Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lambert needs a win tomorrow, anything but and I think he could be a dead man walking

yep - weve lost to southampton, and couldn't beat Norwich. He will get plenty of time even if we loose tommorow - but loosing to all the strugglers wouldn't bode well. I think it will be 1-1

Are you one of the Lambert out people as well Keefa3011?

Still want to hear from Morpheus on what he thinks Lambert does do in his role...

No, I absolutely am not, I think he is the man for the job and will back him all the way. It was just having read a lot of Morpheus' posts on the subject, I thought I could answer that one for him.

What hypocrisy? The two clubs are in completely different situations and they've been in their respective jobs for different periods of time. Further more I never said Lambert was doing a good job results wise. He clearly isn't.

Ah yes that's right, I forgot it was hypocritical to judge managers on a case by case basis.

Sunderland were in an awful position before MON took over - 18th I believe - and he really has had only one transfer window to right the ship. Not much different to me,.

The comparison that could be made is in transfer strategy. Sunderland and Villa spent about the same amount of money, but Sunderland bought all "proven" premier league talent - Johnson, Saha, Fletcher - while we purchased young. We are in about the same position, but I feel our team is improving while theirs is stagnate at best.

Interested what you think of that Morpheus.

Thought this tidbit from an outsider was interesting:

Villa's turning point?

Don't write off Villa just yet. The Villans played their hearts out for a point at home to Arsenal, albeit against a somewhat second-string Gunners side. The Brummies have had a tough draw of late with a gutsy 3-2 loss to Manchester United and a supposedly unlucky 5-0 thumping at Manchester City before hosting Arsenal. It ended goalless but Villa pressed high and chased down every ball until the final whistle, and some of their one-touch passing was sublime to watch. And they could have won it had not Andreas Weimann been criminally offside at a rehearsed set-piece. Then sub Brett Holman almost marked his Australian player-of-the-year gong with a thunderbolt goal worthy of winning any match, but for an equally stunning save by Wojciech Szczesny. Paul Lambert is trying to build something at Villa, and more importantly is being given the time to do it, unlike some other clubs. Professor Puffy, Arsene Wenger, possibly paid Villa too little respect in resting players, but could be forgiven for rotating after a midweek Champions League game and a tricky trip to Everton to come on Wednesday. But not by the travelling Gunners fans, who vented their displeasure. It was one of three goalless draws at the weekend, an unwelcome throwback to the '80s, after Liverpool extended their unbeaten run to eight at Swansea.

No single team in the world would take Holman over Berbatov, I mean, if they really wanted to win games that is. Berbatov might look a bit bored at times but his touch and vision is world-class, and I guess the Fulham-fans are pretty happy with the 5 goals and 3 assists in his exact 8,5 league games for the club compared to our total of 10 goals. The thing is though, Berbatov would never come here in a million years. It's not about the wages at Fulham, we could have paid him the same amount as we have lower wages now and there would always be room for a star who would sell kits in the club shop, it's about London. He lived in Manchester because that is where the biggest club in the world dominate, but he goes to Fulham for London, easy as that. I have been to Birmingham several times, and I lived one year in London, I know where I would live if I had millions and still managed to play Premier League footy B)

The reason they are all player and no team is down to buying 'names' and not a team. They have also bought alot of cast offs, trouble makers and people there just for the money who quite clearly dont give s flying &*^%.

As for Harry, he has a mixed record in this part of the league. If QPR do go down, it wouldnt be his first relegation. When he took over spurs it was much earlier in the season and they were quite a bit higher in relative terms and had a better group of players. All he needed to do was lift spirits initially. The job at QPR is much, much harder than that.

As for two wins behind us, thats a massive gap at this end of the table. They need to get at least seven points more than everyone else down there over 25 games. I just cant see it.

Debates about Lambert aside, and while none of us are happy that we are at the wrong end of the table, I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about a game - I've thought of nothing else since Saturday.

I absolutely don't want us to be in a relegation dogfight but it certainly focuses the mind

Come on Villa - I really fancy us to smash Reading tonight (although I'll settle for a deflected shot and a 1-0 win)

Let's really get behind PL and the boys tonight!!!

• Like 1

I really think Villa will smash somebody soon - however... (No Richard Keys... not that kind of smash...)

As the match draws closer and my nerves start jangling, my sore head is telling me that we will start like a house on fire, peppering their goal with chances... We will nick a goal around the 25 minute mark and half time appears. I then have a hunch we will start to tire and fade in the second half, leaving us with our almost trademark late goal concession to finish 1-1. Hope I am wrong.

Benteke (if selected) will win everything in the air - but will we be able to capitalise?

Praying for a bit of consistancy tonight

None of our previous matches matter we need to play well tonight

Its all well and good saying we have played well but we need to take that form into tonights game

Anything less than 3 points would be a disaster tbh we need to win our home games especially against these clubs in the relegation mini league at the foot of the table

We have some horrible fixtures coming up as well..

To be fair to CI if houllier or Mcleish were currently in charge I think a lot more fans would agree with what he said there.

Spot on BJ10. If we don't win it would be 1 win in 10 for Lambert.