Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Yep, I think (i) we have been improving (ii) the last 3 games have gone pretty much as expected and (iii) our position after the next 3 will give us either cause for real concern or cautious optimism. Sit back and enjoy the ride for the next couple of weeks. (ok maybe enjoy's a bit strong)

If Redknap revives QPR ......Then we would be pretty close to being the poorest team in the division IMO. Although we have improved our play over last season - the division IMO is a lot stronger. I can't think of one game which is a 'given' for us. Wigan and Norwich seem stronger than last season - Newcastle are dropping like a stone - but I do feel they will win enough home games to be ok. I had hoped Swansea and WBA would falter after bright starts - but WBA are flying, and swansea win often enough to be ok. Sunderland look ropey at the moment - but thats about it.

this is going to be a season IMO when 'quite a good' team (relatively speaking) goes down - there are no whipping boys this year. We need to improve massively IMO - and TBH i just don't see it at the moment - we seem to have to pull out all the stops, to draw at home

If Redknap revives QPR ......Then we would be pretty close to being the poorest team in the division IMO. Although we have improved our play over last season - the division IMO is a lot stronger. I can't think of one game which is a 'given' for us. Wigan and Norwich seem stronger than last season - Newcastle are dropping like a stone - but I do feel they will win enough home games to be ok. I had hoped Swansea and WBA would falter after bright starts - but WBA are flying, and swansea win often enough to be ok. Sunderland look ropey at the moment - but thats about it.

this is going to be a season IMO when 'quite a good' team (relatively speaking) goes down - there are no whipping boys this year. We need to improve massively IMO - and TBH i just don't see it at the moment - we seem to have to pull out all the stops, to draw at home

Completely agree with last paragraph the league is stronger this season.Need to put a run together to pull into mid table.

I would say for me Everton first half and the 2nd halfs at City and Soton are when we have been very bad.Rest of time we have been not too bad but conceded poor goals.That's what we need to work on and some better decision making in the final third.

Our home form has been ok so hopefully we can get wins against Reading and Stoke

Everton - very poor

Swansea - very good

West Brom - average, not bad though

Norwich - alright up until the sending off

Man United - brilliant on the whole

Arsenal - good

Some pretty tough teams in there.

We have had a reasonably easy start to this season and haven't picked up nearly enough points from those games. I just hope Lambert brings in the experienced quality we need in January because the teams around us are already sniffing our blood. Untried youngsters have no place in a relegation battle.

We have had a reasonably easy start to this season and haven't picked up nearly enough points from those games. I just hope Lambert brings in the experienced quality we need in January because the teams around us are already sniffing our blood. Untried youngsters have no place in a relegation battle.

Along the same lines as you won't win anything with kids I guess? Well this honest bunch of kids will win any relegation battle that may be in place and the team will finnish in a reasonable bottom half position.

This for me will have been a remarkable season for the team and PL.

I feel the anxiety and impatience is appearing again amongst a few on here, yes no doubt about it the reading game is like a cup final game and every fixture there after is a cup final until we find a bit of breathing space but a minimum of another 5 points from now till January we will be fine until the reinforcements arrive.

So far in Nov we have played 4 games W1 L2 D1. In them 4 games we have kept 2 clean sheets and played 3 of the top 4 teams! When we equal that out that is a point a game gained and to take a point from 3 of the top 4 teams in our current position is proof that we are making progress.

I guarantee that if someone told us at the start of Novemeber that we would get 4 points from our next 4 fixtures they would have been told to check themselves in to the nut house theres no denying it!

Am I the only one on the forum that can see beyond the scare of relegation and the excitement PL will bring to this club?. If this team is only the foundations of what is being built here then I can't wait till PL has built his entire team!

I really really really believe we will not go down. (This is not some bout of blind faith or having tinted glasses on etc.) I just think there are definately 4 teams in this league who are worse than us who we will finnish above come May!

I'm not so sure we have had an easy start to the season actually.

What with the constant hero worship of Redknapp - he's nothing special. We will smash QPR

Is anyone able to confirm the last time we actually beat a Harry Redknapp team? I certainly believe that MON was never able to... And Spuds have been a different league to us since 2010 for sure.

Yes i thought we got stuck in the no mans land of stick or twist when we went 2-0 up against Man U.. They got rather a lucky break to make it 2-1 with the free kick that wasn't leading up to the goal & indeed the slightly fortuitous way the ball ran to set up Hernandez... even the finish on another day would've hit an outstretched leg or something. But once that had contrived to go in it rattled our young side & the inexperience came to the fore... This appears to be happening on occasion with the same "rattled" thing happening at both Southampton & Man City too when we capitulated. It seems to be when they get a bad break in a game they can't handle it.... Definately a symptom of inexperience.

Lets keep this civil and on topic please folks, for the avoidance of doubt, the odious, saggy faced man with the richest dog in England has nothing to do with our club and hopefully never will do.

:hooray: