General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. VillaN.I: No, that would not be correct. The legal department is involved in all aspects of the transfer season...whether we are talking about buying or selling....expat or UK...advance stage or just beginning. The quicker the legal department is involved, the better. It is NOT an indication that something is eminent.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to say general, that i applaud our stance regarding barry...

either way now, whether he goes or stays, we cannot lose out... and the message we have sent out regarding how we deal with "bullys", is priceless...

not to mention quite amusing watching plop and their idiot delusional fans squirm over how skint they are...

Hey General,

I know its closed season but can you have a word with the boys who are in charge of AVTV Online. I'm paying the same amount this month as I would do during the season but there's been hardly any new videos recently. I think we've been lucky to get 1 a week. I understand the season is over but there should be more regular updates for us paying customers.

Cheers.

I'm going back to New Zealand tomorrow General (I lived there for a year when I was 18). I'm back 9th July, just in time to see us start off on our (hopefully lengthy) European adventure. I look looking forward to coming back on here every now and then to see who the Daily Star has made up that we're going to sign, and hopefully some real news of transfers too. Keep up the good work while I'm away.

I had some more scan results the other day by the way, and again they were clear, which was nice.

Are you going to have any time for a holiday this summer?

2. Activity continues in the Transfer arena. MON remains busy and so do his coaches and our legal department. It is too soon for any announcements but just know that the lack of word does not connote lack of activity.

Thank you

General Krulak here:

1. Paddy: So happy to hear the scans are clear...an answer to prayer. Have a great trip and get back home for the game. No, we do not have a vacation planned this summer.

2. Acorns: It is all pretty much out by now. Simply put, we had some offers for shirt sponsors but we did not believe they valued the Villa name to the degree we wanted. Although the money was greater than our last sponsor, like the Barry situation, we had a figure in mind and we were not going to sell our name for less than that figure. All along Randy has been very interested in the great work that Acorns does...and has been touched by the children they help. Even before the "numbers" came in on the sponsor offers, Randy was wondering what the Club could do to really help Acorns. A direct contribution was considered but that was not "lasting" to the degree desired. Randy finally decided to form the partnership with Acorns and the director of that charity asked that we not make a direct contribution but that we move forward with the name on the shirt. They felt, as do we, that the publicity will more than equal any direct contribution. Even now, that has proven to be true. More importantly, the future will be great....our players in Europe this summer, in the Premiership this coming season AND, most importantly, our Fans as walking advertisments for this wonderful Charity. We are very pleased and so are Acorns.

Hey General,

I know its closed season but can you have a word with the boys who are in charge of AVTV Online. I'm paying the same amount this month as I would do during the season but there's been hardly any new videos recently. I think we've been lucky to get 1 a week. I understand the season is over but there should be more regular updates for us paying customers.

Cheers.

General, I know somebody has mentioned this before but I have not seen any response to it (I have probably missed it though).

Could we setup a number of collection boxes/tins/buckets in all of the stands - including the away sections and have a published league table for clubs who have come to Villa and how much the relevant fans have donated. Would be a bit of fun but also help Acorns financially

I for one would not have a problem volunteering a couple hours of my time before the match kicks off by having a collection box / tin / bucket. And would ask for nothing in return as I am already a season ticket holder.

Russ

General,

I could be completely wrong, but i am under the impression that it is still not possible to purchase tickets in the city centre shop.

Are there plans to actually sell tickets here, as it would be a lot easier and convenient for many people to purchase tickets at the shop.

Apologies if this one has already been cleared up or i'm talking a load of bollox

Hey General,

Cheers.

This.

Im about to cancel it to be honest, so little updates to be worth the money.

Hello General

I think maybe you missed this in all the Barry stuff, so here goes again........

Hello General hope you are well -

On the Q & A for SCG 5 on the OS it is stated by the Club that fans leave "remarkably quickly" after a game.

We have no choice !!!!!!! The Stewards throw us out within minutes of the final whistle.

