Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Someone post fixtures for the 40 point and less teams please!

STOKE

Sunderland (A)

Spurs (H)

Southampton (A)

FULHAM

Liverpool (H)

Swansea (A)

SOUTHAMPTON

Sunderland (A)

Stoke (H)

NORWICH

Baggies (H)

Man City (A)

NEWCASTLE

QPR (A)

Arsenal (H)

SUNDERLAND

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

WIGAN

Swansea (H)

Arsenal (A)

Villa (H)

I think we'll get a point against Chelsea and nothing against Wigan. Having done the BBC predictor I see Norwich going down on 39 points and us finishing 13th, Wigan 14th:

12 Sunderland  41

13 Villa             41

14 Wigan         41

15 Fulham       40

16 Stoke          40

17 Newcastle   39

18 Norwich       39

Lose against Chelsea and Wigan we finish 16th, nothing against Chelsea and a win against Wigan we finish 12th and Wigan go down. 

Right, so as things are right now, we're almost 100% certain to stay up. The following needs to happen for us to go down...

Wigan take 5 points more than us from Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Villa (H)

AND

Sunderland take 3 more points than us from Stoke (H), Southampton (H), Spurs (A)

AND

Newcastle take 2 more points than us from QPR (A), Arsenal (H)

AND 

Norwich take 2 more points than us from WBA (H), Man City (A)

AND 

Southampton take 1 more point than us from Sunderland (A), Stoke (H)

Every single one of those things need to happen for us to get relegated

• Like 3

I think Norwich fans will be very nervous. 

A draw at home to WBA and they will be heading to Man City on the last day needing to get something. 

I wonder what Lambert would do if we found ourselves in the situation where we were mathematically safe on the last day, but a Wigan win would relegate Norwich...

Sunderland to play Stoke (h) Saints(h) Spurs (a)

Stoke to play Sunderland (a) Spurs(h) Saints(a)

Fulham to play Liverpool (h) Swansea (a)

Norwich to play WBA (h) Man City (a)

Newcastle to play QPR (a) Arsenal (h)

Wigan to play. Swansea(h) Arsenal(a) Villa (h)

Some fixtures that help and hinder us there.

A draw at home to WBA and they will be heading to Man City on the last day needing to get something. 

I wonder what Lambert would do if we found ourselves in the situation where we were mathematically safe on the last day, but a Wigan win would relegate Norwich...

Errr play the strongest team we have and try to get 3 pts.

I think Lambert would put out the best possible team and go for a win. 

I don't think we'll get any more points* so we need all the other to mess each other up. 

*We may get something at Wigan if we don't need anything but if we do we'll mess up!

Edited by supernova26

Arsenal score after 20 seconds. Qpr beating the jawdees is very unlikely

There is no way QPR will do us any favours against Newcastle. I said before today we need 4 points from Norwich and Chelsea to be able to go into the Wigan game safe. Still think this is the case. We certainly could pick up a result against Chelsea. Apart from recent thrashings we have an ok record against them. Throw in the fact that it is our last home game of the season then a draw/win is not completely out of the question. I would be a lot more nervous if it was Man Utd we were playing.

• Like 1

If we could take this team and pit them against the Villa from the beginning of the season, this team would win every single time.

Improvement.

Arsenal score after 20 seconds. Qpr beating the jawdees is very unlikely

There is no way QPR will do us any favours against Newcastle. I said before today we need 4 points from Norwich and Chelsea to be able to go into the Wigan game safe. Still think this is the case. We certainly could pick up a result against Chelsea. Apart from recent thrashings we have an ok record against them. Throw in the fact that it is our last home game of the season then a draw/win is not completely out of the question. I would be a lot more nervous if it was Man Utd we were playing.

Hoping this team and Lambert feel they owe the fans for the 8-0 and give us a good game.

I don't think we'll get any more points* so we need all the other to mess each other up. 

*We may get something at Wigan if we don't need anything but if we do we'll mess up!

Well we needed something today and the boys delivered, despite being far from their best. We are only the 4th team to win at Norwich this season and the only one to do it twice!