Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I rate Norwich more talented going forward, more likely to score the goals to keep them up.

Amazing considering Norwich are the second lowest scorers in the division!

Don't want to start an argument... 

Norwich 28 goals

Stoke 27 goals

Stoke's worse form is away. They've won just once and scored only 9 away from home.

At home they've lost just twice.

With our record at set pieces (conceding them, if not conceding from them), it's going to be a very long game.

Edited by Con

I rate Norwich more talented going forward, more likely to score the goals to keep them up.

Amazing considering Norwich are the second lowest scorers in the division!

ockquote>

Don't want to start an argument...

Norwich 28 goals

Stoke 27 goals

Stoke's worse form is away. They've won just once and scored only 9 away from home.

At home they've lost just twice.

With our record at set pieces (conceding them, if not conceding from them), it's going to be a very long game.

Both of those teams, although currently sitting higher up the table than us, are awful. I expect points from these games. They are about as exciting as watching Bradford in a cup final.

Both teams have indeed scored less than us, however they haven't conceded that many so they will be tough to break down. We know that. But still, points are expected!!

for all it's worth, if qpr were to beat wigan at the weekend, we were to win, and a couple of other results went favourably for us, we could find ourselves level on points with newcastle and with 2 teams between us and the drop zone. there's a long way to go yet, but i don't understand why people think these other teams will pick up all these points, but we won't, when for the most part we've been matching the teams from 11-17th quite evenly all season. why will loads of them suddenly turn it around, yet we won't?

stoke have us and united in the same time frame we've got them and fulham. we could go ahead of them in little over a week, or they could be out of sight of us. it's the same for everyone down there, but for some reason people around here seem to think everyone else will pick up loads of points, and we'll get none

• Like 1

Losing quite tamely to what is lets face it, a mediocre Liverpool side has dampened my optimism. What with that and Wigan & Southampton finding form I'm still 50/50 on whether we can do this . I honestly thought the back to back wins would have pushed us out of the zone but clearly it's going to be hard to pull away properly.

We simply need to keep hold of Lambert if we are relegated. The man will come good for sure. Hopefully he can strengthen us this summer in the premier league.

Based on what?
A number of reasons for me Big John 10.

Mostly down to the fact that change seems to be getting us no where at all. What's wrong with seeing how keeping a manager for more than one season goes? If we go down, I will personally blame the players and the owners/PF. I won't be blaming Mr Lambert. Don't get me wrong there have been a couple of things that he has done wrong, mainly substitutions and when best use them but he has tried to build something here which means we can continue to build for the future. Randy has clearly said he no longer wants older overrated players just collecting wages and so we must try to get rid and buy young, raw talent. I personally quite like this approach.

Lambert needs to stay. He is building and should be allowed to continue to build to get us where we belong. Whether that means a season outside of the top flight then so be it. I have come to accept it anyway after the past 3 years.

Edited by Tayls

We simply need to keep hold of Lambert if we are relegated. The man will come good for sure. Hopefully he can strengthen us this summer in the premier league.

Based on what?

Mostly down to the fact that change seems to be getting us no where at all. What's wrong with seeing how keeping a manager for more than one season? If we go down, I will personally blame the players and the owners/PF. I won't be blaming Mr Lambert. Don't get me wrong there have been a couple of things that he has done wrong, mainly substitutions and when best use them but he has tried to build something here which means we can continue to build for the future. Randy has clearly said he no longer wants older overrated players just collecting wages and so we must try to get rid and buy young, raw talent. I personally quite like this approach.

Lambert needs to stay. He is building and should be allowed to continue to build to get us where we belong. Whether that means a season outside of the top flight then so be it. I have come to accept it anyway after the past 3 years.

DON'T FEED THE SAD TROLL BIG JOHN 10 MAN!!! Definitely don't use logic with him. He spends days on this site saying the same thing, waiting for someone to say something positive about Lambert to say 'Based on what?' And whatever you say he'll say the same stuff back he's done already. Why he doesn't just go to bed and realise there is no point repeating himself over and over, I will never know. 

