Premier League 2012/13 Top 10 Final Table Predictions

maqroll

Newcastle weren't that good last season and Liverpool weren't that bad. I hate Liverpool but they were very unlucky at times, whilst Newcaslte had the rub of the green so often and the fixture list was such that their final 3 games were one's they'd be heavily expected to lose. So it seemed like they were challenging for the top 4, but if you compare ours, Arsenals final 3 games with theirs, it does show how the fixture list made their challenge look more solid than it really was. I don't think under normal circumstances they'd had got anything out of the Cheslea game and they'd always be under dogs away at Everton and City.

I am not too sure about Newcastle. I think if Cisse keeps up his form he had when he joined them, they will continue to do very well and can certainly push for a top spot. If they can manage to add another decent defender, and do not lose Tiote/Cabaye, they will be a strong team, and even more so if they can manage to bring Carroll back.

Newcastle weren't that good last season and Liverpool weren't that bad. I hate Liverpool but they were very unlucky at times, whilst Newcaslte had the rub of the green so often and the fixture list was such that their final 3 games were one's they'd be heavily expected to lose. So it seemed like they were challenging for the top 4, but if you compare ours, Arsenals final 3 games with theirs, it does show how the fixture list made their challenge look more solid than it really was. I don't think under normal circumstances they'd had got anything out of the Cheslea game and they'd always be under dogs away at Everton and City.

So to clarify, because they won games that you didn't expect them to that means that they "weren't that good"

Interesting logic.

So to clarify, because they won games that you didn't expect them to that means that they "weren't that good"

Interesting logic.

No, what I'm saying is that they had 3 very tough fixtures at the end of the season. The fact that upto that point they'd not played these 3 tougher fixtures that they'd be expected to lose, made their position see strong than it was. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that they would have not been so close to the top 4 with 3 games to go if in April they played Man City, Chelsea and Everton away, rather than playing them in the last 3 games of the season.

The logic is that though the points available are always the same, not all teams are of equal quality and therefore the fixture list can distort things. They played Chelsea after they'd qualified for the CL final and I find it tough to believe Chelsea would have put in such an inept performance at home, ahd that not been the case. Chelsea is the only game of the 3 I expected them to lose that they didn't.

I think a lot hinges on who gets RVP

At the moment I don't think United are good enough but RVP and Rooney could tip the balance in their favour

I bet PSG come in for him

• 2 weeks later...

Was about to start a new thread but I'll hijack this one, though I want the full league table. I'll go:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Chelsea

5. Newcastle

6. Spurs

7. Everton

8. Liverpool

9. Sunderland

10. Fulham

11. Aston Villa

12. QPR

13. Reading

14. Swansea

15. West Ham

16. West Brom

17. Stoke

18. Norwich

19. Wigan

20. Southampton

Eeesh... Really tough this year. That Newcastle/Spurs/Everton trio could be any order I think. We could easily end up lower down, I definitely can't see us being top half having actually drawn a table up. Bottom three is tough too. I think Stoke will struggle this year, also West Brom and Norwich but I can't see Martinez doing the miracle for the third time. He'll regret not jumping ship. I've been hard on Southampton. They might just be OK, I just haven't seen them play too much and their manager looks like an accountant. Yes, that's all I'm going on.

Hmm...

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Everton

Newcastle

Tottenham

Sunderland

QPR

For Spurs, Joey, it will really depend on whether Modric gets replaced adequately (I'm sure you would agree with me on that) - but the longer the saga draws on the smaller the chance of that happening becomes.

Mine:

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Newcastle

Spurs

Sunderland

Everton

West Ham

Our problems go way beyond Modric. When Harry was here Modric broke his leg and we still maintained CL form. I've tried to put a positive spin on things, but the reality is we've lost a brilliant manager (though many would try and deny it), our best CB has retired, our best CM has left and our best striker was never ours anyway and hasn't re-signed. As much as people hate Harry, the chances are AVB wont be as good. No one is as good as Modric (in my opinion that will be proven this year at Madrid). A lot of reasons were given for a our drop in form last season, but few mention it happened when Ledley got inured in training and could no longer perform. Vertonghen looks good, but he's no Ledley King. Without Adebayor I can't see how we can effectively play 1 up front. Also i can't think of a squad of players less suited to AVBs preferred system.

It almost seems as if Levy has done everything he can to make sure we have a bad season. It's a long time ago, but I still can't get my head around sacking Harry. It's as if Levy was getting worried that we were actually becoming a decent team and thought it was high time he reminded us who we really are with another Juande Ramos type.

The alternative is that AVB; let's face it; probably figures he's losing Modric and he's currently doing what ... sitting there doing nothing? Yeah, either could be the case.

The alternative is that AVB; let's face it; probably figures he's losing Modric and he's currently doing what ... sitting there doing nothing? Yeah, either could be the case.

Of course he's thinking about it, but whether talks are ongoing or not, and whether deals are in place or not, we don't know.

Â