to point that out. 

2 minutes ago, commander said:

I sussed out this chancer after 10 games and genuinely find it incredible that so many of you defend him. I wouldn't mind if it was proportionate but it's a complete embarrassment, how many pathetic reasons have been made as to why he is not in fact a conplete disgrace despite 5 years of proof. We've had it all in this thread- my favourite i think is that he's shit because fans boo him. 

he is a cancer to our team, we average around (i think it might be less than) a point a game with him playing. Hes a loser and it rubs off on everyone else.

the only thing more embarrassing than his performances for the 5 years he's been here is his deluded fans continual defence of him and i include the worse capitulation of a team in Premier League history in that. 

Wow you've read my history, congrats, shall i post my address? (i walk around topless on Saturdays :D and leave the curtains open :wub:) i tend to browse the forum to look at others opinions - but the level of nonsense spouted in this thread often compels me to post - i know I shouldn't bite but can't help myself. There's a few idiots in other threads but this is extremely special. Like an alternative reality or something. 

:crylaugh:

The only positive thing i can say about him is that he is ever so slightly better than Gardner. 

What a state to be in after a record breaking spend. (For a championship club)

Just now, av1 said:

The only positive thing i can say about him is that he is ever so slightly better than Gardner. 

Amazing that it was (almost) completely overlooked. We even got rid of central midfielders! No depth there, let alone the poor starting options. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha can't defend anymore so have a go at fellow posters and make random posts irrelevant to the current discussion. 

Well done guys. 

It's completely relevant. You don't need empty stats to prove he's not good enough anymore. There's no reason to reach so hard.

Seriously, on a purely logical level do you really think Ashley Westwood presence/absence in the team was the sole determinant for why we didn't win as much when he played and/or why we won less when he didn't in the very limited sample size of like 20 games? Like, you actually think that's a sound argument?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Gardner is the fresh dog poo that is impossible to clean and ruins your shoes if you step in it. It smears up the sides and gets deep into the tread.

Westwood is the same dog poo but it's been there for a day so it's a little bit drier and a little bit easier to clean off, but you're still in for an awful 20 minutes in the cold back yard with a twig and hose.

That's the mental image those two conjure up for me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's completely relevant. You don't need empty stats to prove he's not good enough anymore. There's no reason to reach so hard.

Seriously, on a purely logical level do you really think Ashley Westwood presence/absence in the team was the sole determinant for why we didn't win as much when he played and/or why we won less when he didn't in the very limited sample size of like 20 games? Like, you actually think that's a sound argument?

Who's reaching hard? Some of us have held this opinion based on just watching him for years. Stats just support the opinion. None of this you don't get football nonsense, now that's a reach. 

I think Westwood presence in the team plays a part, clearly not the sole reason. But you and bobzy just haven't read the conversation as you're too eager to jump in with a dig now you can't defend his performance. 

Read what momo said, my response was to that. 

Edited by DCJonah

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who's reaching hard? Some of us have held this opinion based on just watching him for years. Stats just support the opinion. None of this you don't get football nonsense, now that's a reach. 

I think Westwood presence in the team plays a part, clearly not the sole reason. But you and bobzy just haven't read the conversation as you're too eager to jump in with a dig now you can't defend his performance. 

Read what momo said, my response was to that. 

Momo said that Westwood wasn't the sole reason for our poor form? You basically posted saying that he was. 

• Like 1