Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

History suggests we will loose there, we always do apart from the one season under Uneill. Before then we have to go back to Ron Atkinson days.

What? We have a great record at Wigan. They have a great record at VP.

In fact, we haven't lost at Wigan since 2006. I'd love to know what history you read mate.

History suggests we will loose there, we always do apart from the one season under Uneill. Before then we have to go back to Ron Atkinson days.

In fact, we haven't lost at Wigan since 2006. I'd love to know what history you read mate.

Surely referring to Old Trafford?

Surely referring to Old Trafford?

Ah my mistake. Yeah we lose there every season  :lol:

The good old days, I remember going up there one sunday afternoon a few years ago still pissed up from our mid-week european tour, Was it 4-5 nil and SM come off the bench to scored a beauty from 30yards :D

Oh ye good olde days. Sit down potato head and the blow up doll crowd surfing lol

Edited by sutherland

Stoke are absolutely awful, they 100% deserve to be the third team to go down.

The Sunderland result was to be expected tbh, but I know we have it in our team to pull off a result against them and Norwich, can you honestly say the same for Stoke? The best they can hope for is a draw or two in their remaining fixtures.

They are an embarrassment to football.

I think QPR will beat them as that really would be their very last strand of hope. Norwich and Sunderland, the same two important fixtures as us, I fancy us getting more from both games than them. Then they have spurs and in form Southampton away? 

I think and hope Stoke will be the team to go down.

Yes you can never predict what the outcome of games will be. I just think the games against Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan will be very nerve-wracking. Not looking forward to them. Everytime we think we are going to get out of danger we let ourselves get right back into it again.

Wigan are the team I think may go. Some tough fixtures and the FA Cup is bound to be a distraction.

ive always believed that its always worth taking a player or two from whatever team are relegated, after all, if we go down, other clubs will be taking our players even before the final whistle is blown, quite frustrating really

but looking at the teams below us, theres nothing much worth having, and even if there was, theres no way theyd come to us as almost relegation fodder, theyd prefer to go to teams that would stay mid table and challenge for europe, just like us a few seasons ago...

Massively so, I agree, last week before this weekends fixtures, I really could see us beating Fulham and breaking away abit and now I look at the table with dread. 

We can do it tho, I believe the team has more quality. The thought of going down is too much, optimism/blind optimism is the only way forward untill the dust is settled.

I really dislike Stoke though, would love for it to be them to go. 

Agree about Wigan but they are also absolute shits for getting out of trouble, hopefully their luck will run out, doubt it though.

Beat Norwich and Sunderland and we won't get relegated whatever happens in other games.

Stoke are the team to finish above now. Think they won't win another game all season, may get some draws.

How many points have we now surrendered from winning positions?

Should of sorted this in January.

Sat high in the trinity yesterday and looking at the formation and system, we look a comfortable mid table team. But these silly defensive lapses are killing us. Im pretty sure we will be ok,  but if not, then the reluctance to back the manager in remedying these lapses will turn out to be criminal.

Beat Norwich and Sunderland and we won't get relegated whatever happens in other games.

Stoke are the team to finish above now. Think they won't win another game all season, may get some draws.

Full house and full backing throughut needed against Sunderland.  Keep behind them even if we go a goal down.

Stoke have a great run of fixtures coming up. They won't lose them all. 

I think they look easier on paper. Teams down the bottom start picking up results at this time of the year and I can easily see QPR doing Stoke next week. They will probably get a result against Norwich, but then Sunderland away, Spurs at home and Southampton away aren't easy at all.

I think they have a win and a draw in that pile of fixtures at most.

I hope that QPR don't completely give up the ghost next week like Harry has and then Norwich are still requiring a result when they play them.