General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. I can assure everyone that the Intertoto tickets on sale at Villa Park (Season Ticket and Match Day) will be extremely fair. We recognize the hardships that are on-going w/regards to the economy and will set the prices to not cause undue problems. We have little or no control over other stadiums but we do have it at Villa Park.

2. stewiek2: Please give Nicky Keye a call and explain the situation. I am sure she has heard of it and may be able to help sort it.

3. The train stations....I will check to see if they are going to be painted. I know we were moving forward on that initiative but may have run into some problems with the Council or Rail System.

4. We do recognize the problem with the PA system and will be fixing it.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Having observed MON both at Villa Park and at Bodymoor Heath, I think he does enjoy the Villa. He has a very good relationship with Randy, he has a superb set-up at the training ground, he has surrounded himself with good coaches and physios and he admires the players. He has steadily seen improvement in play as well as facilities and infrastructure and knows that he has an owner that will back him when he goes looking for players. At the same time, I have never talked to MON about his view on "longevity" at Villa and I wouldn't. That sort of conversation is 1) something that will take place with his wife and 2) something that will take place with Randy.

General Krulak here:

1. Auction still on hold as we determine if there will be a use for the "old" sinage.

2. Mrs "K" will be ready for the Intertoto! She has been working out with the first team and is looking good...she could use a little more height but at the age of 63, I am afraid her growing spurt is over. I have purchased some platform boots for her to try and compensate. :clap:

General, you are an absolute legend. Thank you for being here.

Evening General,

are there any plans to help develop this area? It doesn't look too bad from the air but err I'm not sure how I can say it other than it's a complete dump to walk through. I know you can't reach everywhere and redevelop all of Birmingham and I also understand this is a commercial area so there are limits on what can be done but it is rather intimidating for people walking through this area.

Thanks! :)

Evening General,

are there any plans to help develop this area? It doesn't look too bad from the air but err I'm not sure how I can say it other than it's a complete dump to walk through. I know you can't reach everywhere and redevelop all of Birmingham and I also understand this is a commercial area so there are limits on what can be done but it is rather intimidating for people walking through this area.

Thanks! :)

I think you may need this number 0121 303 1111 and ask for regeneration. Its mostly council owned as a lot of it used to have social housing on it. I would rather my club spend money on Villa rather than on doing what the council should be doing.

General Krulak here:

1. We normally don't have a lot of banter over Browns and Villa games....we are focused on winning each. MON is focused on his game and the Head Coach of the Browns is focused on his game. At the end of the weekend, we may say a few words but, for the most part, each side of the ocean is concentrating on their next game.

2. We recognize that there are areas around Villa park that need some "regeneration" but, in reality, we just can't go throwing money at things that really do not come within our remit. I would imagine that most fans would not appreciate their Club spending money on regeneration of parts of B'ham to the detriment of spending on their Club.

Generaal, what I have noticed is that recently there have been a lot of open days and tours around Aston being publicised in the Mail and we have been at the forefront ...

I presume this is something we are trying to lead in and trying to improve the image of the area ?

General....

What do you think to suggestions in the media that Martin O'Neill can be very difficult to deal with when it comes to transfers as he very rarely has his phone switched on/answers his calls. Are you aware of this being true? Would you agree that it makes signing players more difficult?

General Krulak here:

1. Villa is certainly trying to be good neighbors with the surrounding area...and are purposely trying to lead from the front in this effort.

2. I have not read any suggestions in the media that MON keeps his phones switched off or that he doesn't answer his calls...BUT, that doesn't mean that such stories have not been written. Since I am not around MON when he gets a call, I cannot truthfully answer your question. I do know that when we call, he either answers or gets right back to us. I am not at all sure how the media comes up with this stuff...perhaps they try to call MON and he doesn't answer. Fancy that!!! I cannot imagine a player we are courting calling MON and not getting a "Hello, this is MON...can I be of help?"

General Krulak here:

I cannot imagine a player we are courting calling MON and not getting a "Hello, this is MON...can I be of help?"

Does he call himself MON then? :shock: :winkold:

General,

I've noticed that we have three clear leaders who each take a different approach to running Aston Villa;

One (MON) is involved in front line hostilities with other clubs.

One (Randy Lerner) is involved in stabilising and building a better infrastrucure and securing a long term brighter future.

