General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

First time poster long time reader here.

First of all I would like to thank yourself, Randy, Martin and all the other board members at Aston Villa Football Club for giving the fans our hope, belief and pride back.

Secondly I would like to thank you for Saturday's 1982 celebrations. It really was the perfect day. So much so, that a mate of mine who was attending his first game for 4 years has decided to return 'home' on a regular basis and purchase a season ticket for himself next season. I'm sure he's not the only one either, and that General, is down to yourself, Randy and Martin.

Let the good times roll.

Up The Villa!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, have you had discussions with Randy about coming on to Villa sites and your overall involvement? HAs Randy given you a free hand to answer what you want/don't want? Are there any 'areas' of questions that you won't/can't answer? s your role in the 'Randy revolution' to get the Randy message across and to get one and all onside as it were?

General,

First time poster, I thought I should follow the new trend of posting my appreciation for all the unbelievable work carried out by the new board of directors and staff at Villa Park in your thread.

I am a 4th generation Villa fan and soon to be returning season ticket holder, I can remember the highs of European glories as a schoolboy and the lows of second division football, but I cannot remember such anticipation around the club.

The talk of top class and world class footballers signing for the club is getting all Villa fans excited and is something that is deserved by such a faithful following and a board with the vision you have shown. The club had stagnated for in excess of ten years pre-Randy, with a lack of forethought and vision shown by the previous regime. Randy has trully awoken one of the few sleeping giants of world football and shows all of the actions of someone who will not accept anything less than reaching the summitt of footballing greatness.

As Randy stated "to own" is not something you can turn up and do but "to support" is and I can assure you that supporting is something that I and many thousands of others will be doing on a week by week basis.

The generals already said that the kit's will be released late july/early august

they can't be released earlier because of the hummel deal

and the general has also said that the away kit, will be classic style, and i presume thats the 82 style

General Krulak here:

Just got back to the USA after great trip to UK. Now to questions:

1. New kit will be out late July/early Aug. People will love the away kit!!

2. We will be upgrading the entire sound system and screens over the summer.

3. Stewiek Z. Thank you for the kind comments. I have not seen the video but I cannot believe I was as good as you indicated....must have been an impersonator.

4. To all you Celtic Fans...NO, you can't have Martin back!!!

5. There will be much work done on the North Stand...some will begin this summer. The work will be done to make the place more accessible for folks who want to conduct business at Villa Park during the week. Sort of a meeting place as well as a place to watch Villa win!!

6. No plans, at present, to name stands.

7. Prince William will get an invitation to come next year.

8. Tour dates for US/Canadian tour will be released soon.

9. Randy and I discussed my coming onto the web sites when he purchased the Club. We both agreed that it would be good for me to establish direct contact with the fans. I don't think either of us realized it would be a "full time" job but we both think it is VERY important and worth the time. The only one who questions that fact is my wife!!! As I have said many times, I am willing to answer any question asked...even if that answer is "I don't know" or "I can't tell you at this time."

Finally, the entire weekend was superb. Much of the credit goes to 3 people: Nicky Keye, Alison Plant and Phil Mepham. These folks from Villa Park were absolutely magnificent.

General

There have being rumours that there is to be a prestigous pre-season friendly held at Villa Park this year, is this true? if so any clues as to the opponents.

General,

I Lived in Haiti (Poorest country in the Northern Hemisphere) for a couple of years, they love football down there.

There is no money to be made down there, but it has many dedicated fans and players that can't afford socks never mind boots, is there anything in the longer term that Villa could do to help these football people?

I don't have a solid suggestion, other than sending a young coach for workshops and Villa putting there name behind a old Football Kit Donation to Haiti and put it all in a 40ft container and sent it down there, it can only improve our reputation. don't forget Dwight Yorke came from the Islands...

General Krulak here:

Finally, the entire weekend was superb. Much of the credit goes to 3 people: Nicky Keye, Alison Plant and Phil Mepham. These folks from Villa Park were absolutely magnificent.

Not to mention the staff who work under these 3 and put there plans into action!!!!

Hi General,

I know you are looking at improving the Villa Shop but as a a father of a 6 year old Villa fan and somebody that works in the licensed gift industry is it possible to pass some suggestions onto your buying team to get some decent products into the shop rather than the usual tat found in there?

I regularly go in the shop with money burning a hole in my pocket to buy Villa merchandise for myself and my son yet usually walk out empty handed due to the lack of decent product on sale.

Here's some of my suggestions that come from somebody with 19 years experience in this market place.

The secret in the kids gift market is to keep the price point down to an impulse buy. Something they can buy with their pocket money or something a parent will buy to keep them quiet or even better they'd want themselves so they buy it using the kids as an excuse. Throw in collectability and you keep them coming back for more!

