Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Norwich have struggled with Bassong injured also lack of goals.Them staying up will hing on them buying a striker.

Wigan after few players and able to string some results together 

Fulham very hit and miss especially away from home.

QPR looked solid but Nelson has been very good for them and he leaves ,if can get good CB could make it out.

Newcastle all hinges on new signings being good ,missing Ba's goals and have been dodgy in defence.

Reading on paper look weakest but have been in very good form lately.

Sunderland ,look safe 

Soton ..hard to say depends if new boss keeps momentum going and if they sign players

Us ..well we all know the story here 

We will be relegated if we keep on conceding goals from corners.  Will we stop doing this?  Does a bear shit in the woods?

Further we need to beef up our midfield.  Ireland/KEA/Holman/Delph/Bannan are simply not good enough to keep us up.

We will be relegated if we keep on conceding goals from corners....

Further we need to beef up our midfield.  Ireland/KEA/Holman/Delph/Bannan are simply not good enough to keep us up.

This completely. And it's individual players making glaring errors. People not doing the things they should. It's not the system, it's the players and manager. It can/could turn, and there's plenty of others struggling desperately, too, but personally I don't see it changing at Villa. It seems unlikely that they will stop making the basic errors that they've been making all season.

Having Guzan in goal should help a little. These stats are probably a bit off but from the top of my head so far in this calendar year Given's conceded 5 goals from set-pieces (both directly and indirectly) in 3 games whereas as Guzan has only conceded 2 in the same number of games.

We look much better defending set-pieces with Guzan between the sticks. Defenders will need to sort it out though if we are to have a chance of staying up.

I take your point Mantis; but goalkeeping isn't the problem.

This is the time when we could do with grinding out a few 1-0 wins to just steady the ship. But this is unlikely as we do not seem to be able to stop conceding goals.

I just cannot see us getting enough points over the next 15 games to ensure our Premiership status. It is just not going to happen unless, like last season; the teams below us are worse than we are.

I don't think we will get relegated because

a) Lerner would have no choice but to pump money in at January regardless if we were in with a chance of relegation. He's not stupid, relegation would not be in his plan, whatever it is.

B) Lamberts too good

c) Wehave Given, Vlaar and Bent, none of the teams in the relegation battle have anywhere near this quality in any of their individuals

There was a time I would of believed this..