General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

hi general,

(the positive)

any chance you can pass on some thanks to MON for acknowledging the fans support after the portsmouth game and gesturing which looked like a slightly embarresed apology.

this kind of little thing means alot to the fans, gives us a sense that MON hurts aswel after a defeat.

i inparticular have the upmost respect for this kind of thing

now (the negative)

not one player (apart from marlon of course) seemed to show any thanks what so ever for the effort and great following (even at 2-0) the fans showed them throughout.

i think only barry and agbonlahor were the 2 players to clap as walking down the tunnel.

coming over to the fans ala MON and harewood wouldnt have hurt, whereas all the others didnt so much as glance over

it maybe a small thing but this means alot especially on a away game.

hopefully this can be mentioned to MON although im sure he is already aware of this and hopefully will drum into the players about acknowledging the fans in future

ps. you are a legend

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not agree more with VIVA's statement. It costs us a lot of time and money to travel a 300 mile round trip after a hard working week.

Win, Lose or Draw - the fans who have paid THEIR money out of THEIR back pockets and given up THEIR time deserve just a little "clap".

Obviously i was bitterly dissapointed, but when MoN came over after the game and applauded us - some of us actually cheered. It really really means a lot, it makes us feel a part of the cause.

General,

On the transport theme, is there any chance of letting the supporters club know of fans in their area who regularly travel up to games?

I help run the Eastern Counties Supporters Club and we might be able to encourage fans in our area to travel together, even if we cannot arrange a coach. We have done that on a few occasions now, especially those living around Cambridge.

Also, Villa merchandise has started to appear on the odd shop in Suffolk. It has not been seen there in over ten years. Thank the merchandise team for us.

It all helps to spread the word.

UTV

Stephen

General, I just want to echo what others have said above. I went to the Portsmouth game, spending a lot of time and money, booking time off work. We lost, which I can accept. I cannot accept the disrespect shown by most of our players. They're all quick enough to come over to us when they win, but to not even come and acknowledge us after a defeat is arrogant and ignorant behind belief. :puke:

We don't expect a smiling lap of honour, just a show of respect! :bang:

General

Are there any plans to expand the capacity of the ticket office? I realise that most of the time it is probably running well under capacity but today I spent over 4 hours trying to get tickets for the Birmingham City game. I know it is only occasionally like this but it is very frustrating when it is. Could Villa outsource some of the calls to a call centre or something when you know demand is going to be high?

General Krulak here:

1. First, ticketing: I spoke with Nicky Keye yesterday and she asked me to apologize to the fans for the excessive wait times they had to endure yesterday. Simply put, yesterday was one of the busiest days we have ever seen at the Villa Park ticketing office. We processed over 7,000 tickets for the upcoming Derby...not counting the tickets we processed for other games upcoming. As all of you know, SAFETY and SEGREGATION are paramount in the upcoming game. We needed to ensure that tickets sold went to valid Villa Supporters. For this reason, we did not outsource or use the internet facility. Nicky and her superb team worked long and hard to take care of the Fans...this was just a very tough day. Again, they were intent on doing the right thing. You would not want us to outsouce for the Derby....believe me.

2. John Cresswell: As I mentioned in my earlier comments, we were going to adhere to the requests of the family. We did just that.

3. I am saddened by what I hear about our players after the game. I am not sure why they did not acknowledge the fans. My only thought is that MON asked them to exit the Pitch quickly for some reason unknown to any of us. I will see if I can find out what the issue was.

4. paulanddonya: I hear exactly what you are saying. I must fall back on what I have said before: MON and Randy are seeing the EXACT same games as you are seeing...they are not missing any of them. They see what you see. They want to win as much as you want to win. They know what we need...both in position, talent, AND ability to fit in. I can only say to do what I am doing...trust them.

General

Im very pro the youth team coming through and have been mumbling on about Nathan Delfouneso to start inthe first team or at leats make the bench, could Villa stick up videos of the youth team on the website for everyone to see? or is this something for Villa world fans?

