Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We have been poor in the games against Southampton, Everton and WHU. No better than last season. We have been considerably better against WBA, Newcastle and Swansea. Given that three of our better performances have been in the past four games (not even including the win against Citeh), I am confident that we are beginning to turn the corner and our relegation worries will soon be a thing of the past.

It will soon be a thing of the past? Tell that to Tottenham and Fulham away, then Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Sunderland (away) coming up. We have a home game against Norwich as well which will be extremely must-win.

We have been poor in the games against Southampton, Everton and WHU. No better than last season. We have been considerably better against WBA, Newcastle and Swansea. Given that three of our better performances have been in the past four games (not even including the win against Citeh), I am confident that we are beginning to turn the corner and our relegation worries will soon be a thing of the past.

It will soon be a thing of the past? Tell that to Tottenham and Fulham away, then Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Sunderland (away) coming up. We have a home game against Norwich as well which will be extremely must-win.

That's the good thing about having a 38 game season. I remember MONs first year when we went on a run of something like 14 game without a win but the signs from the past month are that we have a team that are playing for the manager.

Given that three of our better performances have been in the past four games (not even including the win against Citeh), I am confident that we are beginning to turn the corner and our relegation worries will soon be a thing of the past.
I think that warrants a "dodgy statistics" alert. You can tell very little from a run of four games. Why, last season we were unbeaten after 7 games and in 6th place! Anyone predicting a bright future based on that would have come badly unstuck.

There is really not much point to this thread at all until we begin to see how the season is shaping up - say by Christmas.

Well you ignored my posts, which meant there were no arguments which was actually what they wanted. As sensible mature people there's no reason why we can't both discuss football maturely instead of arguing over petty things like this.

As I said, pretty sure the mods would rather us discuss the actual topic than argue over this.

The fact remains that by ignoring your posts i adhered to the request made by the mods and you didn't so i see you are now admitting to disregarding the instructions by the mods which was exactly my point in the first place! Secondly, i have far more respect for posters on here when they are actually able to admit when they're wrong, to actually man up, instead of trying to cover their ass with bullshit.

The fact remains that by ignoring your posts i adhered to the request made by the mods and you didn't so i see you are now admitting to disregarding the instructions by the mods which was exactly my point in the first place! Secondly, i have far more respect for posters on here when they are actually able to admit when they're wrong, to actually man up, instead of trying to cover their ass with bullshit.

Except that the mods never told us to stop talking permamnently.

Yeah but you see anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as wrong. You can't expect people who have a different opinion to you to just admit they're wrong even when they're not.

I do admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong, but I'm not going to say I'm wrong when I merely have a different opinion.

Except that the mods never told us to stop talking permamnently.

Yeah but you see anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as wrong. You can't expect people who have a different opinion to you to just admit they're wrong even when they're not.

I do admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong, but I'm not going to say I'm wrong when I merely have a different opinion.

Point out where i said the mods did tell 'us to stop talking permanently?'

Secondly, i wasn't talking about opinions. I was talking specifically about the mod's instruction to you and i to stop replying to each other's posts for a while. In your previous post you stated 'you ignored my posts, which meant there was no arguments which was actually what they wanted.' By definition that means that i followed their instruction and you did not. So by not following mod instruction that would very much put you in the wrong camp which contradicts your latest statement 'i do admit when i'm wrong.'

I have never seen in any of your posts admitting to any poster that you have been in the wrong even while you continue to contradict yourself and again accusing me of 'but you see anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as wrong' is as ironic and hypocritical as it comes.

Point out where i said the mods did tell 'us to stop talking permanently?'

Secondly, i wasn't talking about opinions. I was talking specifically about the mod's instruction to you and i to stop replying to each other's posts for a while. In your previous post you stated 'you ignored my posts, which meant there was no arguments which was actually what they wanted.' By definition that means that i followed their instruction and you did not. So by not following mod instruction that would very much put you in the wrong camp which contradicts your latest statement 'i do admit when i'm wrong.'

I have never seen in any of your posts admitting to any poster that you have been in the wrong even while you continue to contradict yourself and again accusing me of 'but you see anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as wrong' is as ironic and hypocritical as it comes.

Obviously you never said those exact words but you kept on saying "the mods told us to ignore each other" when in actual fact they told us to ignore each other for a while, and even then it was just a suggestion. The main order was to stop arguing over pages and pages, which is ironically exactly what is happening now but instead of us arguing over football like before we're arguing over the private message that told us to stop arguing! What a ridiculous situation. It's ironic because if you'd just responded to my point (which was actually related to the thread) or ignored it then this wouldn't have happened.

Of course I admit I'm wrong and I've done so various times. Where have I contradicted myself?

No, I don't think it's hypocritical at all, as I don't go around calling people wrong when their opinions are different from my own.

I think QPR are quite overrated really. Last season most people tipped them to comfortably survive yet they only secured their safety on the last day and finished even below us. At the beginning of this season everyone was saying how they'd have a good season yet they're still struggling. I don't think their squad is that great to be honest. Lots of names in there but that doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Obviously you never said those exact words but you kept on saying "the mods told us to ignore each other" when in actual fact they told us to ignore each other for a while, and even then it was just a suggestion. The main order was to stop arguing over pages and pages, which is ironically exactly what is happening now but instead of us arguing over football like before we're arguing over the private message that told us to stop arguing! What a ridiculous situation. It's ironic because if you'd just responded to my point (which was actually related to the thread) or ignored it then this wouldn't have happened.

Of course I admit I'm wrong and I've done so various times. Where have I contradicted myself?

No, I don't think it's hypocritical at all, as I don't go around calling people wrong when their opinions are different from my own.

Ahh, so we are now back to you putting words in my mouth to suit your debate! Again ironic and i have already pointed out to you in this debate where you have contradicted yourself yet you choose to ignore it. Both Ironic and again hypocritical in the context of this debate. It's either right or wrong to ignore mod instruction, so which is it?

You didn't even ignore my posts for a while which is blatantly disregarding mod instruction!

I didn't respond to your point relating to the thread as i was following mod instruction and i asked you to follow the same instruction which you continually have ignored.

Ok you have clearly stated in your previous post 'of course i admit i'm wrong and i've done so various times.' Point out where you have done this?

even with a better manager and new signings with our current squad we will still struggle to survive this season - more investment is needed in january

I don't think Lambert has proven anything yet to suggest that he is 'a better manager.'

However i do agree with you that we will continue to struggle this season unless we get more investment in January. I just hope, that investment, will consist of better quality than his purchases to date.

Ahh, so we are now back to you putting words in my mouth to suit your debate! Again ironic and i have already pointed out to you in this debate where you have contradicted yourself yet you choose to ignore it. Both Ironic and again hypocritical in the context of this debate. It's either right or wrong to ignore mod instruction, so which is it?

You didn't even ignore my posts for a while which is blatantly disregarding mod instruction!

I didn't respond to your point relating to the thread as i was following mod instruction and i asked you to follow the same instruction which you continually have ignored.

Ok you have clearly stated in your previous post 'of course i admit i'm wrong and i've done so various times.' Point out where you have done this?

CUT THIS OUT - NOW. YOU WERE TOLD NOT TO DRAG ENDLESS CIRCLES OF DEBATE OUT OVER MULTIPLE PAGES AND THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW. STOP IT IMMEDIATELY.