Anyone heading to portland?

skipvilla1

ive not been impressed by what ive seen of gardner and carruthers if im honest

Yeah, they seem to rely heavily on the better players around them to play well. Lambert did a good thing this half playing lots of the youth to see just how much is talent and how much is Ireland and that lot propping them up.

Gardner didn't really see much of the ball, but he nothing to impose himself on the game. Same vs. Chicago, I'm afraid. He has failed to improve since he made his 1st team debut. I'm losing optimism that he'll succeed.

Great game, really enjoyed that. Great first half with a majority of that XI more than likely being the XI that start at West Ham. The second half was also great to watch, nice to see Lichaj play well, Lowton did pretty well and N'Zogbia played better. Ireland, Holman, Bannan and El Ahmadi are all on the same wavelength which is great to see and the promising thing is, is that with Bent and Gabby fully fit and firing we may be a threat this season. That was a lot of fun to watch and the best thing to take away from the game is that everyone was playing pass and move football, which is what needs to happen every game from now on.

I thought Delfouneso really started to look good as the match went on too.

Yeah he was really busting a gut to get involved and show that he wants a place in the team, which was great to see - lots of tracking back, coming deep to get the ball. I think Lambert wants to utilise him differently than our previous managers, using his touch and technique to help build attacks rather than just be an out-and-out striker.

Â