Anyone heading to portland?

skipvilla1

Bannan, Carruthers, Zoggy scored pens, can't remember the other two I was so tired watching it.

Really enjoyed the game, such a fast pace to it and lovely triangle passing movement with Bannan the standout for me, he was class.

Also really encouraged by the Ireland/KEA partership through the middle, I noticed a couple of times in the first half KEA bombing forward and Ireland only too happy to sit in and cover. It looks like Ireland is picking up where he left off last season.

Lichaj and Gardner were the other pen scorers.

Collins did a few big hoofs early in the match but settled down after that. It's very obvious that Lambert is using a central midfielder, on this occasion Bannan, to come very deep to collect the ball and bring it out of defence. It makes for a bit of nervousness while the defenders faff about with the ball in front of goal, but once it's on its way its in a far safer pair of hands than the usual Collins/Warnock hoof.

Just watching this on Youtube. Have to say we look OK, not quite sure if I'd be singing our praises quite so much as others on here. Playing very narrow (which is fine) but can't help remembering one of the OGS training videos when we're all hyped over him.

"Shoot! F***ing shoot! How are you going to score if you don't shoot?!"

I love the intricate passing but don't think the likes of N'Zogbia and Bannan should be thinking twice about shooting if they have a chance on the edge of the area.

Â