General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Just like to say General that I think the price increases are fair and represent excellent value for money, especially when you consider the ever improving product on display and the cost of our competitors.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I am satisfied with the adult season ticket price rises and whilst it doesn't impact me, I can certainly empathise with those with children as the price rises in some instances are huge. People have price expectations and when a sudden upwards shift is announced then you can't help but question how someone came to the pricing conclusions that they did. Especially when these are the future of the club.

I do appreciate that the kids prices are low any way but is there no way that the club could add some "extra's" to the kids price to make the rise more pallatable as I do think the club, for a couple of seasons at least, could alienate some of our fan base which would be a shame. I am thinking of a home shirt or training top etc... At cost price to the club, I'm sure the cost would be low but it would save the average family a sufficient amount to make the price rise less extreme.

Thanks

Tom

I can promise you, someone will buy your seat...they just will.

So that is your attitude to fans who can no longer afford it is it?

Basically I don't matter to Aston Villa anymore because you've outpriced us and can have somebody else in our place anyway.

I've supported this football club for over twenty years and all you can do is slap me and my family in the face when we are already down.

Spot on mate. Me and my dad stood on the Holte End back in the 80's in a crowd under 9,000. Won't be able to afford it much next season and knowing how the club think of us as ''easily replaceable'' by johnny come lately's because we have a decent team now, to be honest hurts.

General, just a quick point (for information purposes only) on my earlier post concerning the U21 season ticket prices.

My concern was on the basis of the prices that these young people who occupy these particular seats will be faced with as they will as yet not be high earners or may in fact be students. As an adult in that area myself, I am fully aware of the value for money we are getting and my suggestion would be in the future that we as adults would be better placed to manage a larger price rise than would the younger fans who happen to sit in the same area now. That I suggest could still produce the same income for the club from these areas.

I fully appreciate that you get what you pay for and in our case we get a much better deal than anyone else in anything near to similar circumstances. These tickets represent real value for money and I'm sure nobody would want you to take away the impression that Randy has been anything other than as good as his word to us. Both you and Randy have delivered big time and I want you to know that we are proud to have you running our great football club and back you 110%!

I stood on the Holte in the 60's and as a child it cost me 2/6 old money, that's just twelve and a half pence !

Quite a jump to todays prices, but still the best value in the Prem, it beats me how anyone can complain about the Villa ticket prices!

I have a mate who has had to remorgage his house to buy him and his two kids his new Chelsea season tickets. Get real lad's.

it beats me how anyone can complain about the Villa ticket prices!

Because some people can't afford £30+ per ticket, thats why.

I have a mate who has had to remorgage his house to buy him and his two kids his new Chelsea season tickets. Get real lad's.

So it should be expected that anyone who can't really afford it goes to extreme lengths to watch what 75% of the time is a load of crap? Just so a tiny minority of the population can get richer and richer.

This is not a discussion thread. Anything further will be deleted. Please keep it on topic for QUESTIONS for General Krulak

im quite satisfied with my price rise...

works out to be about £1.20 a match...

its unfortunate that prices have to rise, but it is unrealistic to expect them not to rise, especially given the price freeze over the last few years...

mod - 2 of my posts removed ...by a mod...admittedly not questions for the General.....
Well that might explain it, then.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR POSTERS TO DEBATE WITH EACH OTHER. There is a long thread on ticket prices already. All views are allowed. none are censored for their views. Posts not adhering to the site rules will be deleted and posters carded if you can't help the site run smoothly and respect our requests. Contact a mod if you have a problem. Blandy

General, this is my first post post villa- brum derby and am happy to say i am pleased to call myself a villa fan as i have been since Lerner has taken over the club and especially so with our recent performances... being nothing far from a magical season what ever the outcome...

Anyway my question for you- How would you personally describe the clubs backing to MON in the next transfer window whatever the outcome of the season... will european qualification entitle Oneill with improved funds or will the funds remain the same whatever the outcome?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort General... doing a smashing job :D

Just another quick message of support for the price rises, General. We're still going to be getting incredible value for money, particularly with the constant improvement and development at the club. I'm just thinking where we'll be next year and it will all be worth it.

I can't remember if I've ever posted in this thread before, but if not, thank you so much for everything you and Randy have done for this club. Thinking about Villa just makes me happy now and we can finally hold our heads up high again. This season has given me some moments that I will never forget. It's an honour and a privilege to be directly addressing a man of your standing.

General,

I am bitterly disappointed with the clubs approach to the pricing structure of next seasons tickets. On the official site I saw lots of figures but no mention of over a 60% rise in certain tickets. A rise of £170 in one season has never happened before. The club seems to pride itself in low ticket prices but if this years prices develop into a trend we will have no such claim. Why are Aston Villa modeling its ticket prices on other teams? Surely the club has the ingenuity to make its own decision. While I am pleased with other prices in the stadium, it appears that you are attempting to turn thousands of the best views in the house to exclusive seats with concessions being the first to be priced out.

