Jamie Ohara / Leon Knight spat on twitter

Villan4Life

'Trolling' in this manner is an offence, it usually takes a hell of a lot to get a conviction because usually the perpetrator is anonymous or whatever, or people dont usually report it as a crime. As millions of people saw the tweets and it was in no means anonymous it wouldnt surprise me to see something happen here.

That said, whilst what Knight said was vulgar, it wasnt as bad as a lot of other 'trolls' do in the rare cases a conviction is reached.

I genuinely do not know who he is. Even after doing a quick internet search, I still dont know. At first I thought it was the man who used to play for Norwich in 2004, but its not him.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Danielle lloyd that nasty little racist who along with that thankfully dead mouth breather Jade Goody, verbally set about that Indian Big Brother contestant? Probably the main point of young Leon's ire.

The fact that she'd f**ked dozens of footballers isn't particularly dispicable, there are plenty of women like that seeking a shot at the high life on the back of someone elses efforts, (well, getting there on their own backs mainly) but thats equality - you can't boast about your prowess as a man, and then suggest any woman who does the same is a whore, as the maths doesn't stack up for a start.

Twitter does seem the new frontier of keyboard warriorism these days. Interesting to see where free speech and plod go with this generally over the next few years. To be honest, as a fairly early fb adopter, I can't see the point of Twitter, it takes vacuousness to a new level. It really is about "listen to me" rather than "lets exchange ideas". It seems a shame to have evolved language over hundreds of thousands of years, to then go to txt spk (lol) and 120 character tweets in one generation.

Â