Weekends football 17/19 Aug

andykeenan

I think QPR will improve as the season goes on, don't see them being bottom 3 at all.

Although looking at their defence, they still had the likes of Clint Hill and Ferdinand playing there so that's a weak spot and Green usually chucks a couple in a season.

Yep Norwich look doomed tbh, shame as I don't mind them as a club and think Chris Hughton is a top bloke but as my canary mate says "Lambert was our heartbeat." Reading didn't play that well against Stoke who are one of the worst away teams in the league so think both could struggle.

Thought West Brom were going down but in fairness outside the top clubs, they have a really good variety of strikers, Long and Odemwingie and when they play physical teams they have the likes of Fortune and Lukakau to come in.

So many prem clubs under cooked at the moment....particularly upfront. Dunno how practical it is but you wonder if it would be worthwhile to move the transfer window deadline to the Friday before the start of the season?

Yep Norwich look doomed tbh, shame as I don't mind them as a club and think Chris Hughton is a top bloke but as my canary mate says "Lambert was our heartbeat.

am sure Wiz will disagree ;) think McNasty was reason they were so good

Michu's second is an absolutely glorious finish.

Swansea already look different to me to last season. They look a little more ruthless and a little more direct. A little less pretty, a little more cutthroat. Might just have been QPR being shite but it'll be interesting to see if Laudrup continues in this vein.

watching GoS QPR looked dire

i seem to remember Green being absolutely awful on the 1st day of the season vs us a few years back too, if i was a fan id be concerned about the general lack of effort, the way routledge in particular skipped past players was piss poor

I'm pretty sure I put an odd 26p I had on my Paddy Power account on Ivanovic scoring today. Typically, the one time I do bet on a long shot and he scores, it's 26p on him...

Also, can Wigan finally **** off this year? I've had enough of them stealing a space in the league that could go someone interesting. Or will they do the usual being utterly, utterly woeful all season and surviving by the skin of their teeth?

Also, can Wigan finally **** off this year? I've had enough of them stealing a space in the league that could go someone interesting. Or will they do the usual being utterly, utterly woeful all season and surviving by the skin of their teeth?

dont get the hatred towards Wigan(except Whelan obviously). surely staying up by skin of their teeth every year is more interesting than watch us plod along over last couple of seasons

In fairness to Wigan the fact that they are so bad for 80% of the season means they have to be incredibly good for the remaining 20%. Great entertainment value when they're bad as well; suicidal defending, franco di santo missing sitters etc.

He's only been on 5 minutes and its a different game. Superb finish.

Back to wigan, Id love for them to go down solely so Dave Whelan will finally **** off. word removed.

Â