General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I can almost picture you shaking your head whilst reading some of the comments on this thread.

Can I just say that I have 100% faith that MON/Randy will obtain the best deal possible for our departing Captain and 100% faith that they will obtain better replacements. AVFC is much bigger than one man. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

With Barry on the way out of the door, the squad which was one of, if not the tiniest in the premiership is now 6 men down

So we need 6 players to just be on level terms with our tiny squad, which we were lucky to not suffer an injruy crisis, or our progress would have been signinifcantly halted.

We will potentially be playing around 10 - 15 more games next season, therefore needing an even bigger squad, what is your personal opinion on how many players you'd like to see us sign this summer?

sorry if it has already been mentioned but would aston villa consider a few times per year, having 'testamonials' type games for 'fallen' villains?

i appreciate that to even hold a game at villa park costs alot to fund, however if maybe at the start of each season, a parade and fund raising event to show off the summers new captures in the transfer window, to show off the new seasons footy kit and a 'testamonial' match were all included and any 'profits' were given to selected fallen villains?

bully has posted a fund raising event for paul birch ( a vil a hero of mine in the 80's and early 90's) who has tragically got cancer.

there must be several players who in years gone by, played and gave their all for the club, especially in times where pay was certainly not what it is now.

im not talking of these matches for players who gambled fortunes or snorted fortunes, but there are several heros who have fallen on hard times.

i know aston villa is not a charity, however for the enjoyment past players have given thousands upon thousands, to celebrate their efforts and to reward them in later life or dire financial difficulties, maybe it is an idea which could be run passed the big guy? ( no i dont mean paul mcgrath).

Hello General hope you are well -

On the Q & A for SCG 5 on the OS it is stated by the Club that fans leave "remarkably quickly" after a game.

We have no choice !!!!!!! The Stewards throw us out within minutes of the final whistle.

I've never understood why, particularly since you came to the Club I recall you saying you were looking at ways of getting fans to spend longer at the ground.

Why not let us stay in, miss the traffic, put Sky Sports on and open a kiosk ?

Hi General,

Not going back on the tapping up saga, but could we please sell him soon!!!!

Everything about the club seems to have been side tracked by this whole affair. No player is bigger than the club, but all this Liverpool/Barry thing is, in my opinion, starting to distract from our team rebuilding program.

Point is, hes our player...we have two years on his contract, if we dont get a reasonable offer, then he stays a Villa player. And all this rubbish his agent is saying, means noithing. No decent offer has materealised, so thats it!

I really think we need closure on this. And perhaps a time limit should be in place...whereby, if we have not recieved a decent enough offer, then Barry is told he is stopping. We owe him nothing, he owes us the earth...we made him!!!

Also....

Royal Marines or Marine Corps, whos the daddy? :P

I have had a beer or two, but i think the general wont mind me posting that :

I love this Club, we are starting to move forward. I love Martin Oneil, and he is the man i want in charge of theis team. It pretty good that we have one of the top people running the club who will converse with us, i know of no other club that has this opertunity.

We all feel the set backs and the frustration sometimes, i can imagine Randy and Mon are a bit at the moment.

We have been in a lot worse times than this, we will have to try and be patient. But whe we get where Randy wants us to be, as long as it takes, we will all have earned it and it will taste just as sweet.

And i have had a premonition that a young lad called Nathan Delfouneso will play for the first team, and will excite us all.

General, regardless of some recent set backs there are many people who are jealous of this club. And we only want people wearing the shirt who realise that this is where they can make their playing dreams happen.

Up the Villa, and let all the shite not detract from the fact that the big 3 '+1' know we are right behind them.

And we play bloody entertaining football.

Pat Mon and Randy on the back for me, patience don't exist in football, but when we get where we want to be, we will all laugh at how much time we wasted not just enjoying the evolution.

The club is bigger than us all. And we all just want the best for it.

General, as i'm sure you'll know, some people will always be pessimistic & sometimes down right rude & idiotic on this thread. I want to tell you that I, and many other Villa fans back you, Randy & MON 100%. There will be alot of silly posts on this thread when Barry leaves (If those scumbags can find the money) but hopefully you can ignore them & carry on the great work you are doing.

