Borderlands / Borderlands 2

Dante_Lockhart

I was thinking of getting this when it comes out for the Vita, what sort of game is it?

It's a cell shaded (is that still a thing? I think it's still a thing.) FPS with some minor RPG elements. It's main selling feature is that you collect loot from enemies, which almost exclusively guns, of which there are millions, literally.

It is not for everyone. It took me 3 tries to get in to the first one, but my brother is very keen for me to start the second so I can online with him. The coop has a good reputation

• Like 1

I was thinking of getting this when it comes out for the Vita, what sort of game is it?

Like Hogso said, it's a loot game.  I really really really liked it. I put 60+ hours into the thing. 

Second video is myself and Sie playing a bit in co-op. 

• Like 1

The games are divisive, that's for sure. Loads of people seem to find BL impossible to get into, but for those who are grabbed (like myself), the games becomes compulsive. The actual shooting bit is serviceable, and much improved in BL2, but the main hook comes in striving to find the perfect weapon or unlock that next ability. If you don't get infected with that need to see what new extravagant tool of death is next, then you will be one of those who simply doesn't enjoy the game - and there are better pure shooters out there. If you suffer from loot-lust then prepare to get addicted to the hit ladled out every time a new purple (or orange, or PEARLESCENT) weapon drops!

It's hopelessly tedious rubbish.

You say that but the videos above look a lot of fun!

The game is anything but a lot of fun, imo.

The entire thing revolves around MMO style missions - go here, kill 10 Xs, come back. Given that the AI is rubbish and the shoot mechanics nothing more than serviceable, this becomes really bloody boring really bloody quick. The only hook to grab you is the loot aspect, but that isn't terribly gripping either, as in general there aren't many designs and there aren't that many effects either, so ultimately you're going around collecting higher numbers next to the guns. It's a bit like finding the same old steel sword in some random Skyrim dungeon, but it's got a lightning enchantment this time, and being excited about it.

As said, it's a spectacularly tedious game, one note and one paced with nothing to grab you to progress. I can just about see why it might be fun in co-op, but that's not a saving grace for me.

It's almost as if different people like different things!   I played this game in 2, 3 & 4 player co-op but I think it was at it's best when I was playing solo. 

I'm with Chindie, I got bored with Borderlands 1 + 2, but I didn't ever play co-op, I assume it's a lot more fun in that mode. Single player campaign was dull though.

Got it on the download for free via playstation plus. Not sure how long I'll play it. I've got a million games that I haven't even completed yet

Edited by Giro

• 9 months later...

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is out today  :D. Seems like it might be quite similar to BL2 but I've no problem with that, more Borderlands is always a good thing in my books.

Does anyone know what it's like?

I was a bit disappointed it only came out on old gen consoles

It's a b team game to keep the money coming in until Borderlands 3 comes out on PS4 and Xbone.  It might be good fun, I can wait for a full on next current gen version myself. 

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is out today  :D. Seems like it might be quite similar to BL2 but I've no problem with that, more Borderlands is always a good thing in my books.

Does anyone know what it's like?

At least on par with Destiny.

Â