Hurricane Heading Straight Toward New Orleans

maqroll

The media over here report it is going to hit Florida.

I'm in Central Florida now and have just watched the latest update on the storm's progress. Isaac is moving North West into the Gulf and will not have a major impact on Florida. It's been a little breezy and we've had a few showers on Sunday but that's it so far. Still warm though, it's currently 26C at 01:25 in the morning. Today's forecast is similar. Looks like a second chill out day drinking cold beer whilst playing pool and table football in the villa games room. Oh well! :D

The storm chasing nut I share an office with says that the press are making more of this than it is and it is nowhere near a worry as he reckons at most they will get a gust of around 80mph which is nothing compared to anything bad that they have had before. The National Hurricane Centre will release another statement in 10 mins so will see what they say

Was in New Orleans last week , I'm not sure the city can survive another Katrina like hit so fingers crossed it misses or doesn't go full hurricane

Just declared full hurricane...and it's slowed down, which is bad news too...

The storm chasing nut I share an office with says that the press are making more of this than it is and it is nowhere near a worry as he reckons at most they will get a gust of around 80mph which is nothing compared to anything bad that they have had before. The National Hurricane Centre will release another statement in 10 mins so will see what they say

They're more worried about the rainfall than wind damage...could get ugly...

What's up mates...I've been mia the past couple years but still following the Villa. Last year brought me down after getting the blue nose's manager and I wrote off the season pretty much. At the moment it's just rainy and windy, I imagine I'll lose power soon so I thought I'd send this shout out. You guys were so supportive of me after Katrina. You even bought me a villa shirt and sent it to me mums:)

Anyway, it's just a category 1 so it shouldn't be too bad, but I guess we'll see. It is a direct hit, so here's hoping!

I live on Jackson and St Charles avenue if you feel like looking it up. 1721 Jackson Avenue. I bartend at Arnaud's French 75 Bar and we're closed tonight and tomorrow night.

Glad you guys are still keeping an eye out.

Tonyh29, haven't we messaged before? Stop by my bar next time.

Up the Villa, mates!

3po

Welcome back to VT.

I've been watching live coverage of it on CNN. They've got Anderson Cooper in New Orleans, looking like a drowned rat, standing by a bridge that goes over the Mississippi river into Downtown New Orleans. It looks pretty bad!

Stay safe. All the best! :thumb:

Â