Borderlands / Borderlands 2

Dante_Lockhart

So I'm playing through Borderlands in prep for BL2 coming out next month and I've fell in love with Pandora again.

Any of you guys still have this game and fancy some co-op? It's always better with more players :D

Love Borderlands. I've spent the past week or two farming Crawmerax for pearlescents. 3 have dropped, and I gave one of those away! I've got 2 on preorder and can't wait for it to arrive.

If you ever fancy helping me boost a few levels by inviting me into your end game and killing a few high level enemies just give me a shout. I've already completed BLs more times than I can count (including all DLC) so it's not like you'll be ruining the game for me. Just looking to refresh myself with it until 2 comes out.

Or just donate me some weapons :lol:

Love Borderlands. I've spent the past week or two farming Crawmerax for pearlescents. 3 have dropped, and I gave one of those away! I've got 2 on preorder and can't wait for it to arrive.

If you ever fancy helping me boost a few levels by inviting me into your end game and killing a few high level enemies just give me a shout. I've already completed BLs more times than I can count (including all DLC) so it's not like you'll be ruining the game for me. Just looking to refresh myself with it until 2 comes out.

I'll add you when I get in from work. I've got a nice catalyst class mod you can have with +2 rare weapons, which helps with loot dropsplus Crawmerax spews out tons of good weapons each time you slay him.

Edit: double post

Just couldn't get into it at all.

Was the same for me, is the big appeal in all the weapons and gear and stuff? I mean, I usually like loot. Loot is great. I didn't quite enjoy the 'oh this weapon is slightly better than that other one I have so I'll keep that' thing. Which is weird cos I used to wank over all my weapons in the Elder Scrolls games, for example. I liked the art style too. I liked the setting, even. Maybe I should give it another go sometime.

I found it to be a lot more annoying than fun, in general. This is down to personal playstyle though. For me, constant respawning waves of enemies just got on my nerves, I never felt I could take my time and explore, always felt rushed off my feet. Even when playing as the hunter class, it never felt stealthy, just blast blast blast and the talent trees did nowhere near enough to change your playstyle.

Just my opinion though, I think overall it's a very decent game, just wasn't really for me. I will be interested to see what improvements are made in Borderlands 2 though.

Looks like the Gearbox Software President Randy Pitchford has really put his foot in it, in an interview to Eurogamer where he labelled one of the modes a 'girlfriend mode', in which the game is easier, seemingly for girls. Unbelievable.

The original quotes: "The design team was looking at the concept art and thought, you know what, this is actually the cutest character we've ever had. I want to make, for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree. This is, I love Borderlands and I want to share it with someone, but they suck at first-person shooters. Can we make a skill tree that actually allows them to understand the game and to play the game? That's what our attempt with the Best Friends Forever skill tree is."

One of the first skills available in the BFF tree is called Close Enough. This means your bullets that hit walls or other objects, that is, miss their target, have a chance to ricochet off towards the enemy.

"Can't aim? That's not a problem," Hemingway said.

He's now backtracked, loads. :lol: and said it's all been blown out of proportion. What a buffoon.

:lol:

Looing forward to 2. The single player is near storyless but I got really into the 1st, as a multiplayer game it is brilliant, mindless good fun and it's a really solid shooter. Played through it 2 or 3 times myself. I hope when you play single player you get an AI to go with you, the game feels like a boring grind after a while if you do it alone.

Love Borderlands. I was sucked in by the design style (very 2000AD) and the lootwhore in me just loves all those numbers on the drops.

I'll definitely be picking up BL2, the only quandary I have is which platform.

Managed to Platinum this on PS3, great game, cant wait for Borderlands 2 to come out. I picked the GOTY edition up from Amazon for £13 last month, a real bargain with the four DLC on it.

• 1 month later...
Â