General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Back from my business trip....see, no deserting.

2. I have not heard Randy discuss the chants...and I have not discussed them. I don't think we are going to attempt to institute a "chant police" to Villa Park. Some of the chants are definitely "rough" but nothing that this old Marine hasn't heard before. The only issue is the youngsters who attend the games and have to listen to the language. Still, it would be impossible to dictate something like what is "acceptable" to a rabid fan.

3. Stevenjos. I am not sure that we want to get into the habit of giving gifts to those fans who go to away games to support our squad. It almost smacks of "cheapening" the effort of the fan to show support. Paying for coaches to take thousands of fans to Chelsea is one thing...providing gifts for some fans to go to away games just doesn't sound like the right thing to do.

4. Our lads know the importance of the upcoming game with our neighbors...I don't think it would be wise to put an incentive clause in their contracts for those two games.

5. Ginge is basically correct re. opening. I do not accept the statement made by another that our stewards aren't any good. We have some superb stewards working for your Club. Obviously we always need to seek the best and we will continue to do so.

6. Denis_b....let me check on your question. I think I know the answer but let me talk to Nicky Keye.

7. No word to pass on potential sponsor.

8. A BIG well done to our Captain...brilliant game!!!!!!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

With the rugby World Cup final, between England and South Africa or Argentina, kicking off at 8.00pm next Saturday a lot of fans, me definitely included, will not be able to get back from seeing us beat Man Utd in time for kick off.

I presume the Holte Suite be will showing the match after the game but is this only open to season ticket holders, and the numbers will be limited.

I've noticed that theres a mobile 'revolving' screen sometimes in the car park behind the North Stand. Is it possible for this to be sited behind the Holte End making a 'fan park' with all supporters being able to buy a pint in the Holte Suite and enjoy the game.

As a season ticket holder I'll be watching it in the Holte Suite anyway if this isn't possible but it would be great if the club could help as many fans as possible see what could well be a historic occasion.

Also it may help stop large numbers of supporters leaving with ten-fifteen minutes to go, so they can get home for the kick off.

general, would like to echo above and also make another request. I will not get back from the football in time to watch the rugby. But i believe most car parks around the ground close an hour after the game finishes. Certainly the one i park in. Any chance of getting these extended for the rugby, would like to stay and watch it but no keen on leaving my car on a random street.

3. Stevenjos. I am not sure that we want to get into the habit of giving gifts to those fans who go to away games to support our squad. It almost smacks of "cheapening" the effort of the fan to show support. Paying for coaches to take thousands of fans to Chelsea is one thing...providing gifts for some fans to go to away games just doesn't sound like the right thing to do.

Thanks general for replying. i will pass it back to my friend.

Hope things are good in the krulak household!!!!

General Krulak here:

5. Ginge is basically correct re. opening. I do not accept the statement made by another that our stewards aren't any good. We have some superb stewards working for your Club. Obviously we always need to seek the best and we will continue to do so.

Just my opinion based on the experiences Ive had.

Im sure the majority of our stewards are superb, but it only takes a few to let the side down.

General

Reading in the papers this weekend MI5 have stated that Al Queda are to target a live premiership game for suicide bombing. What extra security if any will the board be introducing to ensure our safety. The reason i say this is that as a ST holder i see the security as pretty lapse each game. Will this be tightened at all?

Hi General

I have been helping to raise money for the Street Children of Nepal for some years and recentlly someone has donated 4 x manchester u kids shirts to the home that looks after the kids. Needless to say I am not happy that these children should be corrupted at such an early age :lol: On a more serious note there are 20 kids (from 2-12 years) in the home and I am sure they would look much better in Villa shirts !!!

Is there anyone I could speak to regarding any old surplus kids stock? I will pay to get it there and will happily pay something towards the stuff - any chance we can save these kids from the red devils influence? :) I am sure the home will get pics for all concerned.

Can I also point out it is ILLEGAL to offer the players extra money for victories that are not already part of their contracts (as suggested above...)

Thats why there was a huge problem with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's autobiogrophy 'revelation' (proved untrue) that Chelsea players had received £200k bonuses for beating Arsenal in the CL rather than the 100k that their contacts offered. (Not sure on figures, but the emphasis is that it would get us in trouble)

General Krulak here:

1. Safety at games is critical...and there is much done to ensure that safety. Unfortunately, we do not have all the equipment that would be needed to ensure total safety (if there is such a thing.) Magnometors, X-ray machines, etc. are hard to come by and would cause huge delays in entry. We will do our best but if a bad guy/gal wants to cause problems, they can do it. I have learned long ago that our enemy can basically hit where they want to hit. The VERY BEST defense is the awareness of the fans to those around them. If you see something suspect, make sure you notify us.