And have you practiced for your role at Right back this week :-P

General Krulak here:

1. First, ticketing: I spoke with Nicky Keye yesterday and she asked me to apologize to the fans for the excessive wait times they had to endure yesterday. Simply put, yesterday was one of the busiest days we have ever seen at the Villa Park ticketing office. We processed over 7,000 tickets for the upcoming Derby...not counting the tickets we processed for other games upcoming. As all of you know, SAFETY and SEGREGATION are paramount in the upcoming game. We needed to ensure that tickets sold went to valid Villa Supporters. For this reason, we did not outsource or use the internet facility. Nicky and her superb team worked long and hard to take care of the Fans...this was just a very tough day. Again, they were intent on doing the right thing. You would not want us to outsouce for the Derby....believe me.

Are there any plans to increase the capacity the ticket office can handle in the future? I realise yesterday was an exceptional day and understand the need to give security a priority for the derby match, but in general this season I think the waiting times to get through to the ticket office have been long than I've known previously, and with the continued success we all hope to have surely this will be more common.

For what it's worth, when I did get through the staff were great as usual, always friendly, helpful and polite, which is feedback I hope you pass back to them.

Hi General,

Have you looked into a queueing system? Or a ring back system to save people having to sit pressing redial over and over again. If you could have a system on the phone that told you what position you were in the queue I think most people would rather have that. If they were too far back, they could decide to call later, but it would mean it when you got through wasn't down to chance.

Not sure there's technology that allows this but it might be worth looking into?

As it happens I was lucky, got through on about my 5th attempt, so no complaints from me really.

Do you know how many tickets are sold, presumably it's almost sold out already?

Hi General

I asked you a few weeks back about leaving my rucksack at reception so I could get off to a camping trip in Wales straight after the Sunderland game and you kindly said you'd arrange it.

I just thought I'd let you know that unfortunately as the weather forecast is blizzards throughout snowdonia over the weekend I won't be going. While I enjoy wild camping, camping halfway up a mountain in a blizzard is a bit too wild :lol:

Thanks very much anyway for your offer of help, it was very much appreciated.

General,

I'm not long back from the Youth cup semi final and although I am disappointed with the result, I am proud of our lads.

Although some of our lads didn't play up to their usual high standards their behaviour on the pitch compared to their opponents was exemplary. We had to witness petulance, moaning, time wasting, hand gestures to the crowd etc from Chelsea but despite all that our lads maintained their self control and discipline. They are a credit to themselves, their families, their coaches and Aston Villa FC.

I would like you to pass on my congratulations to all concerned and tell them to keep up the good work.

Bully

General

I too have just returned from the Youth game. On the upside a very well fought performance from the lads and the crowd turnout was fantastic. Congratulations on the free entry - saw a lot of young faces who will hopefully become regulars at VP in the future.

On a disappointing note was the behaviour of the away team. I was disgusted with the hand gestures aimed at the Holte end at the end of the game. Not once but twice their reserve keeper felt it necessary to gesture to the home fans (the majority young kids!). Then a couple of their players ran up to the holte waving their shirts and generally egging on the crowd. Now I am not sure if they were aware that there were no police at the game tonight. A game that attracted a crowd of 11,000. Had these 11,000 reacted to this in the same disgusting manner this could have escalated to a much more serious problem. At the time I tried to complain to a nearby steward who just walked away from me. I will however be writing an official complaint to the FA.

Sorry for the moan General - just wanted to make you aware. Again for the positive - great performance and a great reflection on the work that is going on at the Villa.

Hey General, i too have just got back from the Youth Cup semi final and whilst dissapointed by the result and what Holtechick said about the away team (oh btw, that jumped up little so and so who kicked the ball at the groundstaff at halftime got a right telling off, good on that groundsman!), i thought the atmosphere was fantastic and i generally had fun. However it got me thinking, i know tonight was free and understand the 2 clubs probably lost a bit of money out of it having not charged a gate price, but are there any plans to play more Youth games at VP, and maybe charge a small price.

