Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

My Leeds supporting mate said we remind him of them the year they went down. Once they started getting smashed week in week out it continued this way.

The Chelsea game seems to have been the catalyst for all this. You wonder what might have happened had Torres not pinched that early header?

We have to have faith! We have to believe.

It matters this season more than ever to just scream and shout and get behind them. Because thats all we can do.

We the fans have been brilliant all season so far. Yes Ireland was booed off yesterday and rightly so and I believe there was loud boos on the final whistle (I left on 85 so can't verify) . I heard a loud cheer walking away thought we'd pulled one back? Any idea what that cheer was for ?

We the fans have been brilliant all season so far. Yes Ireland was booed off yesterday and rightly so and I believe there was loud boos on the final whistle (I left on 85 so can't verify) . I heard a loud cheer walking away thought we'd pulled one back? Any idea what that cheer was for ?

I think we had an attempt on goal!

We have to have faith! We have to believe.

It matters this season more than ever to just scream and shout and get behind them. Because thats all we can do.

If the fans have nothing to cheer about (as is the case at the moment), what do we do then?

We are basically supporting a reserve team at the moment, managed by a poor relation of MON, someone who is quite happy to continue to persevere with bad tactics at will. Why should he care after all, managers get rewarded hansomely for failure and then pop up somewhere else to ruin that team too. Look at McLeish for example.

If anything, I think the disastrous Xmas results will have a more definitive effect on who we might sign in the January window........or rather what type of player we NEED to be looking at. Some experience is essential, because although some of these boys have a bright future, at present they're getting mauled to pieces.

Relegation? Possibly, but more likely we'll just scrape through again and then its back to square one with a bigger hill to climb next season.

Sure i heard the Everton fans singing "bad as Aston Villa... Your just as bad as Aston Villa" when 1-0 up against Chelsea today... We really are the laughing stock now.... Sad days.

As for the injuries we seem to have been in this boat for 3 years now.. Same under Houllier same under McCleish too... very odd.

I work in a very sales driven environment, over the years you have very bad weeks/months, one thing you have to do is not panic. 1 week ago today (i.e before the Chelsea game) we were not looking too bad, 1 week later and were rubbish.

Now we have to hold the belief that in 1 week, 1 month we will be in a better position - perhaps wembley?, perhaps 5/6/7 points clear of relegation, perhaps a few decent signings. We have to believe, otherwise (as in my business) we give up.

I understand where you are coming from however your talking business my friend. You could be as positive as you like as a business man but if your product is shit it doesn't matter, I as a consumer wont buy and not be affected from an emotional perspective,habitual or financial- unless you sold crack and I was an addict with nowhere else to go. And honestly if you were my manager producing results the way Lambert has I would sack you for not buying and selling my product well enough. That's business, all about results!

The excuse of injuries is just that, an excuse and a lame one at that - excuse the pun.

In addition, some players probably take the piss and extend their time out injured because they know that they are going to earn a fortune for lounging around doing **** all so why rush back if the manager and club doesn't want you there anyway.

The fact is our squad is weak on quantity of quality and has been for a long time.

Injuries are another way of saying " Me and the player had a row and I don't want him in the team but I want to portray everything as being harmonious and that we all love each other because if I tell you the truth you may think I'm a clearing in the woods".

Sure i heard the Everton fans singing "bad as Aston Villa... Your just as bad as Aston Villa" when 1-0 up against Chelsea today... We really are the laughing stock now.... Sad days.

Yes, we are a laughing stock underpinned by having Wigan fans a few yards away singing chants of 'getting sacked in the morning' and 'you're going down'. How embarrassing to have to listen to that from fans of the smallest club in the PL.

How low we have sunk.

As for the injuries we seem to have been in this boat for 3 years now.. Same under Houllier same under McCleish too... very odd.

Bet the scouse words removed aren't laughing anymore. Chelsea 2-1 up. Edited by Mantis

We have a current squad good enough to survive

Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar-Dunne-Warnock

Albrighton-Clark-Westwood-Zog

Bent-Benteke

This team would have hammered Wigan

we even hade a couple decent subs

Gabby

ireland

bannan

weimann

PL need to set his pride aside, and use these players when they get back from injuries! then we will be fine

(and most importantly, not use Herd as a defender anymore, he is suicide)

Edited by norwegianvillain

If the fans have nothing to cheer about (as is the case at the moment), what do we do then?

We are basically supporting a reserve team at the moment, managed by a poor relation of MON, someone who is quite happy to continue to persevere with bad tactics at will. Why should he care after all, managers get rewarded hansomely for failure and then pop up somewhere else to ruin that team too. Look at McLeish for example.

If we have nothing to cheer about we keep on cheering, shouting and screaming.

If not, then we can do nothing else. All you can do is sit back and let it happen.

We might as well have a bit of fun and support the team along the way?