Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bit of a sense of togetherness around Villa at the moment in contrast to other teams down there.

Because of the last few years of rubbish and the genuine fear of going down, during the games, our fans are really lifting the team. You can see they want it as well, look at that team celebration for Lowton's chicken dipper.

Norwich and Stoke home support both gave their sides pelters today.

I would love us to go to Norwich and give them an absolute tanking, 5-0 please.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

We now need QPR & Wigan to draw in my opinion.. That would pretty much finish QPR & give us a gap over Wigan with their game in hand being Man C Away.

Fulham will be a really tough game for me though looking at their recent results. We still badly need a win against them despite todays score as with Man U up next the last thing we want to do is relieve any pressure on Sunderland & Stoke.

I am praying for a huge Chelsea win over Sunderland to destroy the new manager factor of PDC instantly. Last thing we want is him turning them around now & hopefully without the MON factor (albeit spluttering) their players will get found out.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Rare I want Chelsea to win but come on tomorrow and don't pull another south Hampton.

We are not clear but we have to feel the drive and passion of the team. Last year was like a war of boring points attrition. This year you can feel a bit of fire and magic.

There is much room for improvement and that is a great thing. Myself, I want to see what the core of this team can do with a few additions next year. Just need to say up.

Keep it up boys! We are behind you (the 36.4 %)

We now need QPR & Wigan to draw in my opinion.. That would pretty much finish QPR & give us a gap over Wigan with their game in hand being Man C Away.

Fulham will be a really tough game for me though looking at their recent results. We still badly need a win against them despite todays score as with Man U up next the last thing we want to do is relieve any pressure on Sunderland & Stoke.

I am praying for a huge Chelsea win over Sunderland to destroy the new manager factor of PDC instantly. Last thing we want is him turning them around now & hopefully without the MON factor (albeit spluttering) their players will get found out.

Nah, we want a QPR win. We're 10 points ahead of them at the moment. They're not catching us up.

I changed my vote from yes to no a few weeks back. Since the draws at Everton and WBA I saw enough quality to think we would be ok if we could learn how to defend corners. Fortunately I don't think think we've conceded one since. The key thing for me is we are improving each game. If we look at recent defeats they were to Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City. In all of them we could have got a point.

Carry on playing and battling the way we are and we'll be fine. I think Sunderland and Stoke have more to worry about at this moment in time.

I agree with all of that Amos69 except the thought that we'll be "fine". I know what you mean but if we scramble to survival, which I have thought for some time we would and now looks increasingly likely, "fine" is just not a word I would use to describe our disappointing and nearly disastrous season.

For what its worth, a break down of our position now compared to last season:

We've now won one more game than we had this time last season (7 wins last season, 8 currently this season).

We've now lost four more games than we had this time last season (11 losses last season, 15 currently this season).

We've got two points less than we had this time last season (35 points last season, 33 currently this season).

We've scored the exact amount of goals we had this time last season (35 goals scored last season, 35 currently this season).

We've conceded fifteen goals more than than we had this time last season (44 goals conceded last season, 59 currently this season).

We're in the one place below the position we were in last season (15th last season, 16th currently this season).

• Like 1

I agree with all of that Amos69 except the thought that we'll be "fine". I know what you mean but if we scramble to survival, which I have thought for some time we would and now looks increasingly likely, "fine" is just not a word I would use to describe our disappointing and nearly disastrous season.

Fair enough but I felt relegation would be on cards from the start of the season hence the start date of the thread. At one stage I thought we would be relegated with games to spare. Still a lot to do but I've been pleasantly surprised by our recent form.

Instead of fine ill say we'll be alright ;)

We've now won one more game than we had this time last season (7 wins last season, 8 currently this season).

We've now lost four more games than we had this time last season (11 losses last season, 15 currently this season).

We've got two points less than we had this time last season (35 points last season, 33 currently this season).

We've scored the exact amount of goals we had this time last season (35 goals scored last season, 35 currently this season).

We've conceded fifteen goals more than than we had this time last season (44 goals conceded last season, 59 currently this season).

We're in the one place below the position we were in last season (15th last season, 16th currently this season).

I'd be interested to know the difference in form compared to this time last season. That's the key difference for me.

I'd be interested to know the difference in form compared to this time last season. That's the key difference for me.

Last five games compares to last season:

Last Season: D-W-L-L-D

This Season: L-W-W-L-W

Yes I'd take a QPR win methinks.

And also we still have lots of work to do. Fulham at home is by no means a banker very dangerous team on their day (unlike the dross we've beat recently) lose or even draw that we'll be back to square one having to play manure away in the next game!

We just have to be careful of having a freeze or dip at this moment in time. Luckily we have many inform players so it's unlikely any dip would affect the whole team.

7 more points should do it. If we can beat Fulham next week that will be a huge boost for the team. Surely at some point this season we are going to tonk a team at home?

sunderland or Chelsea I hope

Delighted with yesterday. Let's continue this next week vs fulham and then we can go to OT with a bit of confidence . The spirit in the camp is as good as its been in years and for that Lambert has to be given credit.

Won more games already than last season, just two goals away from the season total last year. Lets focus on the positives rather than drag ourselves down into looking for and at negatives.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1