Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Next weekend not playing until MNF don't do us many favours. Luckily the fixtures look tough for Wigan (Liverpool) and reading (everton).

Southampton play QPR , we may prefer a QPR result there ?

What we don't need is gaps opening further before we kick a ball in MNF

I am fearing a dogfight between us and the perennial survivalists Wigan. I saw Roberto Martinez give an interview the other day where he said that their season starts now and that his players knew what was needed from them. It's like the last third of a season is one great big cup final for them, that they keep winning. It was only around 18 months ago that he turned us down to stay at Wigan and everyone accused him of lacking ambition. If he sends us down on the last day of the season, he can say that he was right!

Like others have stated. We have to beat Reading and QPR. If we don't I cannot see us getting out of this mess.

If he put on Sylla , it would've been "he just wanted to sit back. That never works as we conceded again. He should've went for it instead.". Zog just wasn't playing well and messing up most of our couterattacks. He tried to nick it, and it backfired. I guesd it shows how desperate he was for 3 points. Last year, we would have sat back after we went 1-0 down.

Naive to chase a game at the emirates with 5 mins to go when you are relegation fodder. We should be closing a game off and taking a point FFS .

Why take Westwood off ?? Madness

probably a gamble worth taking to be honest. After they scored we seemed the better team, we had equalised and you could say the momentum was with us. Many have said it wasn't the best arsenal team and probably the right time to be playing them. Many of our own fans said they were there for the taking. Imagine the boost to everyone today if we had got a win and all in all we lost a point

we can afford to get 4 points from qpr and reading if we can get 6 from fulham and sunderland. those points alone would likely be just about enough to keep us up

But how likely is it that we can get those points? We are atrocious at home. Fulham and Sunderland will be very tough and despite QPR being rock bottom they will come to VP knowing how nervous we are. If we can win at Reading then hopefully that can inspire us...but that's a big "if".

I'm not liking that fact that it could be a direct face off with Wigan for survival..and that sentence is depressing enough and a sign of the times for our football club.

Those saying we were 'chasing' the game at the Emirates with 5 minutes to go clearly didn't see the game.  Arsenal were on the front foot getting corner after corner.  We just had no one to hold onto the ball.

Delph was guilty of just pumping it forward to no one (even though I thought he had another good game).  Gabby was working hard but Benteke just didn't turn up and should have been subbed.

I was also bemused at the Westwood sub, he keeps us the ball.  We should have bought KEA on for Benteke to see the game out, put gabby up top for counter attacks and to work the channels,  I remember the days when Young and Carew could kill the last 5 minutes of games by taking the ball into the corners.  We just dont have that anymore.  From 80 mins onwards we just hoofed the ball back to Arsenal and waited for the next onslaught.  

Its the same old story, inexperienced players shitting themselves towards the end of games.  An experienced striker or mdfielder would have won us to free kicks and helped kill the game/time.

We have more quality than Wigan on paper (just about) but they're far better mentally and they've also got a much better manager.

A much better manager eh?

Incidently he was my first choice in the Mcleish summer. My dad absolutely raves about him. And for the last 6 months I have wondered why?

Wigan have shown no improvement since he has been there.

Martinez was also my first choice in the summer. He may not have pushed Wigan on but I would say he had done a tremendous job just keeping them in this league season after season whilst turning a transfer profit and playing attractive football.

The season is set up for us to concede an 80 something min goal at Wigan on the last day and that will R us.

Probably from a corner needlessly conceded by Joe Bennett and then "concrete Ron" losing his man from the resultant corner.