I've never understood why, particularly since you came to the Club I recall you saying you were looking at ways of getting fans to spend longer at the ground.

Why not let us stay in, miss the traffic, put Sky Sports on and open a kiosk ?

Thanks for listening..

General,

Do we ever learn anything from previous transfer windows and change our behaviour/process accordingly?

I'm just wondering why every window seems to begin and end the same, ie. club acknowledges we need a bigger, better squad, activity takes a lot longer to happen than elsewhere, club makes a few signings but net numbers are same/lower, club states that the transfer targets were not easy to come by, club says that it will be addressed in Jan/summer, repeat, repeat...

Sometimes, paying a bit more to get signings in nice and early, to allow them to settle, can be a good investment.

Randy has been great for this club but a lot of faith - and money - has been made available in return and patience will wear thin if we nous up the route into Europe because we won't go the extra mile to get good players in early.

I feel better for getting that off my chest.

General,

Bit of a 'PS'.

I know you don't like answering transfer-related questions, but I'm sure you've gathered by now how important signings are to the fans? Whether the Board like it or not, part of the commercial allure of the Premier League is the speculation and sensation that goes with transfer activity. The reason you are asked so many questions is that Randy doesnt speak to the fans directly and MON doesnt like to dilvuge his thoughts.

You and the Board really need to think about how you address this issue. Saying words to the affect of 'we like to conduct our business behind closed doors' is professional, you're right, but we, the fans, who pay the wages and support the club's existence (along with Randy) want to know what's going on, what kind of players we're looking at (positions and numbers would be a start) and 'where we are'.

I'm sorry if this reality doesnt meet with the way the Board likes things to be done, but the reality of high petrol prices doesnt meet with the way I like to drive my car. That's just tough, isnt it?

Thanks - it's great to be able to discuss matters like this with Board members direct. I'm sorry if it's a bit difficult but it's not all going to be 'number of season tickets sold to-date' or 'directions to the train station' questions, is it?

On the subject of AVTV, I signed up to it again last summer after a call from the people selling it. I use a Mac rather than a PC, and during the 2006/7 season couldn't hear the commentaries or watch the videos. I was assured that the website would be updated for 2007/8 so signed up for another year - living abroad it would be great for me to have the service.

The promise never came true and so I've spent getting on for £70 in the last two years and had only normal website access for the privilege. It's disappointing to say the least...

General,

Another of those "You probably missed this in the middle of all the pointless Barry/Transfer questions" posts from me.

Thanks in advance

RG

General,

A few questions from me:

1) Holte Hotel pre-match - Will the club continue with the invites next season ? We have three season tickets and have had two of them for decades however neither myself, my mum or my gran have ever been invited in before a game.

2) Bodymoor Heath - I've seen you state that groups of people cannot get to look around. What does one have to do to get an individual invite/appointment to look around ?

General,

Bit of a 'PS'.

I know you don't like answering transfer-related questions, but I'm sure you've gathered by now how important signings are to the fans? Whether the Board like it or not, part of the commercial allure of the Premier League is the speculation and sensation that goes with transfer activity. The reason you are asked so many questions is that Randy doesnt speak to the fans directly and MON doesnt like to dilvuge his thoughts.

You and the Board really need to think about how you address this issue. Saying words to the affect of 'we like to conduct our business behind closed doors' is professional, you're right, but we, the fans, who pay the wages and support the club's existence (along with Randy) want to know what's going on, what kind of players we're looking at (positions and numbers would be a start) and 'where we are'.

I'm sorry if this reality doesnt meet with the way the Board likes things to be done, but the reality of high petrol prices doesnt meet with the way I like to drive my car. That's just tough, isnt it?

Thanks - it's great to be able to discuss matters like this with Board members direct. I'm sorry if it's a bit difficult but it's not all going to be 'number of season tickets sold to-date' or 'directions to the train station' questions, is it?

General, I would like to say that I think that how we conduct our business is how we should be conducting it.