Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Tom I'm with you I'm still bricking it it is not all over by a long shot. For us to go down

We have to take no points from Chelsea and Wigan - possible

Southampton take one point from Sunderland or stoke - very possible and likely

Norwich take three points from Albion or man citeh - 1 chance to do this so very tough can't afford a draw must win

Newcastle take three points from QPR or arsenal - 1 chance really so tough for them can't afford a draw must win

Sunderland take three points from stoke, Southampton or spurs - very possible and likely

Wigan take six points from Swansea, arsenal , us.- given it's Wigan who know but I wouldn't fancy our chances of nt losing on the last game

For me norwich or newcasle are the sides that will save us.

• Like 1

Sunderland to beat Stoke

Wigan to beat swans

Sunderland draw with Saints

Newc to beat qpr

Chelsea to beat us

and

Norwich to beat WBA

A 13/1 accumulator. Not exactly massive

All of the above outcomes are possible, however I still think we can go to Wigan and beat them if we need to.

There's going to be another twist and it wouldn't surprise me if Swansea get a point tomorrow.

Edited by Robbie09

We'll beat Wigan. I actually think this team is coping well with pressure. When we didn't think we would beat Reading and QPR, we did and we didn't think we would beat both Sunderland and Norwich, we did.

If we go to Wigan needing a point we'll take all 3.

Not so sure , Wigan are the flukey boys and we'd probably get Phil Dowd as ref.

Don't care, I've decided that I'm showing completely blind optimism until the end of the season.

Everyone seems so absolutely certain Swansea are going to roll over tomorrow. Don't see it myself.

Nothing to play for and Michu probably out for the season.

If i was a Wigan fan i'd like their chances but as always it can go either way

Sunderland to beat Stoke

Wigan to beat swans

Newc to beat qpr

Chelsea to beat us

and

Norwich to beat WBA

I'm not a bookie, but would guess that your 13/1 is way out. I'd be surprised if it's less than 3 figures...

Edit: beaten to it.

Edited by myb

Norwich are now second favourites to go down behind Wigan. In most cases Wigan, Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland and Southampton are more likely to go down than us according to the bookies.

Obviously not set in stone but does make me feel more comfortable. What's that saying? Bookies rarely get it wrong? Here's hoping.

These 3 midweek games are key for me.

Stoke I'm hoping will put pressure and score soft set-piece goals on a brittle Sunderland defence, and I hope Swansea manage to keep the ball and do a professional job on Wigan.

I also think a Chelsea win over Spurs could work in our favour.

If we go into the 37th round of fixtures with Sunderland stuck on 37 and Wigan on 35 or 36 then that would be a massive boost to our chances.

The Chelsea game on Saturday I think will prove irrelevant. Im confident we'll have a 3 point advantage on at least one team come May 19th.

Sunderland to beat Stoke

Wigan to beat swans

Newc to beat qpr

Chelsea to beat us

and

Norwich to beat WBA

Huh!? Where did you get those odds from?

I make it:

23/20

5/6

12/5

5/4

8/11

11/10

108/1

13/1  :D

Southampton are still likely to come ahead. Even though they are 1 point behind, I personally think they will do better in their remaining 2 fixtures then villa, and they also have a better goal difference.

Not sure why people are so confident.

Ok,  my post highlights a lot of results that need to come in and yes an accumulator would be pretty big odds. But its not like they are all on the same day. Also, all the teams highlighted have other opportunities to grab the points - I just simply picked the game most likely to get them points.

The point for me is simple - If Wigan win tomorrow and we don't pick up points against Chelsea - we are in for the most horrific last day of the season. Not saying we wont be in a better position than others, but I certainly will not be enjoying it.

Lose both - we are in big trouble. Only a freakish set of results would save us - (as freakish as the set I have pointed out to send us down).

What on Earth are you talking about? How are Norwich losing/drawing to West Brom and then losing to Man City away or Newcastle failing to beat QPR away and then losing to Arsenal at home "freakish" results?

Yes your right Richard and no joke that is in my mind too. Im not saying we will go down, Im just saying that its more possible than people think. Hence why we are now only 20/1, 22/1 & 33/1 max to go down, instead of the ridiculous 40/1 that the bookies branded about Saturday evening.

You're being very selective with your info there. One bookie had us at 40-1 for about an hour on Saturday and they've now joined every other major bookie who have been firm on 33/1 since then (I could only find 2 minor bookies on 20-1 and they will be there so as to balance their book). If Sunderland fail to beat Stoke tonight we will go even longer.