Im sure our club could attract decent sized crowds to youth games for a small fee, after seeing an example of tonights game. I was just wondering if theres plans to host any league games at all ?

Hello General.

Could you please pass onto Chelsea my anger at the disgraceful behaviour of their players for over 5 minutes after the final whistle tonight. One Sub ran to the centre circle and made an obscene gesture, and then 2 players ran right to the Holte generally preening and gesturing in a way which incensed many. The Ref had gone, (should he have ?) and there were no Stewards or Police. I saw a gang of at least 20 Villa Fans so incensed they ran the entire length of the Trinity stand to get to the Tunnel , and I'm sorry to say if I were fitter I would have joined them. I am no prude and enjoy even hostile banter, but this was really out of order as well as being extremely ungracious. Where is the point in asking fans to behave if they are goaded by opposition players right under their noses ?

That aside, a great night and despite losing there was plenty on view to be proud of and hopeful about.

General,

I'm sure whilst you will be concerned as to reports of our opponents behaviour this evening you will also be proud that we have a group of young men that represent everything I would hope this great club stands for.

Please pass on our thanks to the Academy coaching staff for their hard work in developing the group of young players that have served us so well in the youth cup this season.

Thank you.

(Oh and for those that enjoyed it, we'll be back at Villa Park with the reserves on the 31st March against the scruffy lot down the road; £2 or free with a season ticket.)

General,

A follow up to my question on scattering a loved one's ashes at VP.

I was watching ESPN the other night when they did a piece on "life long fans". It was mostly about Major League Baseball licensing a coffin and urn manufacturer to use team logos, but then they turned to soccer. For perhaps the 1st time ever Plymouth Argyle appeared on American TV and they interviewed a clergyman who does one "burial" a month at their ground.... they bury the ashes beside the goal net, out of play. Everton were also mentioned, but I missed that part.

I'm not suggesting for a second that the sacred VP turf be touched, but apparently it's not illegal in the UK????

There was also an interview with a USA Today reporter who snuck her Dad's ashes into the end zone at the Rose Bowl.

Many thanks

Hay General,

Just wanted to give a word of thanks for the effort put in to promote the F.A youth cup semi final, Even though we lost tonight it was a insight of things to come from our young villans, I just hope we continue to build on our youth team because the one we have at the moment is one to proud of. I Hope that people keep coming out in there drones to youth/reserve games, Because if we show those teams how much we care and support them, it will only further Increase there confidence and a chance of a bright future.

Thank you to you and randy for all your doing for our great club.

MHV

Hi there General,

first of all please pass on my thanks to the staff at the ticket office who arranged for me to move seats temporarily while my leg heals, it was much appreciated and extremely helpful. The leg recovery is going well and i'm getting more mobile so i look forward to the challenge of getting to my row LL seat at Derby away :) anyway the reason i came into this thread was to commemorate our young lads, i attended the game and it was a pleasure to watch the boys put in a really good performance and they were unlucky to lose, especially to that Chelsea team. Please let Tony and the coaching staff know how we all feel, and that is tremendous pride for the lads who wore the famous shirts, they were a credit to themselves. Unlike the team from West London. I was sat right next to the dugout and the attitude/behavior of their team was disgraceful. The player who was sent off practically refused to leave the field and then took about 5 minutes to do so, they were cheating/moaning/diving/ generally nasty bunch of players and the behaviour at the end was absolutely disgraceful. I do hope the FA are informed as there was definitely some inflammatory gestures towards the end.

Anyway i don't want this to take away from the successes our young lions have achieved this season. I look forward to seeing a few of these boys appearing in the first team one day!

General ,

Went last night enjoyed the game good to see 9 home grown players in the team and a few will come through to the first team in the next few years I am sure the front two and little Bannan look as if they are on the money .

One thing I noticed last night was in the Trinity Road foyer is how out of date the wooden board of roll of honours are which shows a list of all Villa players and the number of international appearances they have made . Its out of date by about 4 years and doesn't do us justice , could you have a look into it please .