Rino8

Take away Saurez and the quality of the team goes down by 1/3 IMO.  They were lucky to hold on to him.

You've read the stats then when he missed those 57+ games for us?

We'll finish 6th if we're lucky.

I think Coutinho is far more important to their team than Suarez is, but the latter gets all the attention.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Suarez, besides his goals and assists, is pretty good at forechecking and harassing the other team. He never stops running and starts the defensive work for Liverpool at once when they lose the ball. He scored 23 goals and had 10 assists last season, 6 goals and 2 assists so far this season in 448 minutes. Suarez is as dangerous against Chelsea as he is against Hull at Anfield so to speak, because he can do something out of nothing. I hate the guy of course, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't appreciate his ability.

Coutinho for me is far from the finished product, and I don't know if he'll ever reach the level of Mata, Hazard or Silva. Not many do, mind. Coutinho is great when the team is playing great, when they have the momentum against teams that are laying low. Obviously creative and with quick turns and flicks, he can score some goals too. However, he drifts in and out of games and he's poor when they are not playing to his strengths. He played the 3-4 first games for them this season and he was pretty quiet, something I paid particular attention too since he was in my Fantasy team from day 1. His defensive work is pretty poor, he is easily body-checked because of his lack of strength and his endurance is sub-standard. Typical Brazilian one might say, as he is an attacking player with technical skills but not much more. He is the kind of player that makes the team lose against better opposition, because he is unable to track back and do the dirty work.

I don't think a single Liverpool-fan would want Coutinho on the pitch instead of Suarez to be fair.

• Like 2

Suarez is ridiculously wasteful though. Of course it takes a certain level of quality, but when you try something 100 times, it's bound to come off some time. He certainly has ability and works hard for the team which is great. At the same time, wasting all these chances hurts the team also.

Andre "Wisdom"

Only A Footballer Would Take A Panamera Off-Roading Because The Sat-Nav Said So

Porsche-Panamera-stuck.jpg

There’s no denying that sat-navs are pretty damn useful. There are times though when you really should ignore them, particularly if you’re in a near-£100,000 Porsche Panamera Turbo and you’re being directed down a muddy track. It seems no-one told Derby County player and England Under-21 captain Andre Wisdom, who blindly followed his sat-nav as it led him down what looks like a ‘green lane’ while on the way to a match.

Porsche-Panamera-stuck-2.jpg

Rather than turn back, Wisdom ploughed on despite the condition of the road worsening. Predictably, he got the Panamera Turbo stuck in a bog. With kick-off fast approaching, Wisdom hitched a lift, leaving the poor Porka stranded, where it was later discovered by a bemused mountain biker.

Andre-Wisdom.jpg

In Turbo flavour the Panamera packs a 520bhp 4.8-litre V8 and four-wheel drive. Just remember though, having four driven wheels doesn’t always mean you can tackle seriously muddy terrain. Unless you’re this guy in a knackered old Audi 200, of course.

• Like 1

I'd say he could, but even if he couldn't buy it outright, I'm going to guess a professional Liverpool footballer isn't going to have trouble acquiring finance.

I wonder as this is a constant subject around in my country about Suarez and his diving. Of course, there is that butthurt supporter that will defend him, and there is actually a few of them. I see he dived again today against Jordan because..well he could have been tackled so laying down and asking for a penalty is only logical.

My question is, are pool supporters generally ignorant when it comes to this from your perspective? Do they ignore it and appreciate what he does on the field, or do most of them come up with silly excuses and actually believe whatever they say. 

I mean there has been sooooo many times I have seen it, it would actually be fun to see every attempt he has made on doing so. 

yeah a lot of them cant even admit he is an arsehole(am sure if was at Villa a lot of fans would say great player but clearing in the woods) especially when they were calling him it when he wanted to leave :D

im more shocked how he could afford it. Surely a Liverpool reserve player couldnt afford to throw 125k on a car.

Of course he can!

What does he make a week, something like 10k perhaps? That's 520k a year, which makes buying a new Porsche the same as normal folk buying an expensive watch or something.

It's not OK though, limited players like him shouldn't make the top bucks before he makes it. A bit like the NHL in that way, it prevents the young guys from becoming words removed before they're there.

• 1 month later...
Â