Villa Trading Cards (Sealed packs of 6 cards rrp £1.50 every player that's ever played for us/ every cup we've won/ every kit/ every crest etc)

Villa Top Trumps(rrp 4.99)

Villa cardboard Subbuteo players (These come in sealed packs like the trading cards)

Villa beanie mini plush (rrp 5.95 do them Bella and Hercules in different kits and release them in phases in counter top cases. Just imagine how a 6" plush of Hercules in the 82 cup winning kit would sell!)

A decent Poster range presented in a proper poster rack. (rrp 3.99)

Magnet Sheets (rrp 2.99)

Sticker Sheets/Books (rrp 2.99)

I could keep going and going! Most of these suggestions are cheap produce and have high margins in them. The beauty of them is that they are easy to keep changing the range so us parents keep coming back to get the next range/image.

They are the sort of lines that most parents would end up buying something every visit to villa park/shop, especially the trading cards.

Hi General

I posted this on the Season Tickets thread, and was advised that you might be able to offer some answers. Any response and I would be grateful. Thanks

"Can I ask a few questions please.....

1) is it possible to get an "away season ticket"? i.e. a season ticket only for away games

2) as someone who only tends to go to games, am I going to find it increasingly difficult to get tickets for away games because there are now going to be more season ticket holders and therefore more people having priority for away games?

3) if I bought a home season ticket, how easy would it be for me to sell my tickets on a game-by-game basis, so I could the home games I can, and still attend away games as usual?

Your comments very much appreciated."

General,

I think this may have been asked already, but do you know if there are any plans for the club to put a package together for fans who would like to follow the team "across the water" for the pre season tour? I for one would be very interested.

If not, I'll hopefully plan my own trip to coincide with it, but my main concern would be getting tickets as I don't want to travel all the way there to find out I can't get into the games!

Hi General

1) is it possible to get an "away season ticket"? i.e. a season ticket only for away games

There's an away scheme, for season ticket holders, where you get tickets for all the away games. Cost is an extra 25 quid (plus the ticket costs). Details available from the ticket office.

It's very good. It's not available to non-season ticket holders, (I guess through demand and availability of away tickets), and is a perk of season ticket holding. It's probably one of the biggest selling points, now of a season ticket, for me.

Tom Hanks primary reason for 'supporting' the villa is that he 'likes the name'.

And who doesnt? :winkold:

It was in fact the way I became to love Villa when I was around 7 years old. I read about the club and I loved the name. When I saw them on TV the first time I was "in love" instantly! This love has now gone on for 34 years...and still going strong. :lol:

General,

I dont know if it has been mentioned or asked before...but was Aston Villa FC a favourite team for anyone on the board and your families before Randy Lerner bought the club? I understand that it is now...but it would be fun to know if there is a new love for everyone on the board or if someone has had his/her heart in Villa before.

It was in fact the way I became to love Villa when I was around 7 years old. I read about the club and I loved the name. When I saw them on TV the first time I was "in love" instantly! This love has now gone on for 34 years...and still going strong.

I know the feeling, 1975 League Cup Semi Final vs Chester, my hometown club, never looked back.

General

How is the Season ticket exchange plan going, reason for asking is that after numerous years of begging, the good lady seems to be giving in to me and my 10 year old son getting season tickets. Problem is we live 100 miles away and he plays football on Wednesday nights, therefore some games we will be unable to get to. If I am able to tell her that for those games we can sell/swap our tickets I think the deal is as good as done.

After 10 years of trying that is a hell of an achievement on the new management's part, and if she is giving in here, well (I live in hope, as do all married men :winkold: )

General

Is there any plans to ease the crowd congestion in the eating/toilet area within the Witton Lane stand as I believe at half time it is almost impossible for a child to get to the toilet and certainly stops me from buying a drink at half time. The speaker system is non existant up by the TV cameras and as this is part of the health & safety for the ground should be checked after the new system is installed.

You could get lost and come and visit us next season in P7 of the Witton Lane stand

General,

Is it possible that Nicola Keye and her team could keep us updated on how season ticket sales are going (maybe on the official site) ?

It's the subject of a lot of interest to fans, and a great indicator to us of how we're progressing.

Obviously I'd understand if you'd rather keep that sort of information in-house, but it would be great to hear that we've broken the 10,000 or 20,000 (or 30,000!) barrier in record time, or that we're miles ahead of last seasons figure.

Heck, the seasons nearly over, and with nothing else to focus on I'll just spend the summer wandering aimlessly about bumping into things and drooling otherwise !

Cheers,

OBE