Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We beat Chelsea and were safe.

You would have thought so, but the worrying thing is that if...

Sunderland beat Stoke,

Wigan beat Swansea,

Stoke beat Spurs,

Norwich beat WBA;

Newcastle win at QPR;

Southampton win or draw at Sunderland;

Wigan win at Arsenal,

Norwich win at Man City,

Newcastle beat Arsenal,

Southampton beat Stoke,

Sunderland win at Spurs,

Fulham get 3 points or more off Liverpool and Swansea,

and Wigan beat Villa

we could still be relegated on goal difference even if we beat Chelsea 8-0.

I’m an absolute nervous wreck just thinking about how easily this could happen...

Here is a pic of your doomsday scenario:

RvQBpoK.png

If that happens I will eat the television.

My statistics might be a little rusty but by my calculations it is 4.1 x 10^17 times more likely for one of those things to not happen and hence not be relegated, than for all of those things to happen and get relegated on goal difference (assuming there are 15 different scenarios that have to be played out...I haven't counted).

• Like 2

An awful lot has to happen in order for us to go down, i think we will get a result on saturday and both the sunderland and wigan games this week will be draws personally thus meaning we are safe.  i am more excited about next season tbh now,  Lowton, Delph, Benteke, Westwood and Andi will just keep getting better its a big must that we stay up because if we do i truly believe next season will be exciting.

The one positive going into the Chelsea game is that they will be looking at their remaining fixtures and seeing our game as the "easiest" one they have left, and Benitez is likely to rest players against us regardless of what happens with Spurs. And they'll probably come into it a little cocky due to the reverse fixture. Although I still think any point from that game is a bonus.

All a moot point anyway because we're going to beat Wigan on the final day and relegate them.

Its a mad situation as it stands, before sunderland if you had said we'd be on 40 with two to go id have been delighted but as it stands a wigan win tomorrow will still make it very uncomfortable for us. Assuming we get nothing from chelsea it could very likely come down to the last day.

While thats still a possibility i will be bricking it! Swansea have been shite lately and have nothing to play for i just pray by some miracle they get something off wigan.

The one positive going into the Chelsea game is that they will be looking at their remaining fixtures and seeing our game as the "easiest" one they have left,

I'd have thought the fact that there are 5 teams between us and the 3rd relegation spot as a positive tbh

Its a mad situation as it stands, before sunderland if you had said we'd be on 40 with two to go id have been delighted but as it stands a wigan win tomorrow will still make it very uncomfortable for us. Assuming we get nothing from chelsea it could very likely come down to the last day.

While thats still a possibility i will be bricking it! Swansea have been shite lately and have nothing to play for i just pray by some miracle they get something off wigan.

There's more teams involved in this than just us and Wigan. If Sunderland lose tonight and only draw on Saturday they'll need to win away at Spurs on the last day to pass us, for example. There are also other teams below us to take into consideration too. If Newcastle don't beat QPR at the weekend they need something against Arsenal on the last day. If Norwich don't beat WBA they need a result away to City. Wigan are only a small part of it

I expect us to finish above both Fulham and Norwich - can't see either side gaining more points this season based on current form and opponents. Stoke could also be jumped. Even if we foul up with both Chelsea and Wigan I think we're safe.

Some stats: 

Villa have scored more goals in their last 10 games than Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City.

Fulham haven't won in their last 6. Liverpool and Swansea left to play.

Norwich have won just once in their last 9, and that was against Reading - as soft as it gets. Man C. and WBA left to play.

Norwich will pick up 6 points from where exactly? they have what 2 wins in 19/20? They have West Brom and Man City next.. sorry but no.. they'll probably get a win vs West Brom but vs City?

City will want to finish the season high, plus it's the last the game at the Etihad..

The one positive going into the Chelsea game is that they will be looking at their remaining fixtures and seeing our game as the "easiest" one they have left,

I'd have thought the fact that there are 5 teams between us and the 3rd relegation spot as a positive tbh

That's a positive in terms of our relegation survival (one of many). I was referring just to the possibility of getting something from the Chelsea game, which I happen to regard as slim.

Which doesn't matter anyway because as my post goes on to say, we'll beat Wigan. The results of teams around us and all the myriad permutations of the table, BBC predictors, accumulators, gambling odds -- none of it matters at all. We beat Wigan and we're safe. 100% in our hands. And not only possible, but entirely probable. Sorry to all those neutrals who continue to root for Wigan's Great Escape every year, but we're going to piss on your parade.

Is it good or bad that our game is on before everyone else this week? Result dependent I suppose.

Could be worse. Could be Sunderland who've played after everyone twice in a row now.

Is it good or bad that our game is on before everyone else this week? Result dependent I suppose.

The main thing is it gives chavslea less time to recover after weds nights tough game. They will have thursday off, possibly train Friday am then drive to their midlands hotel. Then up early Saturday and bang, the game down Aston

There's more teams involved in this than just us and Wigan. If Sunderland lose tonight and only draw on Saturday they'll need to win away at Spurs on the last day to pass us, for example. There are also other teams below us to take into consideration too. If Newcastle don't beat QPR at the weekend they need something against Arsenal on the last day. If Norwich don't beat WBA they need a result away to City. Wigan are only a small part of it

Yea im aware of that but the way im thinking of it is if theres just 1 more team that cant catch us then were alright and then the other can worry, i always over worry and i didnt think i would when we hit 40. If wigan fail to win tomorrow i will rest a bit easier but i think they will win which as i say will make it very very uncomfortable.

We beat Chelsea and were safe.

You would have thought so, but the worrying thing is that if...

Sunderland beat Stoke,

Wigan beat Swansea,

Stoke beat Spurs,

Norwich beat WBA;

Newcastle win at QPR;

Southampton win or draw at Sunderland;

Wigan win at Arsenal,

Norwich win at Man City,

Newcastle beat Arsenal,

Southampton beat Stoke,

Sunderland win at Spurs,

Fulham get 3 points or more off Liverpool and Swansea,

and Wigan beat Villa

we could still be relegated on goal difference even if we beat Chelsea 8-0.

I’m an absolute nervous wreck just thinking about how easily this could happen...

And if my aunty had a dick she'd be my uncle. Your comment of how easily this coud happen is ludicrous. If it was easy we'd all be down the bookies to get the 10,000 to 1 they'd be offering on getting those 15 results correct