If I decide to move from the Trinity Upper to the Holte due to the new price structure, will the club enable others like myself a period to select a half decent seat in another stand before tickets go on general sale?

Why are there no concessions in the Trinity Upper?

Nick Beasley

General,

If I decide to move from the Trinity Upper to the Holte due to the new price structure, will the club enable others like myself a period to select a half decent seat in another stand before tickets go on general sale?

July 5th and 6th are relocation days before tickets go on general sale.

General, i'm sorry you have to read some of the comments regarding season ticket prices on here

thankfully the majority of Villa fans live in the real world, and understand how a business works.

When Martin O'Neill spends money in the transfer market on players of a quality Aston Villa hasn't seen much of in a long while, the fans won't be complaining about paying a tad more on a yearly basis.

Keep up the good, and much appreciated work.

General ,

Season tickets have gone up and so have the box renewals but its the first increase in three years and in reality they are modest increases and we will be renewing both !

Now for the Wigan game we are planning to unveil a 20ft by 20ft banner in tribute to Olof Mellberg the design looks good and I am sure it will touch Olof's heart and show our the fans appreciation of this Viking warrior who along with Barry stood tall in our darkest days of recent years , we don't forget !

Have the club considered showing at the end of the game pictures on the two screens or highlights of Olofs stay at Villa a compilation of his best bits if you like culminating in Olof leaving the pitch hands aloft after being subsituted againt Blues .

This would be a fitting finale on his Villa Park career and show people we are a special club it might convince Gareth Barry this is his home and you cannot buy legendary status and maybe just maybe help us persuade people this is the place to play your football .

Emotional tool yes but lets use anything and everything we can to say Villa Park this is your home !

General,

I agree with the vast majority of people who have commented so far and think the season ticket prices for next season are more than fair. These increases, the first in a couple of years, are more than modest compared to the level of investment that has been going on at our club over the past 20 months.

I am leaving the country this weekend to go and work in the UAE for a few years, but as I expect to return for a week or so every couple of months, I will definitely be renewing my season ticket. If I tell you when I'm coming back can you have a quite word with the people at the FA to make sure a home game is scheduled to coincide with my visits? :-)

Obviously I will be missing the home game against Wigan, and Mellbergs last game, but I hope the club and the fans make him proud and show him how proud we are of him!

Thanks General, I'm going to miss not seeing all the progress at Villa Park so regularly, but I'll check this site regularly to hear more about all the good work that is going on, and I'll do my best to spread the Aston Villa brand across the UAE!

General

I have to buy 3 x Season Tickets fof myself, my daughter and son but can afford it so I dont have a problem with the increases personally.

However I do feel the club have been heavy handed with some of the increases for younger people especially in the current economic climate. I realise that demand will probably outstrip supply and that these tickets were considered "cheap" but the youngsters represent the future support of the club and unfortunately next season I would guess that fewer will be season ticket holders.

Some people now have the perception that the club is trying to dissuade youngsters from attending in an attempt to convert those seats to adults. I dont personally hold that view but I can understand why some may.

Up till now the club and especially yourself have done a fantastic job on the PR side. Which makes this heavy handed approach to some of the price increases all the more confusing.

Putting aside for a moment supply/demand and how our pricing compare to other clubs - do you think the club could have handled the PR side of these increases in a better way?

General,

MON has had to deny press reports that he is using Gareth Barry to try and convince Randy to release funds in the summer. Are you aware of how in the last two weeks our local press have done nothing but try to undermine everything we are doing? Have we fell out with them and who is responsible for PR at the club because apart from the great relationship we have through yourself the relationship with the press in general seems very bad.

Have MON and Randy fell out with each other or are the press wrong?

If the latter can this be nipped in the bud as we do not need to see nothing but negative headlines in the local press.

General,

Tell Martin to substitute Olof again after 80 mins. The reception he would get would be unbelievable. Tear jerking!

And what do you think to the Holte End, its some atmosphere isnt it!! Imagine if the corners of the stadium were filled in, the noise would be electric.

UpTheVilla

General I've seen that some fans on here are claiming that the season ticket price increases are "modest". Well I couldn't disagree more. A lot of fans have not yet realised that there is now no "Trinity Wing" category which means that anyone sitting in the wings of that stand will now have to pay the same price as the best seats in the stand behind the dug out. How can the club justify such an increase? This season I paid £425 for my ST but next season it goes up to a whopping £510. I will be renewing mine but I know of others who have now been priced out of the Trinity. An £85 increase is very very steep.