2. We are definitely looking at doing something for the Rugby game.

3. If you have a viable charity, call Lee Preece at Villa...he works Community efforts. At the same time, realize that we have chosen ACORNS as our main focus of charitable work.

General, the Pompey game has been moved to a 1245 Sat KO, the worse of them all.

Now they won;'t bring that many and with it being close to xmas we could see a low crod (for this season !!) of around 33k and 10k unsold seats

Can I suggest an idea ?

As it xmas can I suggest a special family offer

for any season ticket holder they can bring a kid down to VP for a £1 and another adult family member for £10

General, the Pompey game has been moved to a 1245 Sat KO, the worse of them all.

Now they won;'t bring that many and with it being close to xmas we could see a low crod (for this season !!) of around 33k and 10k unsold seats

Can I suggest an idea ?

As it xmas can I suggest a special family offer

for any season ticket holder they can bring a kid down to VP for a £1 and another adult family member for £10

MMmmmmmm..yes please

Hi General,

I have a light-hearted but non-the-less important request.

Your answer is required to put to bed a long standing argument rumbling around VillaTalk.

Can you personally visit Bodymoor Heath with a measuring tape and find out for us how tall our Dutch fullback, Wilfred Bouma is!

Failing this can you pass on this request to the medical staff at BH for them to perform the task.

Photographic evidence will probably be required since information presented on our own OS and various other sources seem to often conflict.

Thanks in advance and keep up the frankly outstanding work.

Jimmy Greaves

Hi General, do you know if there are plans for a minute silence for John Cullen, a Villa fan from Solihull who died the other day trying to find help for others during a flood in Thailand. A heroic act like that by one of our own should be recognised.

General Krulak here:

1. Safety at games is critical...and there is much done to ensure that safety. Unfortunately, we do not have all the equipment that would be needed to ensure total safety (if there is such a thing.) Magnometors, X-ray machines, etc. are hard to come by and would cause huge delays in entry. We will do our best but if a bad guy/gal wants to cause problems, they can do it. I have learned long ago that our enemy can basically hit where they want to hit. The VERY BEST defense is the awareness of the fans to those around them. If you see something suspect, make sure you notify us.

2. We are definitely looking at doing something for the Rugby game.

3. If you have a viable charity, call Lee Preece at Villa...he works Community efforts. At the same time, realize that we have chosen ACORNS as our main focus of charitable work.

General

Any news on what the club might be/could possibly do on this? I have a feeling we might see people leaving the game early to try and get back to watch it locally. This could be embarassing if it starts with 25 mins to go as I am sure some people will do this. Maybe use the Holte Suite but on a ticket basis which you have to get before the matchday? I know numbers are limited but it would be helpful, same with the Holte Pub?

Thanks

Gen

Haven't a clue if this is correct but if it is can you tell us why please

A guy on another thread has asked the question is he allowed to wear his Villa top in the executive box (Doug Ellis Stand) on Saturday only to be told that no football tops are allowed.

Is this correct and just because someone is rich enough to have a box - why should that stop them sporting our shirt ? - makes no sense to me.

I for one would applaud someone in the box in a Villa shirt as, the only time I have ever been in one was as a guest at the Arsenal v Wolves FA Cup Semi Final - I swore I wouldn't go in one again as there was 1000's of Wolves fans crying outside and 15 people I didn't know in the box not even watching the football !

I would have thought the club would have welcomed someone in the box actually supporting the team rather than just going as they are on a "freebie"

General Krulak here:

1. Ianrobo1. An interesting idea and one that I will take to the Board...and to Nicky.

2. New web site should be here soon. Simply put, we are not going to put it out there until we are fully satisfied with the product. Right now, we still have some issues we want to fix.

3. I will have to check into the issue raised by paulanddonya. My sense is that shirts are restricted because we have seen where people who are in the boxes come wearing the away kit. But let me look into this.

4. Hopefully we will have info on Rugby soon...and post it on web site.

the exec issue has always been the same, mainly because companies bring 'guests' who well could support the other team and thus this could cause problems

General, today in conversation with a Man Ure fan at work he stated he will be at VP on Saturday as his Dad can get 6 tickets for either the Trinity or Holte.

I just wondered how this is possible as the Holte tickets are certainly not exec ones, he stated this has always happened

john bloody cullen, read this story in the papers the other day but only today found out it was john..poor sod

went to school with him and knew him very very well. was a funny bloke, full of jokes and an utter tragedy for him to die so young, would love to see him honoured some way at the game....villa fan thru and thru