Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Why couldn't Lambert bring in someone like Tony Adams as defensive coach when it became obvious to a blind man we couldn't defend effectively.

Ok granted Adams tried management and it didn't work ,but I'm sure if concentrating on our woeful defence he could've only had positive results

If we are relegated I think we should keep hold of Lambert. I like the guy.

He's trying, he loves being in charge of a team like Aston Villa. I think he has a plan for us to help in the long term. With the players we have, once they have this season and next (wherever next season may be) they are going to be more experienced and in-tune with how each other operates.

If we stay up we will add 1 or 2 more players, hopefully experienced ones, somebody with a bit of flair to go in the middle. A Cabaye type player would do! We have sold Makoun now so hopefully we have that money available immediately. Must be about 2mill there? We will also shift a couple as well I would imagine.

If we go down, well... We keep what we have, with the loss of maybe one or two :( (you know who)... But I think we will have enough to fight our way through that particular league and get back to where we belong.

It will be upsetting for sure, but after the past two seasons, and this one, I have come to accept that actually, this is more likely going to happen than not. Hopefully I'm wrong of course!

Keep Lambert though. Enough **** about with Managers.

IF we go down then Lambert's job is pretty much on the line, because no matter how you think about it, he hasn't done a very good job at AVFC thus far. Hope I can say the opposite in five years, but if a manager takes down a historic team like Villa then his job is on the line. Sure our team on paper was not amongst the top 10, but he had a transfer window and some cash other managers could dream about, and we are still under the relegation line.

Would I want to sack him if we go down? I should speak now and not say anything if we go down, but I am pretty much 50/50. I like the guy, like his ideas and beliefs, but I hate our results. Shipping in goals at the back, scoring few, a large dose of naivity etc. If you talk with words, you have to deliver it where it matters. A good/great manager manages to get great football out of average players, Paul Lambert has not done that at Villa. So I would understand if Lerner sacked him, naturally. However, I would never sack a guy if I can only bring in someone just slightly better or the same. If we stay up he will stay I believe, but if Lerner sees the same old problems for another 6 months he is gone by Christmas and he will be forgotten about pretty quickly too.

A relegated manager should never keep his job. Let alone one who could take down a team who hasnt been relegated in nearly 30 years. Especially when we havent had a crisis like Leeds or Portsmouth.

A relegated manager should never keep his job. Let alone one who could take down a team who hasnt been relegated in nearly 30 years. Especially when we havent had a crisis like Leeds or Portsmouth.

Thank god there's other sane people out there.

If relegated he should be sacked instantly.

If we stay up then he should stay on, but there has to be improvement. If we go down though he doesn't really deserve to keep his job. I just dread to think who the board will appoint after him.