General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. We all recognize that we still have work to do on the official web-site. I can only say that we did a good deal of work to upgrade it last summer.

2. Security for the Derby is foremost in all of our minds. We want a good game with a spirited atmosphere but we do not want hooliganism or disruption. Obviously we are coordinating with the police and doing other things to ensure the safety of ALL fans. We will be putting info on the official web site as we get closer to the game.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, tony Butler according to Rob on this site has said

rjw63 wrote:

Butler has just said he has asked Randy to come on his show and put the record straight, and that he only wants the top man and no underlings.

Heh.......he's a funny old scrote

I don;t wish you to comment as they would love that but it does show how the press does operate (as Randy unfortunately found out) and the vast majority back Randy in his attitude he takes. Actions speak far louder than words.

General Krulak here:

1. John, yep!

LMFAO!

Mr Krulak, I have been looking on the Littlewoods website, they have all this junk from other teams, 'legends' photos (framed photos etc) DVDs, shirts (even blose) but nothing Aston Villa!

This is a catalogue that gets sent all over the country and a website seen everywhere.

We need more Villa on it!

Can you contact them?

I am very tied and hope this works, if not I hope a mod can help me out, I know how to do it but...just incase!

example one

example two

example 3

On a side note, can I send you a PM on a personal matter??

General Krulak here:

1. We all recognize that we still have work to do on the official web-site. I can only say that we did a good deal of work to upgrade it last summer.

2. Security for the Derby is foremost in all of our minds. We want a good game with a spirited atmosphere but we do not want hooliganism or disruption. Obviously we are coordinating with the police and doing other things to ensure the safety of ALL fans. We will be putting info on the official web site as we get closer to the game.

General, can I make a suggestion that you look into having security posted around Villa Park from the evening of the 19th through until the morning of the 20th?

The Blues are notorious for defacing parts of Villa Park overnight (and in fairness some of our cretins have done the same thing) and the Holte Pub will be a shining beacon for any attempts at vandalism.

general, you know how outside the ground they sell the half villa half whatever scarves... wil VILLA themselves sell Half villa half swedish scarves for the Wigan game, or even half villa half sweden tops? with his name and Villa number on the back? i dont mind paying for the name and numbers really

General Krulak here:

1. John, yep!

Ha, I love you general.

Brilliant.

P.S General, despite this threads (and many others) appearance the vast majority of us still delighted with the way the club is being run these days and the progess that is being made both on and off the pitch.

So thanks and keep up the good work.

TrentVilla

General,

Am a first time poster but a long time browser on this site, and firstly want to echo what has been said many times before - what the board and the management are achieving over the past 20 months is absolutely great and has moved the club on leaps and bounds. It gives me and loads of other Villa fans huge hope for the future (only without as much patience as yourselves :-)). What we are seeing week in week out in, around every facet of the club, is setting a standard that many will soon start following. What you do yourself by communicating on this and other boards is the envy of other fans. I speak to enough other fans around the country and tell them how we can communicate with you, ask you questions and even get swift, honest answers and they just can't believe it! I am suprised no other directors have followed your lead yet. You keep mentioning that this is the Villa family and you are just a part of it. As the saying goes, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, well obviuosly you can, and General, are we glad Randy and you chose us. (Just make sure you always pay the VAT man!)

If I remember rightly, it was mentioned that the new big fans flag that will be past around the ground is due to be unveiled at a home game in April. As the only home game left in April is SHA, should we expect to see the flag then? Personally I think the flag would add to the atmosphere and whole match day experience, but can understand that the atmosphere for that particular game would be intense anyway, but still it would be a great day to unveil it!

Thanks for listening!

Afternoon General,

firstly let me say, as this is my first post on your thread, that I think, as do the majority of fans, that you are doing an absolutely superb job at the club, and I genuinely have never felt better about being a fan.

My question is about the offer for the Wigan game. As I understand it, Season Ticket Holders can purchase extra tickets for the Wigan game for £10 each. Now whilst I applaud any gesture by the club to lower ticket prices, I find this offer a little strange. Firstly, season ticket holders will, obviously, already be going to the game, thus it seems that the offer is to attract extra fans to that game, presumably to push our attendace for the season up. For this reason it doesn't appear clear to me why the offer is purely for season ticket holders. If the purpose is to attract extra fans, then why restrict this by opening it only to ST holders? If the amount available is limited to 3000 anyway, then it seems a little strange to further restrict it by only allowing ST holders to purchase them.

I, for one, would love to attend this game. I am not a season ticket holder as I was a recovering Student at the start of the season and in no way could afford a season ticket. To be honest, i will probably attend the game anyway, but if the offer was available to myself, I'd probably bring along my 2 sisters thus I'd have spent the same amount of money yet there'd be 3 times as many people there.

So I suppose my question is why restrict this to ST holders? and my request is if the allocation of 3000 tickets is not taken up by the ST holders, will the offer be extended to general sale or to people with a booking history to boost the attendance?

Finally, please don't take this as a criticism. As I mentioned, i applaud any gesture by the club to lower prices. I know full well that you could simply sit back and leave the prices as they are, so for that I'm thankful, I'm just a little confused by this gesture, that's all. Keep up the good work!

General Krulak here:

1. First, a request for help!! The Birmingham City Council have put the Club on notice regarding persistent standing. We can incur fines, etc. if this is not brought under control. Obviously, Randy, the Directors and the Club encourage standing and cheering the team over good play or to motivate. The problem is the issue of persistent standing. We recognize it is not just our fans...it is away fans to and we will be addressing them. At the same time, it does involve our fans and it could cost our Club dearly. Please help on this one. :winkold:

2. I will get with John Greenwood and see what we can do re. the Littlewoods web site.

3. Security around the Club. Without going into specifics, we will have security in place well before the weekend in question.

4 the_bubble: First off, welcome to the site!! Secondly, the Flag (which, by the way, is the direct result of a fan suggestion) willl be in its glory for the big game.

5. stevo985: Welcome to the site!!! You pose a good question and I will ask Nicky Keye if she can give me a good answer for you. I will get back to you when I have the answer. Nicky reads the site daily so she will contact me.

General, Ref standing at the back of the Holte. This has been debated and some think they have a right to stand throughout the game and for some strange reason they really dont think that the council will do this. Years ago there was a problem in the lower Holte with this and letters were sent out warning those sitting there, this did at the time help ease the problem.

I would hate to see our capacity reduced because of this problem.

General,

This evening I took in Villa Park on my drive home from work and caught sight of the end of one of the mosaics peeping out from behind the scaffold at the end of the Holte End. I couldn't see much but what I saw was absolutely stunning. It genuinely lifted my day.

Thank you.

General, I knwo this is not the place for debate but your plea on standing will fall on deaf ears, next game is agaonst Blooz no chance

have the council said that they have any complaints, as at St Andrews people stand at the back of the tilton

General,

Thanks for the prompt reply about the flag. It's great that it's a fans idea, it's even better that the club listened to it and gave it back to the fans to choose the design! Can't wait to see it in all it's glory in 10 days!

General,

Bumped into MON tonight.

All I'll say is that he seems a top guy. I tried not to intrude on his time but he seemed genuinely delighted to get some praise for the team.

A good man we've got, methinks?

:D