Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Genuine question when was the last time we gave anyone a walloping (league games only)

I guess the two 3-1 wins last season against Blackburn and Chelsea does not count.

Maybe the 3-0 win against West Ham right after MON walked? We played great and could have won 6-0.

Otherwise we have to go to the last MON season, when we trashed Bolton 5-1 and Burnley 5-2.

I just don't see experience as all that important really. Even some of the most experienced players can be bad decision makers.

You probably haven't played football at any level then. Experience is what calms the team, making irrational decisions to go away, calms the youth players and make them think about something else. Too many young players can panic much too easily and it will effect the games.

Whilst we are still trying to figure our selves out we need to bring in 'experience' with 'quality'...

We need these players to be warriors. That is exactly what we need. I look at players like, Bannan, for example... Whilst he is a good little player, he is not a warrior that we can rely on to help us out of the shite that we are stuck in. He is more of a luxury, someone who we can add in once we have established ourselves as a team that isn't frigging awful. Add him in amongst our proper core.

Until we have these sorts of players in our team, and we realise that we are not going to go anywhere fast with our current lineup... We will continue to be having discussions such as this.

Sign some bloody warriors.

Not stating facts here, just my opinion. But as i see it out of our experienced players who are not playing atm Given and Dunne have lost too much quality and are to immobile to offer any help, while Hutton and Warnock are to reckless (and not good enough) and not using their heads enough when they play to be of any help in our situation .

New players are needed, with both quality AND experience

Maybe the people calling for Redknapp should ask the Southampton fans about the great rescue job he did there ...

I have a Southampton supporting friend who once told me that if the announced that Harry Redknapp had died on the SSN in the pub, he would stand up and cheer. He is not popular there.

Anyway if somehow we can regroup and play like we did first half v ManUre we can definitely beat Atsenal which will be a massive boost to then beat Reading on the Tues night.

That in turn would give us massive belief to go to QPR and win followed by a home win over stoke.

4 wins on the bounce and 12 points would push us up to mid-table.

I want to believe.

Some continuity in defence would help ..especially as LB which is causing us endless issues

Norwich - Bennet Sending off ..Cross for goal Lichaj not concentrating short corner

Fulham -Lichaj poor marking near post

Man U - Stephens played Hernadez onside 1st goal / poor marking 3rd Goal

Anyway if somehow we can regroup and play like we did first half v ManUre we can definitely beat Atsenal which will be a massive boost to then beat Reading on the Tues night.

That in turn would give us massive belief to go to QPR and win followed by a home win over stoke.

I want to believe.

Unfortunately it is our inability to do that which is why we are where we are.

W eve only won 2 all season - Where does this hope of beating freescoring arsenal come from ? - I am spotting the flaw in the 'Arsenal have a ropey defense' argument...................so do we !

You said experienced quality, but we only need quality.

And you know that we'd be higher without those buys how?

We could be alright at full-back were it not for injuries. As for midfield, a lot of work needed to be done there so I'm not surprised it's going to take more than one window.

We need both.

Well we were higher in the table last season without them so yes and therein is the crux of my point. We haven't improved any with Lambert's signings.

But we weren't and still aren't ok at FB even without the injuries and can you say that our midfield has been improved since the sad illness of Petrov? Has KEA been an able replacement when we could have signed Diame on a free?

You can dance around the issues I have highlighted all you like but we are currently lying in a relegation place not through bad luck or refereeing decisions, we are unfortunately there on merit and we are in massive trouble.

I want to believe.

As much as I admire your optimism, I don't think we will get a second luxury of Arsenal playing as badly as Man U did against us in the first half.

Yeah, they'll probably play worse. Arsenal are nowhere near as good as they used to be. If we play as well as we did against United, there's no reason why we can't win.

I think you under rate Arsenal a tad sir. They've just destroyed a very good Spuds team and I actually can see another drubbing on the same scale as Man City against us.

You probably haven't played football at any level then. Experience is what calms the team, making irrational decisions to go away, calms the youth players and make them think about something else. Too many young players can panic much too easily and it will effect the games.

Actually I have, I just recognise that experience doesn't always mean good decision making and being calm.

As much as I admire your optimism, I don't think we will get a second luxury of Arsenal playing as badly as Man U did against us in the first half.

FFS it was us playing well that made Man United look poor! This is what I mean about the anti-Villa position. People just don't want to admit that we might have played well for a period of the game.

As I said, God knows how some on here would cope if we were actually successful.

Not if we get Redknapp in and Lerner gives him 20m plus the revenue from player sales.

Are you Redknapp's agent?

We need both.

Nope, quality is all we need. Experience would be a nice bonus but quality must come first. If we get that we'll be fine.

Well we were higher in the table last season without them so yes and therein is the crutch of my point. We haven't improved any with Lambert's signings.
How on Earth can you make that comparison? We had a different squad last season and so did everyone else. The comparison is invalid.

But we weren't and still aren't ok at FB even without the injuries and can you say that our midfield has been improved since the sad illness of Petrov? Has KEA been an able replacement when we could have signed Diame on a free?
Lowton's been ok and unfortunately we haven't got to see much of Bennett due to an unfair sending off and then an injury.

Why does KEA have to be Petrov's replacement? We were light in midfield even before Petrov's illness.

You can dance around the issues I have highlighted all you like but we are currently lying in a relegation place not through bad luck or refereeing decisions, we are unfortunately there on merit and we are in massive trouble.
I'm not dancing around the issues at all.

We're where we are now because funnily enough it takes more than just a couple of months for things to start clicking when you've had the kind of change we had. New players, new manager, new staff and a new playing style. IT TAKES TIME.

Injuries and poor officiating haven't helped though but then again I never expect us to not get constantly **** over by the refs and injuries.