Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I didn't say drop Sanchez. He is able to drive with the ball past players and today created as many good chances as Westwood.

Delph and Sanchez is a good midfield 2.

I'm not sure its the best combination when playing an AM and wingers personally.

Delph doesn't want to be here. I'd rather play people who want to be here.

Not sure what happened with my last sentence up there.

That's true, and there is that part of me that thinks the same.

I didn't say drop Sanchez. He is able to drive with the ball past players and today created as many good chances as Westwood.

I'm not sure its the best combination when playing an AM and wingers personally.

Haha I wonder if we will ever agree on something?

• Like 1

Haha I wonder if we will ever agree on something?

Secretly I agree with everything you say, I just do it deliberately.  ;)

I just think that when you play an AM you need to have at least one holding midfielder who can link the play from defence to attack (Westwood) and one ball winner (Sanchez). Another plus point is Sanchez can drive forward as well. I like Delph but I doubt he'll be here much longer and he is probably better suited to playing in a 4-3-3.

Westwood is similar to KEA.

He is almost good enough for the premier league.

--------Sanchez------- Delph----------

--------------------Gil---------------------

Westwood is perfectly good enough for the Premier League.

No! He plays in defensive position but is not good at defending. Championship at best.

He played good today and was unlucky to be substituted and I wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying an injury. He is the only midfielder we have that can play a through ball and his best position would be infront of Sanchez, he pushed up nicely a few times today and played some quality passes.

Edited by Bunnski

Our best spell was when Westwood and Cleverley went off.....coincidence?

A midfield of Sanchez, Delph and Gil looks fine to me.Just need to replace Gabby and Weimann/Cleverley, oh and a manager who has the balls/nous to realize that.

I'd argue that it was down to cleverley as there's been a pattern in the last few games where we've played better when cleverley has gone off.

Gil plays better forward passes than Westwood, and Delph created more chances today than Westwood.

He did play a lovely 1st time pass to Cleverley in the 1st half though, but for me he doesn't do that enough, he doesn't take enough chances, he is too safe.Looks for the safe position, the safe pass, no pressure, thats why he frustrates me.I don't think he is as good as some of you think, but i do think he is better than he generally shows.A good squad player for me.

Didn't I tell everyone Westwood would render Sanchez ineffective? That's happened. Imagine a team with Sanchez as the holding mid and gil in behind the strikers... Now stop imaging because Lambert won't contemplate anything that doesn't involve westy. He's key to everything we do you know

Didn't I tell everyone Westwood would render Sanchez ineffective? That's happened. Imagine a team with Sanchez as the holding mid and gil in behind the strikers... Now stop imaging because Lambert won't contemplate anything that doesn't involve westy. He's key to everything we do you know

Eh?

Sanchez played deepest today and had a great game.

• Like 1