Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Mantis after your ridiculous claim about same chance of finishing 6th as going down I'm surprised you have the nerve to criticise people for overreacting.

We're in a relegation battle again. Many saw this as inevitable during the summer but they were mocked and laughed at. Now those people try to act like they knew we'd be this bad all along.

It's been a **** awful 2 and a half years at this club.

Edited by Big_John_10

Soooooo, guys, how are we this evening?

Man U, Man City, Arsenal on the bounce I expected 0 points. We got 1.

Liverpool, Chelsea,Tottenham on the bounce (and within just a few days of each other) I expected 1 point. We got 3.

The two defeats from this recent set of three games have been pretty heavy. Ok. That's not good but what are we going to do about it on here? Nothing. We have some very winnable games coming up and some chances to grab some more points before then hopefully signing 1 or 2 players to give us a boost. To help freshen things up a little bit.

We are going to be fine. It was never going to be an easy season for us as again we are in a season of transition. We will win atleast 3/4 more games this year and pick up some draws which will see us remain in this league. I know there is still the possibilIty that we can go down... And it will be close... But, ultimately, we can look forward to playing these teams next year, with some new players and more experienced players who would have benefited from this current season.

I'm still hopeful/confident/positive/excited and most important of all, happy.

• Like 1

Mantis after your ridiculous claim about same chance of finishing 6th as going down I'm surprised you have the nerve to criticise people for overreacting.

Give it a **** rest will ya?

It's pretty pathetic that people are gloating and pestering me about a positive prediction that doesn't look like it will come true.

The result, not about our position atm, I just thought 8-0 was a freak result. as i said, I'm more angry about today than against chelsea

I still think they're anomalies. I guess we'll have to wait and see until the Wigan game. They're on an even worse run of form (results wise) than ourselves.

Soooooo, guys, how are we this evening?

Man U, Man City, Arsenal on the bounce I expected 0 points. We got 1.

Liverpool, Chelsea,Tottenham on the bounce (and within just a few days of each other) I expected 1 point. We got 3.

The two defeats from this recent set of three games have been pretty heavy. Ok. That's not good but what are we going to do about it on here? Nothing. We have some very winnable games coming up and some chances to grab some more points before then hopefully signing 1 or 2 players to give us a boost. To help freshen things up a little bit.

We are going to be fine. It was never going to be an easy season for us as again we are in a season of transition. We will win atleast 3/4 more games this year and pick up some draws which will see us remain in this league. I know there is still the possibilIty that we can go down... And it will be close... But, ultimately, we can look forward to playing these teams next year, with some new players and more experienced players who would have benefited from this current season.

I'm still hopeful/confident/positive/excited and most important of all, happy.

Just because you have such low expectations and they were slightly exceeded is not really something to get too excited about!

It's pretty pathetic that people are gloating and pestering me about a positive prediction that doesn't look like it will come true.

Maybe it's the way you mocked or referred to people as doom mongers when they could see reality.

Maybe it's because you're still having a pop at people for overreacting when your prediction was a massive overreaction.

And it's not really gloating. Just pointing it out while you continue to moan at certain posters who have at least been consistent in their views.

Maybe it's the way you mocked or referred to people as doom mongers when they could see reality.

Maybe it's because you're still having a pop at people for overreacting when your prediction was a massive overreaction.

And it's not really gloating. Just pointing it out while you continue to moan at certain posters who have at least been consistent in their views.

Consistently incorrect views should not be praised for simply being consistent.

I've not mocked people when they could "see reality". Fact is being overly negative and looking at things in an extremely pessimistic manner is not being realistic.

My prediction could yet come true.

So what if some people have been consistently negative?

Incorrect views like thinking we'd be in a relegation battle?

The only consistently incorrect views seem to keep coming from the people who tell us how things will work out fine.

Well, in both of the last 2 seasons certain people have been consistent in saying that we were doomed and yet in both seasons we stayed up, quite comfortably in the end 2 seasons ago.

Not going to worry until we start losing to teams we should be beating like Wigan for instance. I know it's hard to take but Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs etc should be beating us, perhaps not to the degree Chelsea did but they should be beating us. We took a scalp beating Liverpool and that's a fact, though what we need to look forward to and what will decide our league position is lower level matches. We have Wigan, Swansea, Southampton and Newcastle coming up and they are winnable games, they are in our league currently.

I accept that things went wrong, went very wrong on Sunday and again yesterday but in the grand scheme of things they weren't winnable games in our current state, at least not when those teams are playing well. Overall I don't think we will get relegated as there are plenty of winnable games and plenty of possible wins remaining. Yes there are still also a lot of almost certain losses to come as well, but provided we win the games we are capable of winning then we stay up. Start worrying if we lose to Wigan and Swansea then we might be a bit screwed.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

Of course there are. For example our win percentage in the league is twice as high in the second half of 2012 under Lambert than it was in the first half of the year under McLeish. That's just one example. As I said, I admit there are more negative ones at the moment.

That's like saying we were twice as good as against Chelsea because we only lost 4:0.

What are you talking about? It was a one-sided game. Spurs were completely dominant and we were very fortunate to take the lead from a lucky deflection. The only real difference between then and today is that Spurs were more prolific today.

Stats from last season's game :

Possession : Villa 54%, Tottenham 46%

Shots : Villa 12, Tottenham 23

Corners : Villa 7, Tottenham 9

Compared to last night's :

Possession : Villa 39%, Tottenham 61%

Shots : Villa 4, Tottenham 20

Corners : Villa 2, Tottenham 16

Stats taken from BBC.

How some people have the audacity to accuse others of being biased, I will never know...

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

Of course we are in a relegation fight this season, not sure there are many people who didn't recognise that from the start. I actually said n my opinion the first half of the season wold be not s good and we will be n danger of being relegated right through to February March but that in the second half of the season we would improve and have enough about us then to survive , I still believe that. The progress in the cup is a distraction, I nice bonus and if we win it the first thing we have won of any note in a good few years , but a distraction neverthelesss.

The thing that surprises me is this, a lot of people wo have been saying we are in a relegation fight and will struggle to survive are now getting really angry when we lose to Chelsea fans spurs. Thing is when you are a team in a relegation fight then these are the results ou get, losses to those clubs. If you think we should be winning against tose clubs then you don't think we are in a relegation fight

To end, I sill tik lambert is he ,an for us, I still think there are only about three or four managers in this league I would rather have at the club. He has the right ideas nd he has the charisma. There is something about him.

We have had an awful two and a half years at this club that have led us to this point, not the last six months. Lambert is trying to rectify our issues for long term success, not short term ism. This club has had enough of that in the last two and a half years. There is only one man to blame for that and it ain't lambert.

The progress in the cup is a distraction

If it means staying in the league I'd rather we didn't progress in the cup.. i fear if we do progress and get Chelsea in the final we would be a laughing stock yet again as it will be on TV too.

So it's probably for the best if we don't progress as stupid as that sounds.

Can accept defeat against the European Champions and a very good spurs side. What I can't accept is players giving up the ghost and a manager who refuses to or doesn't know how to change tactics to avoid embarrassment. We are going backwards at a rate of knots, we have a dreadful squad (not all Lamberts fault), but this policy of buying untried / tested players needed a bit more thought / balance. Ultimately, Randy Lerner is doing a fine Job of killing this club off. Does he even care anymore? I genuinely don't know the answer to that.

Regarding the cup - I'm hoping that we go out to Bradford - because it'll be more embarrassing seeing the children in the team lose their bottle again in the final and get completely thrashed again.

That seems to be villa these days. Just hoping for the least embarrassment.