Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar's stock will not get higher than it is at present, so his bargaining position is very strong. His agent will push for a better deal, if he doesn't get it he'll be off.

I suspect he'll go as I don't see us paying his current market value salary wise.

• Like 1

Vlaar's stock will not get higher than it is at present, so his bargaining position is very strong. His agent will push for a better deal, if he doesn't get it he'll be off.

I suspect he'll go as I don't see us paying his current market value salary wise.

He probably would like to avoid a third season in a row fighting relegation. Will be amazed if he still a Villa player come end of transfer deadline. I suppose one could hope but this IS something i would put money on happening if there is a market.

I'm repeating myself from earlier in the thread, but get a grip guys........average defender has a good 60 minutes in a World Cup group game and now he's Franco Baresi and just waiting for the offers to flood in......I fear not.

Yeah you are repeating yourself, and it's still nonsense.

Thanks for your telling insight. Luckily I can remember when Villa defenders were lauded for, well, being defenders.....not just better than 2 youngish players we have, who are out of their depth. Or for 60 good minutes in a World Cup group game. Throw yourselves at the feet of King Ron if you like, but I'll venture 2 things......he won't be making Team of the Tournament nor will he leave ( if in the unlikely event he does leave ) for a top 6 club.

I'm repeating myself from earlier in the thread, but get a grip guys........average defender has a good 60 minutes in a World Cup group game and now he's Franco Baresi and just waiting for the offers to flood in......I fear not.

Thanks for your telling insight. Luckily I can remember when Villa defenders were lauded for, well, being defenders.....not just better than 2 youngish players we have, who are out of their depth. Or for 60 good minutes in a World Cup group game. Throw yourselves at the feet of King Ron if you like, but I'll venture 2 things......he won't be making Team of the Tournament nor will he leave ( if in the unlikely event he does leave ) for a top 6 club.

****bells ring*****

We have a winner!

Better than youngish players out of their depth

The bit in bold is the clue why Vlaar has sometimes struggled.......

And why he struggled with them both being off form, compared to the previous season..

Other than that, Vlaar is covering defensive errors and bad judgement from Clark and Baker, which isn't a strikers problem.

Thanks for your telling insight. Luckily I can remember when Villa defenders were lauded for, well, being defenders.....not just better than 2 youngish players we have, who are out of their depth. Or for 60 good minutes in a World Cup group game. Throw yourselves at the feet of King Ron if you like, but I'll venture 2 things......he won't be making Team of the Tournament nor will he leave ( if in the unlikely event he does leave ) for a top 6 club.[/

****bells ring*****

We have a winner!

Thanks to another football genius for helping me see the light. I hadn't realised he had struggled ? According to you and your disciples if it wasn't for Vlaar we'd have been relegated by Christmas......which is complete bollocks obviously.

Thanks for your telling insight. Luckily I can remember when Villa defenders were lauded for, well, being defenders.....not just better than 2 youngish players we have, who are out of their depth. Or for 60 good minutes in a World Cup group game. Throw yourselves at the feet of King Ron if you like, but I'll venture 2 things......he won't be making Team of the Tournament nor will he leave ( if in the unlikely event he does leave ) for a top 6 club.[/

****bells ring*****

We have a winner!

Thanks to another football genius for helping me see the light. I hadn't realised he had struggled ? According to you and your disciples if it wasn't for Vlaar we'd have been relegated by Christmas......which is complete bollocks obviously.

Really is there any need for the you and your disciples and complete bollocks part? Some people rate Vlaar and others dont. Is it so hard to discuss without insults?

Edited by Amo69

except no one is throwing themselves at Ron's feet.

No one is saying he's Franco Baresi.

No one is lauding him.

No one is saying he will make the team of the tournament.

No one is even saying he'll leave for a top 6 club, seeing as United finished 7th last season.

All anyone is saying is that he's better than average.

Just because we don't think he's just "average" doesn't mean we think he's the best defender in the whole world for goodness sake. We just think he deserves better than to be called average.

If your opinion is that he's just average then that's your opinion. Ridiculing the rest of us because we happen to rate him slightly higher is, to bring me back to my original post, **** nonsense.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Nobody brought up the Team of the Tournament except you. You're arguing against straw men, so of course it's easy to demolish them. If people on here were saying he was one of the 3 or 4 best defenders at the World Cup, then of course it would be easy to ridicule. But we aren't. All that is being said is that the World Cup is putting him in the shop window, and that we will be a lot weaker if he leaves. You still haven't explained how being left with Senderos, a guy coming back from a year-long injury layoff and two youngsters you've said are 'out of their depth' wouldn't majorly weaken the team. 

You are truly edging your bets there because didn't Man United finish 7th last season?

I couldn't get into the England game I had dud tickets.

So yeah I had a lovely time :)

Dud Tickets!!! - you are Lucky - England had a dud team!!! :P

Yep, I weren't that bothered following the result. Spain v Chile was one of the best live football experiences I've had anyway.

That was a great match.  OT I think Vlaar next to Lescott would've been a defence that would've easily got us mid table.  With Okore youjust don't know how he is going to be after his injury.  He is a talent, no doubt.  However, it is a tough injury to come back from.

Â