Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Today was disappointing, but not unexpected. Liverpool are aiming for Europe.

We have four huge games, as others have said- Stoke, which will be tough but we really need to win given our current situation. Then two wins and a draw from Fulham, Norwich, and Sunderland, with the latter one being the win preferably. We shouldn't rely on getting any points from Man Utd and Chelsea, but at the same time it's not completely unrealistic that we sneak something from one of them. I hate the thought of playing Wigan for survival, so I desperately hope we're safe by then.

This weekend hasn't really gone our way, but it's silly to say that we're down at this stage.

Wigan will be safe  by the final day

I predict we will need a draw from the game to guarantee safety

this season is like one never ending nightmare

This last 3 seasons have been like a recurring nightmare. Oh for the days you could enjoy going to VP.

We can't afford many more slip ups now. Forget Utd game, just keep the score down in that one. Chelsea at home we need to hope they're on the beach but Chelsea have been our nemesis this year so no doubt they'll be out to finish us off.

So that leaves

Stoke a - physical battle , take a point ? 1

Fulham h - literally a must win 3

Sunderland h again a must win 3

Norwich a I think we need a win here 3

Wigan a hopefully we'll be safe before this game, draw 1

So I reckon 11 more points if we don't slip up anywhere so 41 which should be ok

So we increase our points to games ratio to over 1.5 during the next 7 games following a ratio of just over 0.96 in the previous 31 games.

Amazing transformation!

The Sunderland game is the most important one this millennium for the club. It will determine whether we go or stay.

Agree, but I think the Wigan game will end up being the biggest game ever for the club. Everything is just pointing to that last day winner takes all epic. The sky execs must be loving this .

Y'all must be trippin. I think we'll win at Wigan.

Unless we're safe or virtually safe (e.g. we need just a point and for Sunderland to not win at Spurs) then yeah maybe, but if we go into the last day with it still in the balance then I just can't say it. Wigan have experience with this, our team don't.

We can't afford many more slip ups now. Forget Utd game, just keep the score down in that one. Chelsea at home we need to hope they're on the beach but Chelsea have been our nemesis this year so no doubt they'll be out to finish us off.

So that leaves

So I reckon 11 more points if we don't slip up anywhere so 41 which should be ok

So we increase our points to games ratio to over 1.5 during the next 7 games following a ratio of just over 0.96 in the previous 31 games.

Amazing transformation!

In our last seven games our ratio is 1.43 points per game. Not such an amazing transformation at all.

• Like 1

Y'all must be trippin. I think we'll win at Wigan.

Unless we're safe or virtually safe (e.g. we need just a point and for Sunderland to not win at Spurs) then yeah maybe, but if we go into the last day with it still in the balance then I just can't say it. Wigan have experience with this, our team don't.

Wigan also have an awful record at home against us. Their win at the DW in their first season in the Prem is the only time they've beaten us there in seven seasons.

So that leaves

Amazing transformation!

In our last seven games our ratio is 1.43 points per game. Not such an amazing transformation at all.

We'll just forget the fact that 6 of those points were against Reading and QPR shall we.

per the bookies tonight

reading

qpr

villa

The only times i can remember us "holding"  a lead for a reasonable period in game are

Swansea

Sunderland

Reading

It seems that whenever we edge ahead - the other team push on, knowing they need a goal - and we just can't cope. Forget the points calculations, if we can't hold a lead for longer than 10-15 minutes, thats really gunna hamper us in the pressure cooker games coming up....................although by the law of averages we must keep a clean sheet before the season ends

And all three of the losses were against City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

In the past 7 games we've played four of the top 7 and both of the bottom 2. That's why it'll be hard to predict the results against the likes of Stoke and Fulham.

I really do fear us having to get some sort of result at Wigan on the last day. I can just imagine that smug old git Whelan going on about "that's why Roberto was right to stay with us instead of joining Villa, when they wanted him" if we go down at their place.

We simply have to get at least 8 points from the next 18. We should be capable of beating Sunderland and Fulham at home as well as gaining draws away at Norwich and Stoke. If we don't get those results perhaps we don't deserve our place in the top flight.

So that leaves

Amazing transformation!

We'll just forget the fact that 6 of those points were against Reading and QPR shall we.

Why should we forget that ?

We beat two teams that are in the relegation scrap with us and two of the games we've got left are against Sunderland and Wigan, who are also in the same situation as us. Stoke and Norwich aren't exactly sitting pretty either.

It makes more sense to compare our last seven games, our current form, with our remaining games than comparing seven games with our last 31 games.

I'm happy with the Di Canio appointment. Would have preferred Mark Hughes but Di Canio has little relevant experience and inherits some seriously dicey stock. Could end up being a decent weekend for us after all.