And I know you don't talk about transfers but tell MON to keep an eye on Rafael Van Der Vaart, Klass-Jan Huntelaar, Miguel Veloso & Joao Moutinho. :winkold: :winkold: :)

Id like to know if we even bother looking or making offers for these sorts of players or do we think we are too smalltime to even bother.

General Krulak here:

1. I am back from my trip and see that I have many questions...most focused on the Barry issue and the Transfer season. As you all know, I have no part in transfers...MON and Randy have that in their remit. At the same time, let me try to shed some light on comments made...and I will get to other questions asked, later.

a) Barry. I am not sure what you want the Club to say that we haven't already said. MON has clearly and succinctly stated 1) We do NOT want Barry to leave. We have made this abundently clear to him from a financial standpoint and a "future CL" standpoint. 2) MON has categorically and emphatically REJECTED ALL offers made for Barry by Liverpool. ALL of this has been reported in the media on MULTIPLE occasions. It is no secret that Barry wants to play in the CL and has made that clear to the Club. IF and I only say IF Barry leaves, it will be at OUR price...NOT some other Club's price! Simple as that! We will NOT be dictated to by another Club.

b. We are deeply into the transfer business. MON is talking to players, to Agents, and to other Clubs. Just because your Club does NOT conduct our business in the local papers does not mean that MON is "kicking back" in a pub in Europe having a cold lager!! He is doing what every other manager is doing....dealing for players. The fact that one Club or two has picked up a player does NOT mean that the rest of the Managers in the Premiership (to include MON) are somehow not doing the job. This sort of discussion is meaningless when someone just takes a moment to think about what they are saying....that somehow Managers aren't working this month.

c. Surprisingly, MON CAN COUNT!!!! He knows the number of players on his Squad and knows how many play on the Pitch at one time. He also knows when our competition begins. Equally if not more important, his job depends on him being able to count....which is more than I can say about MY job!!! Don't you think that on the 12th of June we can cut him a wee bit of slack and agree that he knows we need players and he knows when the Intertoto begins.

d. Being made to look like a "small" Club because we haven't gone to the FA over Liverpool. First off, that is an assumption!! No one on this site knows what the Club has done and no one will. I have said on more than one occasion that your Club does not act like that...we do not air our gripes and moans in public. That being said, that does not mean that we haven't said something. The key point is that whatever has been done, it has been done professionally and according to what real sportmen do...which is not run our issues thru the B'ham Mail.

e. evnsj6. I think I have pretty much answered your post. Now answer mine: What did you mean by "Board arguments"???? I am sure you were not talking about our Board. We have a great Board....most have worked with each other for years....and there has not been a single "argument" within our Board since its inception.

f. Focus: I can assure you that NO ONE at Villa Park or at Bodymoor Heath is losing their focus because of the Barry saga. It is just another player transaction...and is being dealt with like anyone else. The fans may find it a huge distraction but we don't. It is, indeed, a saga!!! All sagas have a beginning and an end....and this one will too. The person who loses his/her focus over something like this will never be very successful. MON and his leaders know what needs to be done...Barry is a piece of the puzzle BUT not the entire puzzle. This saga will end and when it does, it will end under our terms, NOT another Club's.

This is my first post on this thread! I just want to say keep up the good work General!

What a fantastic club Aston Villa is turning out to be with you Sir, Randy, MON and the other boardmembers steering the ship!

I´m bloody loving it. For the first time I can remember we wont be held ransom.

Damn, I cant get the smile out of my face! :notworthy:

General Krulak here:

IF and I only say IF Barry leaves, it will be at OUR price...NOT some other Club's price! Simple as that! We will NOT be dictated to by another Club.

General I just want to say that this is the kind of statement that makes me proud and happy that you, MON and Randy are at our club. Keep up the good work.

Hi General,

Thanks for the reply, and no I wasnt saying our board were arguing, I was on about the Liverpool Fued, my appologies for the confusion.

And the statements have reasured me a lot, thank you very much for taking the time out, as you can see a lot of us Villa Fans are speaking from the Heart and not thinking with our heads first.

I will endevour to sit back and try and enjoy the Euros, but I just hate the summer and the waiting!!!!!!! I need some sort of hibernation chamber.

But again general , Thanks for the reassurance, UTV.

General, a measured but significant response on behalf of our club. Thank you for your continued demonstration of professionalism and passion. Believe me after such a long time it is appreciated.