Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

There's 33 points to get before January, that's one more game than we've already played so, in my opinion, we still have a fair amount of games to go and our situation could be very different by then.

Also, we have three of the best teams coming up but then the three games after that are QPR, Reading and Stoke, three of the worst teams. So points could have balanced out, still with five games before January.

Staying up will be one heck of an achievement? Think that is the minimum level of acceptance. If the other managers that we've had in recently didnt get us relegated why should it be some kind of achievement this year? Yes the last few yrs haven't been pretty and we have sold numerous players of considerable talent, however, we have still spent close to £20m in the summer and for that kind of investment relegation should be a complete no no.

Yup! I still say, with whats gone on here over the last 3 seasons, that staying up would be an acheivement! I do not say that in the sense i would be content with that as a norm, not at all, but rather that since last season (when we were somewhat fortuous to stay up) we have lost Petrov, Dunne, Collins, Heskey & Cuellar amongst others. Ok Dunne can come back in possibly but that is a hefty chunk of experience we have lost from the squad....Again! We spent 20m yes but really the squad is smaller & less experienced than last season. My point is that many clubs of lesser stature than AVFC would surely have already succumbed & fallen with what has gone on here recently. So my comment is made viewing the big picture of the last few seasons as a whole & what i am saying is that if we survive this season, when in my opinion we have "Bottomed out" so to speak, then that is indeed quite some acheivement & a testament to the potential size of this sleeping giant of a football club.... I am not saying that i am "content to just stay up" at all as you appear to infer. I would of course take survival this season as the "minimum of expectancy" but do still think that if we do stay in this league it will put us in a much better position ready for next term & in the summer we could move on the likes of Hutton & Dunne clearing some space on the wage bill & we can at long last start to climb back towards where this club should be with a bright young manager & a fresh vibrant young squad in place.... But we need to survive this season for now.. Thats why i think it would be a big achievement.

• Like 1

It would be nice to go into Jan with a few more points on the board so that we can enjoy the FACup and the latter stages of the League Cup, plus the new January recruits won't be under such immediate pressure.

we have lost Petrov, Dunne, Collins, Heskey & Cuellar amongst others. Ok Dunne can come back in possibly but that is a hefty chunk of experience we have lost from the squad....Again!

It was Lambert's choice to get rid of Collins, Heskey and Cuellar and again his choice to bring players to the club with no Premiership experience. If we are relegated due to a lack of experience within the squad then Lambert will have to take the blame for that.
  • Like 1

Alot more optimistic after the win the weekend thank god

Must admit i was surprised we won especially with the team we had out

Sunderland really are shocking though MON is on borrowed time they look so blunt offensively

This result means nothing though if we fail to beat Reading after the next 3 fixtures we have coming up as i can't see us getting any points out of them

Then again i could only see us getting nothing more than a point against Sunderland.

Prove me wrong again Villa please.

It was Lambert's choice to get rid of Collins, Heskey and Cuellar and again his choice to bring players to the club with no Premiership experience. If we are relegated due to a lack of experience within the squad then Lambert will have to take the blame for that.

Na your wrong there.

The wage bill needed trimmed, contracts were up for some too, but again Lambert is the scape goat for all of this happening as usual.

Also are you saying you would rather have Collins instead of Vlaar?

It is fact that after 150 times of having things explained to you from many posters that you still continue to preach the same bollocks over and over again and leave silly comments once your corrected.

Is there nothing you could be colouring in instead?

• Like 1

Na your wrong there.

The wage bill needed trimmed, contracts were up for some too, but again Lambert is the scape goat for all of this happening as usual.

It is fact that after 150 times of having things explained to you from many posters that you still continue to preach the same bollocks over and over again and leave silly comments once your corrected.

Na your wrong there.

Actually no i'm not wrong. Losing that amount of experience was Lambert's choice was it not. Bringing in players with no experience of the Premiership was also Lambert's choice was it not? We are currently lying fourth from bottom are we not? So in the context of the post i was replying too i am exactly right to make the point.

Whether my posts are 'bollocks' 'pish' or whatever other colourful superlatives you wish to use rather than debating are a matter of opinion. You don't agree with it fine but the last time i looked this was a forum to vent your opinion and most posters on here do so without continually using the word 'pish' in reference to other posters.

If we're relegated it will be because of lack of quality, not experience.

oooh. i'm sure you are "exactly right" about everything morph (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shift-mind/201103/why-is-it-so-important-be-right) ;)

back on topic, we'll be fine, the more time goes by the more the PL method will be instelled in teh squad and we'll be moving in the right direction. PL has said that he wants competition for places all across the squad and that the squad is thin. which woudl definitely suggest some more investment in january now that he has been able to asses the players in proper competitive games.

even if we lose the next 3 games it won't be the end of the world as long as we had a proper go at winning all 3.

Possibly both Mantis?

Lets hope that after January both points will have been dealt with.

Experience is overrated. If Lambert goes into the transfer market in January (which I hope and think he will) I really do hope he goes for quality. Experiences means very little. It would be a nice bonus but quality must come above all else.

Experience get the extra needed quality out of even the most mediocre player though. Even a seasoned player can play better than a young player with more ability in the most important moments, just because they have been there before and knows exactly what to do and not to do. Of course, the best thing is a good mix of young players and experienced players - all of them having huge ability. However players like Lowton, Lichaj, Bennett and Westwood, alongside Bannan, Weimann, Clark and Albrighton - it is obvious that our level can dip tremendously at times. Also, in a pressured situation like a relegation battle they can let it get to them far more easily. They said you cannot win anything with kids, which was ridiculed when Man Utd won the league that year. The thing is, these young players are not anywhere near the level they were.

I am not saying I want a whole bunch of mediocre and experienced players like Danny Murphy and Rory Delap, not at all, I love it when we buy talents, but buying loads of players the regular fan has never heard of is risky, risky business. A plan that will either let him succeed to a modest degree or let him be fired after one season.

• Like 1