Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

loving that the bottom teams seem to consistently be drawing with each other, which is keeping them below us...

don't think its going to last and i think all of the bottom half teams (ourselves included are capable of going on a winning run of games that will see them push up the table... its going to be tight all the way, but we'll bo ok...

UTV

Reading are three points behind us with a winable game in hand and a better goal differnce than us.

We are still very much in the mix for the drop and will be at least until christmas.

I hope we can start getting some wins together after that though.

This is probably one of the most important transfer windows for our club. If Lambert gets it right and what i mean by that is if we hold onto Bent and Given while strengthening the wide, midfield and LB positions with quality then hopefully we will be fine. If however he sells Bent and Given and doesn't strengthen with the required quality then i feel we're going to be in massive trouble. I just don't think we're good enough at the moment to stay up.

I watched Football Today yesterday (football magazine show like MOTD), and they basicly emphasised how poorly Manure supposedly played on first half, hardly mentioned how well we and especially Benteke played and creamed all over Hernandez.

Doesn't surprise me at all since it's produced by Premier League itself for broadcasters outside UK.

I watched Football Today yesterday (football magazine show like MOTD), and they basicly emphasised how poorly Manure supposedly played on first half, hardly mentioned how well we and especially Benteke played and creamed all over Hernandez.

Doesn't surprise me at all since it's produced by Premier League itself for broadcasters outside UK.

If you think that's bad apparently sky had the stats on during the game which they displayed a 30 - 70% possession to manure at one nil.

God knows what game they were watching but we definately had the upper hand and in there half a hell of alot more. Dogs!.

This is probably one of the most important transfer windows for our club. If Lambert gets it right and what i mean by that is if we hold onto Bent and Given while strengthening the wide, midfield and LB positions with quality then hopefully we will be fine. If however he sells Bent and Given and doesn't strengthen with the required quality then i feel we're going to be in massive trouble. I just don't think we're good enough at the moment to stay up.

I can understand the not selling Bent bit and I am fully in agreement with that but why on Earth should we hold onto Given? He was good last season but has been poor since then and Guzan has done a magnificent job. Given's on high wages so it's possible that we'll need to ship him out in order to bring some quality midfielders in.

If you think that's bad apparently sky had the stats on during the game which they displayed a 30 - 70% possession to manure at one nil.

God knows what game they were watching but we definately had the upper hand and in there half a hell of alot more. Dogs!.

I think thats about right

We hit them on the counter alot in that game and allowed them possession

Shame we didnt hold onto it more when we went 2 - 0 up

I can understand the not selling Bent bit and I am fully in agreement with that but why on Earth should we hold onto Given? He was good last season but has been poor since then and Guzan has done a magnificent job. Given's on high wages so it's possible that we'll need to ship him out in order to bring some quality midfielders in.

What if Guzan picks up an injury and if we sell Given we're going to have to spend money on his replacement so there wouldn't be any immediate benefit in selling Given at all.

given won't be going anywhere, he is in his late 30s, with three and a half years remaining of a very lucrative contract. like it or not, i can see noone taking on that commitment and therefore i can see nothing that would entice shay into leaving....

i also think that anyone that is in with a shout of playing on a saturday will not be sold unless a very attractive offer comes in - as a result, dunne and zoggy stay.

Those nowhere near the squad - hutton, warnock, makoun, fonz will all be allowed to leave if an offer comes in for them, although again, i am not sure that anyone would make an offer for them....

finally bent... I strongly suspect Villa and PL do not want to sell him. However, i also suspect that unless he finds himself back in the starting line up regularly over the next month, he will be doing everything in his power to secure a move away from the villa. he is not the sort of player who has stuck around through hard times at any stage of his career, and i think that his track record will make him an attractive proposition to some. i can also see that proposition being in the 6-8m range....

What if Guzan picks up an injury and if we sell Given we're going to have to spend money on his replacement so there wouldn't be any immediate benefit in selling Given at all.

So you think we should keep a player on 50k a week around just to sit on the bench in case our main goalkeeper gets injured?

£20 to VT if we don't finish top-half AND above WBA at the end of the season.

I think your going to lose £20 mate, we aren't going to finish top 10 and Olbiyun are riding the crest of a wave at the moment and on for their most successful ever season. The inbreds in my office are so smug its unbearable. But their best players will be cherry picked at the end of the season and they will revert again to the Yo-Yo club they are.

So you think we should keep a player on 50k a week around just to sit on the bench in case our main goalkeeper gets injured?

No. Given will not be sitting on the bench all season. He will get games in cup matches, keeping Guzan on his toes and from January until the end of the season, what would be the difference paying Given's wages and having to pay a transfer fee for another keeper plus his wages? Negligible at best. In addition, according to Lambert he did not spend his whole budget in the summer so we might not need to get Given's wages of the books anyway?

Quite simply you do not weaken your squad in our current position which could get worse after the next set of fixtures. Secure our Premiership status first and then sell Given and Bent at the end of the season when hopefully we have secured our Premiership status.

• Like 1