One (General C C Krulak) is involved in constantly monitoring and influencing the indigenous population.

Now a strategy like that needs front line people who can react quickly, I notice we have no CEO, but have a number of lower ranking employees who have the ability to react and make decisions independently in order to give us agility and speed of action. I like to think of them as Strategic Corporals.

General, had you noticed that you were running Villa Park on the same principles as a three block war?

ne cras, ne cras as I believe I've heard Doug Ellis mutter of late.

:lol:

General Krulak here:

1. We normally don't have a lot of banter over Browns and Villa games....we are focused on winning each. MON is focused on his game and the Head Coach of the Browns is focused on his game. At the end of the weekend, we may say a few words but, for the most part, each side of the ocean is concentrating on their next game.

I think you misread my question. I always thought that MON was a big big Buffalo Bills fan. Its still fairly uncommon on this side of the pond to be a fan of Gridiron and as far as im aware MON has been for years. I could be horribly mistaken of course, but i was under the impression that MON was a fan to the point where he is actually the proud owner of a fully signed Bills shirt.

So i was wondering if you guys wound each other up whenever the Browns play the Buffalo Bills. Going by your answer, even though it wasnt to the question i asked, i guess you dont though!

General Krulak here:

1. OutbyEaster: You are one smart bloke! You have basically hit the nail squarely on the head!! MON is at the tactical level...butting heads everyday and handing out the medals and decorations and reserving the right to discipline when necessary. Randy is operating at the Strategic Level...he has his hands on our twin touchstones....proud history, bright future. He is the the thinker and the Commanding General...able to influence the battle at a moment's notice. I am at the Operational Level...the link between the Tactical and the Strategic..."taking the temperature", listening and feeding info in both directions. We do not have a CEO but we have an Ops Officer (Paul Faulkner) who is coordinating the efforts of the "Strategic Corporals" who make Villa work....they are people you know well...operating the ticketing, store, catering, hospitality, media, security, health and safety, people matters, grounds, stadium, sales, marketing, etc, etc. etc. Paul has worked directly for Randy and I for many years and has our trust and confidence. He, plus the "Strategic Corporals", know they can make decisions and call on us at any time, day or night. We all carry communication devices and are readily available. We would rather our people make decisions and err every so often than to be too afraid to make decisions at all. By the way, what do you do in "real life"?

2. The_Rev: I do not think the issue of the Bills has come up yet. Not sure that would be a real winner to talk about.

I think you misread my question. I always thought that MON was a big big Buffalo Bills fan. Its still fairly uncommon on this side of the pond to be a fan of Gridiron and as far as im aware MON has been for years. I could be horribly mistaken of course, but i was under the impression that MON was a fan to the point where he is actually the proud owner of a fully signed Bills shirt.

So i was wondering if you guys wound each other up whenever the Browns play the Buffalo Bills. Going by your answer, even though it wasnt to the question i asked, i guess you dont though!

Perhaps of interest: the Browns play the Bills on Nov. 17 at 8:30pm US time (so 1:30am in the UK)... the game in question will be broadcast on five. Unfortunately that comes right between the Arsenal and Man Utd games, so I doubt Randy would let MON take in a game from the visiting owners' box in Buffalo.

We would rather our people make decisions and err every so often than to be too afraid to make decisions at all. By the way, what do you do in "real life"?

"Better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission": the words I live by

Hello General,

I noticed on the official site that the people who are involved with putting the match programme together are working hard on the coming season's format. I usually get a programme when I go to the game (although that's only a few times a season as I live abroad)and I have no complaints about the content which is pretty decent, but I was disappointed by the cover last season. I understand the club went for a traditional look, but that kind of renders the process of collecting them a bit futile. The thing about keeping old programmes is that when you go to have a look at them in a few years time the fact that they look dated adds to the nostalgia. Although artistically there is nothing innovative about having shots of players on the cover it does add to the memories of the period it was taken in when you pick up the programme at a later date. Having the same cover for every match is...well....a bit dull.

So my question is this, what are the plans for this season? Will the front cover be along the same lines as last year, repeating the design for all home matches, or will it change every game?

I know it's not the most important thing on the agenda, just a personal point of interest.

Thank you for your time, as ever.

Keep up the good work you and everyone else is doing at Villa Park. I'm really looking forward to next season.