General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Yeah it's worth looking at in the future. I'd buy the channel, but seems pointless at the moment.

General, as CEO does that mean Randy's gonna be more hands on with transfers and things? I have no idea what went on with Fitzgerald but I am glad Randy's decided to get more stuck in. I like how he doesn't make it all about him but it is his football club so it's nice for him to get involved.

I know you can't mention names and I know MON is having a well deserved break from things, but are there a few things underway with players and transfers?

And completely unrelated to the actual situation, do you personally think Gareth will stay, not based on talks or anything, but your general belief?

Oh and only seen the picture of you doing the 5-1 to the Birmingham losers, and with your Mellberg hat on...classic :D The pig in the mud was nearly crying as the fans of that club finally realised what a clown he is...though I know you cannot confirm that second sentiment for fear of Sky running onto the site and quoting you again :D

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

All this constant talk about Gareth Barry is starting to really annoy me

I have praised you on many occasions about the way you and Randy have ran this club, and in all fairness it has been run well.

You have quite blatantly got a case of one manager talking rubbish and tapping one of our players up. Another club quite blatantly (and i hate to say it) taking the mickey out of us, yet we do nothing. Why havent we complained to uefa like man utd have, why havent we come out in the media and slagged off this shower from liverpool. Im sorry for using bad language (that's OK - Ed) but its utter rubbish the whole thing is.

We are being taken for utter mugs yet MON or Randy wont come out, strap a pair on, and tell it like it is - 'Go away liverpool'

Im telling you now, if Barry is swapped for the likes of Pennant, Crouch, Carson (especially Carson, because he is utter rubbish) then expect a fans backlash.

Im sorry, but it is about time someone said it like it is. The only way we are going to move forward as a club is by acting like a big club.

P.s Tell martin we havent got a goalkeeper or a right back, or a right midfielder for next season..

Thankyou,,

UpTheVilla

BOF : Please show a bit of respect with your choice of language when talking to the General.

General i appreciate any attempt you have made to keep Barry but after his statement tonight it seems like he is definitely looking for a move, please lets not get ripped off here, if we have to lose our best player then lets at least do it with pride. UTV.

Hi General.

I visited Wembley for the England v USA game yesterday.

I went into the store there and was suprised to see that they were selling Villa shirts.

In fact the only shirts being sold from clubs outside London were Man U, Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa.

A good sign that we are getting our brand recognised!

With regard to your interest in the distribution of shirts,,, I can say that up here in scotland I cant remember the last time I saw a villa shirt for sale, ive always had to buy mine through mail order.

Well Gen, hope your well, have you any idea when the next round of talks will be with Gareth Barry? Also says on some website that the new kits won't be released till August is that true!Thanks Gen, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the answer regarding TV. And yes, like anything, you have to sort out priorities first.

On another note, and i dont want to put you in position here General..but its something that i, and a lot of fans want answering, if possible.

Through statements made to the media, and on the clubs website by Benitez, its blatently obvious that a campaign has been in place to unsettle a contracted player of another club, which is against FA rules.

A lot of us feel, that if we had reported Liverpool, then this Barry transfer saga may not of reached the situation it has now.

Could you explain the reasoning to why, they were not reported. Especially when its the clubs stated intention of wanting to keep hold of the player?

General what is your stance on the price of our shirts and full replica kits as it has bought us some bad press in the red tops as we are the most expensive, with the figure of a full kit (shirts shorts and socks) being at £75. The pricing of the shirt is still high after a season ticket reduction and with better prices being offered by sports stores this is surely a marketing issue that the villa should be concerned about as people will be buying the kit in a general sports shop instead of visiting an offical villa shop where they will be more likely to buy oter villa merchandise. the problem that makes teh price more of an issue is the fact that the shirts are for one season so is there a possibility in the future that we will have the same shirt for two seasons. I understand the need for the prices being a business student but being the highest price in the premiership market of kits and being undercut in price by general sports stores (it was £5 cheaper last year) seems very strange piece of pricing strategy.

However i still want to say thanks for all the great work put in that has helped to transform the club back to where it should be and although i have raised the pricing issue i still think that we have by far the best board of any football club going as you approach everything in the right way and listen to the fans as well as also showing passion when in attendance at the villa!

Can we bring the August kit date forward? It's ridiculous and we get stuck with that every single season.

I agree, I want to be wearing my Villa shirt on the 1st day of the season - Mid July this year. Are there some sort of contractual reasons as to why we always have to wait so long to get our shirts?

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and MON are NOT "taking a break." They have been in communications on a daily basis and Randy is over there right now. NOT TO WORRY!!!

2. Doug Ellis is doing fine. I see him at every game.

3. V111AFC: Wow...why don't you tell us how your really feel???? Simply put, neither Randy, MON nor I give a tinker's damn about how the media have dealt with the rumors involving Liverpool, etc. There is not a single fan (to include V111AFC) who know what the reality is re. Liverpool and their interest in Barry. What the media may say...how they put forth their views...how they operate during these transfer windows...all are out of our control and therefore we spend minimal time on it. Fans may think folks are taking the "mickey" out of the Club but NONE of us feel that way. I am sorry if there are fans who do feel that way but...it is what it is. Our WHOLE sense is that of a BIG Club...and whinging and whining about Liverpool or another Club is NOT something that we would do.

Good to see were too busy dealing with our captain and potential signings to stump to Liverpool's level! Can you confirm the shirt releases are in August again Gen?

General, I have to admit that the way Liverpool has handled the Barry situation in the press has truly aggravated me. But your answer just above was brilliant. You are right of course. I truly admire the way the club have handled it and even more admire the way you have handled the matter on this board. Thanks,

General ,

Do the press get free drinks at Villa Park when they attend the games ? On another point keep noticing our local reporter Bill Howell keeps reporting on Paul Faulkner being American when the blokes from Chester could we put them right and ask them is their any chance they can report something accurately for a change .

Hows the work going on the Trinity ?