Chelsea

Everton

Newcastle

Tottenham

Sunderland

QPR

Liverpool top 4?

Step away from the alcohol.

We finished 9th in Harry's first season and then 4th the next season. Everton finished in the bottom half and then 4th the next season. Liverpool have got plenty of good players.

The alternative is that AVB; let's face it; probably figures he's losing Modric and he's currently doing what ... sitting there doing nothing? Yeah, either could be the case.

Of course he's thinking about it, but whether talks are ongoing or not, and whether deals are in place or not, we don't know.

Which is why I gave both options. One being the deal and one only being the player unknw.gif

The alternative is that AVB; let's face it; probably figures he's losing Modric and he's currently doing what ... sitting there doing nothing? Yeah, either could be the case.

Of course he's thinking about it, but whether talks are ongoing or not, and whether deals are in place or not, we don't know.

Which is why I gave both options. One being the deal and one only being the player unknw.gif

I'm saying there's a third possibility - Modric goes but Spurs get in a subpar replacement at the last minute. Not due to any lack of effort on AVB and Levy's part (that's for sure) but because getting players who are not far off Modric's quality is extremely hard, especially considering that Spurs are not in the CL this season. Spurs could end up selling, and royally **** up at the same time.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man United

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. Sunderland

10. Stoke

11. QPR

12. West Brom

13. Aston Villa

14. Southampton

15. West Ham

16. Fulham

17. Swansea City

18. Wigan

19. Norwich

20. Reading

1. Man City

2. Man United

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Newcastle

7. Liverpool

8. Everton

9. Aston Villa

10. Fulham

11. Sunderland

12. QPR

13. West Ham

14. Southampton

15. Stoke

16. West Brom

17. Reading

18. Norwich

19. Wigan

20. Swansea

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Newcastle

7. Everton

8. Spurs

9. Sunderland

10. QPR

11. West Ham

12. Fulham

13. Stoke

14. Villa

15. West Brom

16. Wigan

17. Southampton

18. Reading

19. Norwich

20. Swansea

Man City or Man Utd will win the league, Chelsea will never win with Di Matteo in charge. Too reliant on Torres whom is a great player but I doubt he will deliver for 38 games. He will score 18-22 goals if on form, but his general play has dropped too much for him to find it back.

Liverpool will be steady at around 6th, fighting with Tottenham for the 5th spot. Newcastle will have a much worse season, but are going to fight with Everton for 7th. Then there is a whole bunch of teams like Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland and QPR which will fight with us for the 9th - 17th. A few of the relegation candidates will surprise and join that group, but it is impossible to tell really.

As for us, I see a 10th or a 16th just as likely. Our squad is at a bare minimum and looks very thin at the back, both in terms of numbers and ability. We can also go down as a worst outcome, but that would take a shitload of unluck/injuries.

1.Man City

2.Man utd

3.Chelsea

4.Arsenal

5.Spurs

6.Liverpool

7.Everton

8.Newcastle

9.Stoke

10.Villa

11.Sunderland

12.Southampton

13.Swansea

14.Fulham

15.QPR

16.Baggies

17.Wigan

18.Norwich

19.West Ham

20.Reading

another surprising year at the top :yawn: other than villa recovering this year my main hope is wigan finally go down, cant see it though

1. Manchester United

2. Manchester City

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

6. Tottenham

7. Newcastle

8. Everton

9. Aston Villa

10. Sunderland

Plenty of signings to be made before the transfer window closes though, which could change this. There are a few big players that have been linked with two (or more) of the top clubs.

Man City or Man Utd will win the league, Chelsea will never win with Di Matteo in charge. Too reliant on Torres whom is a great player but I doubt he will deliver for 38 games. He will score 18-22 goals if on form, but his general play has dropped too much for him to find it back.

What do you mean by 'general play'? I think as an all-round player he was excellent for most of last season, even though he wasn't scoring and was clearly lacking in confidence. He does seem to have lost some pace, but he's coming into this season on the back of a successful European Championship and knows he's not got Drogba breathing down his neck this season. However, that's not to say that Chelsea won't bring in someone like Cavani, which may unsettle him, or that his confidence won't plummet again due to ongoing criticism and an inability to finish chances early in the season.

1. Manchester City

2. Manchester Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

Quelle surprise

6. Everton

7. Newcastle

8. Spurs

9. Fulham

10. ?

Though let's be honest, 9th to about 16th is usually much of a muchness anyway.

FWIW, Wrist Ham, Soton and Stoke* to go down. We'll finish a comfortable 12th.

I realised one of the great things about the Olympics rolling on so late (aside from the Olympics themselves) - was that the usual "this is TOTALLY going to be liverpool's/newcastle's/QPR's/Leeds' year" nonsense that we have to put up (mostly through the media, whose seem hell bent on getting my heckles up) has been condensed into 2 manageable days. Thank Christ.

*I put Stoke down as I think they're well on their way to becoming the draw masters that we aspired to be last year. Also, notable mention to Swansea - if only because Laudrup wouldn't feel me with any confidence if he started his first press conference with "well, I've never seen them play, but I've heard good things"...

1. Man United

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. Fulham

10. QPR

11. Aston Villa

I think this will be the top 10 come May. But I would swap QPR and Villa. And Newcastle to be 7th.

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Newcastle

7. Spurs

8. Liverpool

9. Aston Villa

10.Fulham

If I was doing a top 10 it would probably be this tbh.

I still think City will win the league and I think Everton are going to have a really good season from start to finish. Tight defensively, Pienaar fits into their style of player and they look like they finally have a consistant goalscorer in Jelavic.

Newcastle are still strong, I don't think last year was a fluke but seasons of transitions at Spurs and Liverpool.

After the top 8 it's a much of a muchness tbh. We were poor today but string a few wins together and you'll be in the top half, it will be that sort of season I think.

Â