• Like 1

I really want Lambert to succeed - I think he could be great for us. The big worry is can he organise a defence ? gotta say i am not convinced he can. I feel the defensive frailties, will follow him wherever he goes.

I shudder to think who Faulkner\Lerner would come up as a relegated club - if he we relegated he has to walk IMO

Based on what?

Mostly down to the fact that change seems to be getting us no where at all. What's wrong with seeing how keeping a manager for more than one season? If we go down, I will personally blame the players and the owners/PF. I won't be blaming Mr Lambert. Don't get me wrong there have been a couple of things that he has done wrong, mainly substitutions and when best use them but he has tried to build something here which means we can continue to build for the future. Randy has clearly said he no longer wants older overrated players just collecting wages and so we must try to get rid and buy young, raw talent. I personally quite like this approach.

DON'T FEED THE SAD TROLL BIG JOHN 10 MAN!!! Definitely don't use logic with him. He spends days on this site saying the same thing, waiting for someone to say something positive about Lambert to say 'Based on what?' And whatever you say he'll say the same stuff back he's done already. Why he doesn't just go to bed and realise there is no point repeating himself over and over, I will never know. 

Haha

You mean you don't like actual evidence used against your opinion.

For example you said this

It's quite often managers make changes mid game, thankfully we seem to have one who makes decisions that make us more effective

When in reality the fact is

Points dropped from winning positions 18th

You call me a troll because you seem unable to use any evidence to support your opinion. In fact the evidence tends to prove you wrong.

Yet I'm the one who can't use logic? Haha good one. Look at what you said. Back that up.

I'll always try to present my opinion backed up with actual evidence. Something you quite clearly struggle with.

Keep going though. Your posts often entertain me.

• Like 1

If he can't keep us up what makes you think he'll build a team that will get us back to where we belong?

I think he was highlighting how tediously repetetive you can be Bj10. Same shit every single day from dusk til dawn . Everyone on this site is aware of how you feel about most subjects . All they are saying is mix it up a bit , for your own sanity as well as everybody elses.

I think he was highlighting how tediously repetetive you can be Bj10. Same shit every single day from dusk til dawn . Everyone on this site is aware of how you feel about most subjects . All they are saying is mix it up a bit , for your own sanity as well as everybody elses.

If he doesn't want to respond to me then he shouldn't respond. It's pretty simple.

I'll debate with people who want to. If he's bored of reading my posts then he doesn't have to.

I think it's a bit rich to tell people not to use logic with me when I've clearly shown how foolish his posts can be.

If he could actually come up with a decent argument and back it up maybe he wouldn't have to resort to calling me a troll. Pity he can't but like I said its entertaining.

Based on what?

Again, I think this is a tad unfair on Big John. He has a point. I dont want Lambert to go should we be relegated. I think he will come good. But other than I dont really see a better alternative and his previous posts (Norwich etc), I dont really have a lot to support my opinion in terms of Lamberts performance. So, certainly in this instance where I happen to agree with the original point - I think 'Based on what'? is an extremely fair question.

Edited by Woodytom

Well, I live and work in Sunderland, most of my colleagues are sunderland fans and all the ones I've spoken to today think they are going down, most are glad mon is gone as they have been poor for some time now, they say. Not one is convinced by the appointment of PDC and think the writing had been on the wall for a while. We did agree on one thing - that it is probably between us and them for that last spot. One way or another I'm in for an interesting summer! Fwiw I have a feeling we are going to stay up , don't ask me how I just feel it

Based on what?

To be honest who else would we get?

I genuinely dont know who would come into a Championship Villa side that would be interesting at all. The usual faces scare the crap out of me.

Serious question, who would you sooner we got if we got relegated? The only exciting candidate I can think of is Gary McAllister, who was a dour bastard but was a brief but pleasant reign of competency around here.

• Like 1

If he can't keep us up what makes you think he'll build a team that will get us back to where we belong?

Where do we belong exactly? Who would you bring in to replace him if we went down? What exactly is your problem with him?

he can only strengthen us in the summer if he gets some money to spend.

Do you really think he will?